IGT: Blackhawks at Wild, 10/1. 7 p.m.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well looks like Q must have saw this as at today practice Fortin was on 2nd line, and Saad Panada on 4th line.

#calledit

let him check with Kruger and be the teeth on the 4th. Great. Sikura would be protected at least with those two, be able to use Saad's speed with passes and good spacing, and actually make that a dangerous line, let Kruger get up the ice a bit and keep morale high.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well looks like Q must have saw this as at today practice Fortin was on 2nd line, and Saad Panada on 4th line.

#calledit

I don't buy that Fortin can finish well enough to be on a Kane line. Maybe if he goes to net and Smaltz gets set up, but Smaltz is one of the few guys who can finish, he just seems to get lost when playing center for Kane. IDK...

Kahun-Toews-Cat is working.
Smaltz-AA-Kane would work historically.
Saad-Kampf-Kunitz
Hayden-Kruger-barf

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I don't buy that Fortin can finish well enough to be on a Kane line. Maybe if he goes to net and Smaltz gets set up, but Smaltz is one of the few guys who can finish, he just seems to get lost when playing center for Kane. IDK...

Kahun-Toews-Cat is working.
Smaltz-AA-Kane would work historically.
Saad-Kampf-Kunitz
Hayden-Kruger-barf

We are looking for two way centers, and Schmaltz is doing that. AA DID that, but he is on the Seabrook pace now, he keeps Schmaltz and Kane playing 2 on 3 or 4 while why wait for him to get to the zone. Kane dangling the puck waiting for him is not efficient use of Kanes time.

Fortin was vinnie fast, without that Mighty Duck fast guy who slams into the boards when he gets there. My only question with Fortin is why Pat Foley calls him Fortan. I've liked this kid since they brought him in two years ago, which probably means he will get dealt soon.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No harm in seeing what Fortin can do while pressuring and motivating Saad, letting him be the scoring leadership on the 4th.

Eventually I want to see the Chech's together, possibly the answer to building around Kruger.

Saad-Toews-Cat
Panarin-Smaltz-Kane
Kunitz-AA-Sikura
Kampf/Hayden-Kruger-Kahun

One more big gun...gives us options and strength wherever we want it. I have an issue with Smaltz and Kane together because they do some of the same things for a line. I think we are stronger if we separate them. Might be time with the way Toews is playing.

Cat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Smaltz-Hayden (smatlz isn't the type of net front center, or isn't best served doing that, he carries puck well into the zone, passes well, skates around and shoots and that is what he should be doing, if Saad is going to be there, somebody needs to keep opponent on a swivel, maybe Hayden could do it and create some space for those two who need to get going.

Toews-AA-Smaltz-Kruger are not really the problem. Saad and Kunitz are part of the problem because we need them to be better than Kahun, Kampf, Johnson, etc...bodies. Just bodies. If Saad and Kunitz are just bodies our scoring looks thin. Bring up Sikura who creates opportunity for others and knows where to be.

I feel there is a plan with Sikura...they want to see what they have up here, and keep the little guy as fresh as possible as long as possible, and then unleash a healthier version to drive the second half, possibly supported by the trade deadline, etc.

If Fortin can be a guy and play like Kahun...we are starting to talk about just needing the defense to come together and Crow to be 90% of what he was, and we can compete.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I want to see a killer k line too, but thats Kahun, Krueger and Kampf. But for now I am just happy they have Krueger on the fourth line and are away from letting him play third line center. There are roles to fill, eat the clock, keep the puck in the offensive zone, preferably burning out the other teams first line.
I dont think Saad should be on the fourth, but he should be on the third.