Would you trade Jordan Howard? What would your price be?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Although Ryan Pace has been notorious for oddly-constructed rosters (9 receivers! 6 offensive linemen!), I think its notable that the Bears have two RBs taking up spots on their practice squad roster. Are the Bears preparing to ship off an upset Jordan Howard to recoup some of their missing draft picks? I think it would make sense if the Bears are only going to use Howard in a Kadeem Carey "run out the clock" role, but I'm not sure if the Bears will be able to get enough value in return. I'm guessing maybe a team like the Eagles would offer a 3rd rounder for Howard, but that might be wishful thinking, and I think the Bears would be better off simply keeping Howard than trading him for less than a 3rd.

Would you trade Jordan Howard? What would your price be?

Monster

Liked Posts:
No... why would anyone trade Jordan.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
No, and I’m not sure what the market for him would even be. Maybe they could get a 2nd, which is what I would want the Bears to get in return.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. I wouldn't get rid of him. It's a matchup offense and he has a unique (on this team) skillset that will be needed and used at some point.

I also don't think other teams will be interested in giving up more than a 4 for him, which isn't worth it to the Bears IMO. Teams generally like their RBs on rookie deals and his is over half of the way through.

I think the Bears will let him play out his rookie contract without extending him and then we can see what his open market value is. My guess is that he doesn't get another contract here, but you never know.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think the bigger question is why is Nagy not using our best north south runner.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You'd probably be lucky to get a 2nd for him.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No because I still believe he's the best running back on the roster, and even if he isn't let's say Cohen goes down with injury would you want Howard steping back in as the starter carrying the load or Cunningham or a practice squad guy?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think we need to see the effects of gravity on Cohen's agility when the weather gets ickier this season before we talk about trading away our best north/south runner.

@CaptnSUG

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the price was right........tough to say....I'd like to see a second round, but I don't think anyone gives a 2nd for him....I think the value to his team outweighs the trade value.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No I wouldn't. But if i had to, he would cost more than a 3rd.

I wouldn't either but understand that if i did, a 3rd would be all I could expect.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Didn't we do this in the Preseason.....

If someone offers a 3rd or better for Howard, as long as it is not in the division, then yes. I would rather keep him, because quality running backs are still a vital component to having a balanced attack.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bell and a 2nd....so no

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dolphins are really. Bad against the run, I'd be surprised if this week's game plan didn't feature a healthy dose of Howard. Don't think I'd trade him quite yet, unless it was an offer we couldn't refuse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk