Time to Worried about Nagy?

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
Not being able to finish off games and game mgmt at critical times has been Nagy's Achilles heal, overall his game plan is solid, but being a manager of the game and taking advantage of opportunities is also part of being a good HC.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Also, Nagy is the HC. He needs to tell Fangio to change his defense when needed, because playing that much off cpverage is never going to work with a QB that wants to get the ball out quick. It's like we were hoping for 3-4 Osweiller picks to have a chance.

Either Nagy is telling Fangio to play conservative, or he needs to tell him to get his head out of his rear and start scheming on defense...

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You don't take your foot off the gas at the 45 fucking yard line. Who does that? Who concedes 3 straight BS runs to kick a 50+ yarder? That was gutless and stupid.

What if he takes a sack there? We're already NOT in FG range. Lol. You think about that kind of shit at the 20 or 30 yard line, not the 45. Gutless and stupid.

The ball was at the 35, not the 45. That said, I agree with you.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The turtle is learning as he goes. We are gonna have to take the ride of ebb and flows.

Hopefully he learns before we have to enter another rebuild

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don't take your foot off the gas at the 45 fucking yard line. Who does that? Who concedes 3 straight BS runs to kick a 50+ yarder? That was gutless and stupid.

What if he takes a sack there? We're already NOT in FG range. Lol. You think about that kind of shit at the 20 or 30 yard line, not the 45. Gutless and stupid.

why are the runs BS? why is running the ball some kind of concession? After howard just got 30 yards running the ball?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
why are the runs BS? why is running the ball some kind of concession? After howard just got 30 yards running the ball?

Because Miami was sold out to stop the run on that play. Play fake, roll out....pass for an easy 1st or try to run it. Worst case scenario throw it away...

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you give up 30 points to the Dolphins you deserve to lose. It would've been a 53 yard FG even on an incomplete pass I'm not sure why u are so fixated on that

There is no "deserve to lose." The situation is that the game is on the line, regardless of what has happened up to that point. The idea is you want to put your team in position to win, right? Nagy got too conservative on that last drive, Nagy even knew it.

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I think because Howard was on the sideline for the first and second down, then they trot him out there and try again on third... I mean, who were they fooling at that point. The Dolphins knew it was going to Howard.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

It sounds like something Trestman would have done.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Naggy showed today he has a long, long, way to go to become a SB coach, if it ever happens. The run with Howard, which everyone knew was coming, could have been blown up 5 yards in the backfield, putting you out of FG range. So why not let your up and coming QB grow and maybe pull out a win instead of putting in a FG kicker to decide what the other 52 guys had been fighting for all day. The fins had two minutes remaining, a timeout, and if you miss they have the ball almost halfway to a filed goal opportunity.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think even kicking that field goal was not the right decision. Should have punted instead.

You have to have a different mentality in OT since it was next score wins. 53 yarders are no chip shot ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR KICKER HAS SHOWN YOU NOTHING FROM 50+ SINCE PRESEASON! You miss and you give the opposing offense a short field for an easy win and that's what happened.

In fact, I would have even preferred going for it on 4th down than kicking that field goal even if it was another Howard run up the gut.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy has done a lot to help this team..That being said, I see 2 glaring faults...

1...When its do or die, he folds up and goes into a conservative play calling shell

2...He likes to call a lot of East-West plays..We all understand you need those to set up N-S plays, but he seems to call em at a bad time...That 4th and 1 play that failed was a good example

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Too conservative and too cute when it counts. The bad part is it doesn't appear he's learning from it yet...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think because Howard was on the sideline for the first and second down, then they trot him out there and try again on third... I mean, who were they fooling at that point. The Dolphins knew it was going to Howard.

Interesting that when we don't give it to Howard, Bears fans talk about him like he's an unstoppable force. But when we DO, it was a dumb move.

Every loss brings out the totally contradictory posts.

My favorite? A couple weeks ago, fans here were posting "Mitch was missing wide open receivers all day." followed by "and the play calls were terrible."

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Interesting that when we don't give it to Howard, Bears fans talk about him like he's an unstoppable force. But when we DO, it was a dumb move.

Every loss brings out the totally contradictory posts.

My favorite? A couple weeks ago, fans here were posting "Mitch was missing wide open receivers all day." followed by "and the play calls were terrible."

When your QB is playing like Trubisky was and its 3rd and 4 you dont fucking run it.