Would you trade Jordan Howard? What would your price be?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kinda depends on how Nagy feels about his "fit" in this offense, and whether or not his trade value would be higher now, or in the off-season. That being said, I might be more inclined to trade him for a player that could contribute now, as opposed to a future 2nd-3rd rounder.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
LOLOLOLOL

They might get a 6th rounder for that has been.

They should be happy to get a 4th.

Agreed that he won't get that much, but just saw that on Reddit and thought it was relevant given the conversation about Howard's trade value.

Lots of people think that a 2nd for Howard (or high 3rd) seems to be the cut off point in this thread on where the trade value is. Honestly, I had it at a late 2nd as the minimum. But after seeing this tweet, I somehow felt like the estimation from Bears fans for Howard's trade value is over-inflated. Of course a 2nd and 3rd is significantly more than anyone ITT has said, but it was weird seeing someone else show their trade value for a specific player. Made me re-evaluate whether Howard's actual worth a 2nd.

In no way do I think McCoy is worth anywhere close to a 2nd and 3rd. I don't even think he's worth a 2nd but just made me re-think how much Howard would actually be worth on the trade block. McCoy is still a very good RB, has more TDs than Howard over the last 2 seasons, has basically as much in yards, can catch and is a good all-around back, but most on Twitter/Reddit don't seem to think he's much more than a 4th. Of course, he's also hit the dreaded age of 30, so he's likely to show decline in the upcoming years, so there's obviously gonna be a difference in value.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Agreed that he won't get that much, but just saw that on Reddit and thought it was relevant given the conversation about Howard's trade value.

Lots of people think that a 2nd for Howard (or high 3rd) seems to be the cut off point in this thread on where the trade value is. Honestly, I had it at a late 2nd as the minimum. But after seeing this tweet, I somehow felt like the estimation from Bears fans for Howard's trade value is over-inflated. Of course a 2nd and 3rd is significantly more than anyone ITT has said, but it was weird seeing someone else show their trade value for a specific player. Made me re-evaluate whether Howard's actual worth a 2nd.

In no way do I think McCoy is worth anywhere close to a 2nd and 3rd. I don't even think he's worth a 2nd but just made me re-think how much Howard would actually be worth on the trade block. McCoy is still a very good RB, has more TDs than Howard over the last 2 seasons, has basically as much in yards, can catch and is a good all-around back, but most on Twitter/Reddit don't seem to think he's much more than a 4th. Of course, he's also hit the dreaded age of 30, so he's likely to show decline in the upcoming years, so there's obviously gonna be a difference in value.

I get the sense Philly is calling about Shady for sentimental reasons more than anything. The decline for him has probably already arrived.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
With McCoy, you're basically getting him for 3 months. And he's 30 years old

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If the Eagles are desperate and won't to flip is a 2nd round pick for Howard, then you need to explore that. That could be a starting RT next offseason or a S to replace Amos.

Otherwise, I wait, play Howard and explore it again in the offseason. If I do not get offered a premium pick again I let him play out his contract and get back probably a 4th round compensatory pick.

Well supposedly they called the Bills about a reunion with L.McCoy so i don't think Howard is the type of RB they want. So go pick up C.Ivory in your fantasy leagues cause he might be the #1 RB in Buffalo real soon.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I get the sense Philly is calling about Shady for sentimental reasons more than anything. The decline for him has probably already arrived.

I don't think there's all that much of a decline for Shady with a team that actually has a offense and o-line. He ran for over a 1,100 and 450 receiving last year with 8 total TD's.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
John Clayton was on the Radio and apparently said that Jordan Howard was a darkhorse to keep an eye on for the Eagles.

SPORTSRADIO 94WIP

Verified account

@SportsRadioWIP
2h2 hours ago
More
Clayton also mentions Chicago RB Jordan Howard as a sleeper to keep an eye on for the #Eagles.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
There is not anyone on the roster to replace this year. I do think he gets dealt in the off season as the team looks to recoup some high picks (the benefits of having a talented team). It would be nice for the Bears to add even more speed from the draft next year and Hollywood Brown would fit perfectly in this offense, however he is probably going in the first round with that speed. Probably runs a 4.2.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I wouldnt do it for a 3rd either. And I doubt a 2nd materialises.

This offense needs at least the threat of a North/South inside zone kind of runner and he has such great vision. If we do manage to keep this form going and win the division - we have a home game in January and the snow comes in. Can't see Cohen being as effective.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
John Clayton was on the Radio and apparently said that Jordan Howard was a darkhorse to keep an eye on for the Eagles.

SPORTSRADIO 94WIP

Verified account

@SportsRadioWIP
2h2 hours ago
More
Clayton also mentions Chicago RB Jordan Howard as a sleeper to keep an eye on for the #Eagles.

Assuming Philly get their shit together they could be a Wild Card team or win their division. Imagine trotting out in our first playoff game in nearly a decade to face Jordan Howard in the snow. Would be so Bears.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
darkhorse
sleeper

so, there's nothing of substance here.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Assuming Philly get their shit together they could be a Wild Card team or win their division. Imagine trotting out in our first playoff game in nearly a decade to face Jordan Howard in the snow. Would be so Bears.

If they don't win that division, which is awful, they have totally failed.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Baerz wetherz

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Here's the thing. Hopefully the Bears have an idea of what Howard will ask for and what he could get on the open market. With that information they could project what his compensatory pick would be. If we're offered a higher draft pick via trade than what we'd get if he went to free agency and signed with another team, you make that trade. Let's say we project him being worth a 4th round comp. pick and we're offered a 3rd, do you make that trade--knowing that you most likely will not be re-signing him when his rookie contract is up?

That kind of ignores his value to the team for the duration of the contract though. If he goes for a 4th round comp pick at the end if his contract plus I get 2 years of production, that is worth way more to me than a 3rd rounder in the upcoming draft.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Baerz wetherz

We joke about Bear Weather but it is a factor in this I think. Cohen is the ultimate small elusive back and I don't think you could trade Howard and replace his production with Cunningham, Nall etc. Could you get by for a season, maybe who knows.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Eagles won’t offer a 2nd.

The Bears shouldn’t trade him for less.

The deal dies and we ride it out.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
My price:

The same price Ditka paid for Ricky Williams

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Ask 2 1sts. I'd even be willing to give back a 5th rounder, if needed...