Chill out - Bears are still in First Place

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Welcome to the National Football League, where anyone can win.

All the people just expecting a blowout and saying the Dolphins are a bad team—you’re part of the problem. Let’s hope the players weren’t thinking like that—Otherwise, no wonder they lost.

The team overall didn’t play well, but guess what?

—The Bears are *still* in first place in the NFC North, and will be no matter what at least until next Sunday afternoon.

—Trubisky looks like, under the tutelage of Nagy, he actually *has* turned a corner and is a good starting quarterback. It’s not without needs for improvement, but the relationship is working. The offense scored 28 points. Trubisky went 3/1 for 300+ yards.

—The perfect storm had to happen for the Bears to lose. Their offense had 4 turnovers. Their running backs lost two fumbles. Their defense gave up 28 points and didn’t record a sack. And their kicker missed a game winner. If any one of those things doesn’t happen, the Bears are 4-1 right now. That’s actually en-couraging, not dis-couraging.

—The Bears could very well come out next week and BEAT the Patriots. Don’t laugh—It could absolutely happen. And then you’ll be at 4-2, the same place most fans thought they’d be after 6 games during the bye week.

There are four 4-game seasons. They lost the first game of their second season, just like they lost the first game of the first season, when they went 3-1. If they go 2-2 in their second season, they’ll sit at 5-3 and still very likely be in first place. And with the Jets and Bills coming up, this is a very attainable outcome.

This loss sucked, and was completely avoidable on a lot of levels. But I don’t think this one game will define the season.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't green bay take first if they win tomorrow

greg23

Liked Posts:
Sounds great

Too bad this was one of the worst teams left on the schedule and starting their backup qb.

The bs off pi taking a td off the board followed by a horrid int in endzone and 80 yard drive in 3 plays ti tie the game was the main issue we went to ot and lost.

That td stands and were up 15 and I think we win going away.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Legit teams don’t allow osweiller 380 yards and a rb they should be retired 100 to go with it. Sorry just doesn’t work like that. Week one the secondary allowed a 1 legged Rodgers rip them a new asshole

This was equivalent to a Mel tucker defense

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears are fine. Speed bump, rookie coach, learning experience. Doesn’t matter. The Bears are fine end this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
LOL. Are you breaking the season in to quarters? I remember lovie used to do that.

Yeah, that loser who made a Super Bowl and a conference championship with human bags of spaghetti as his quarterbacks.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't green bay take first if they win tomorrow

Nope, my friend. It’s by winning percentage.

If the Packers win tomorrow, their winning percentage will be .583, below the Bears’ .600 winning percentage.

I heard the RedZone guy casually drop that this loss drops the Bears out of first place. That’s simply not true.

UrlacherRules1977

Liked Posts:

All the people just expecting a blowout and saying the Dolphins are a bad team—you’re part of the problem. Let’s hope the players weren’t thinking like that—Otherwise, no wonder they lost.

—The Bears are *still* in first place in the NFC North, and will be no matter what at least until next Sunday afternoon.

—Trubisky looks like, under the tutelage of Nagy, he actually *has* turned a corner and is a good starting quarterback. It’s not without needs for improvement, but the relationship is working. The offense scored 28 points. Trubisky went 3/1 for 300+ yards.

—The perfect storm had to happen for the Bears to lose. Their offense had 4 turnovers. Their running backs lost two fumbles. Their defense gave up 28 points and didn’t record a sack. And their kicker missed a game winner. If any one of those things doesn’t happen, the Bears are 4-1 right now. That’s actually en-couraging, not dis-couraging.

—The Bears could very well come out next week and BEAT the Patriots. Don’t laugh—It could absolutely happen. And then you’ll be at 4-2, the same place most fans thought they’d be after 6 games during the bye week.

There are four 4-game seasons. They lost the first game of their second season, just like they lost the first game of the first season, when they went 3-1. If they go 2-2 in their second season, they’ll sit at 5-3 and still very likely be in first place. And with the Jets and Bills coming up, this is a very attainable outcome.

This loss sucked, and was completely avoidable on a lot of levels. But I don’t think this one game will define the season.
You do realize who we play next week right??

10veitout

Liked Posts:

Yes, at least you will be in first place after 5 weeks. Never mind the fact you have no chance of being in first by week 17.

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
Bears could beat the Patriots next week if both the O and D show up at the same time. Both Rodgers and Black Ice Water showed how to beat the Bears though. If a team is smart, they'll replicate what was done until Fangio learns to adjust or our D learns to tackle.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Is there anyone who honestly thinks the Bears are as good as the Vikings or finish above Rodgers?

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Just have to hope this game was an aberration and they are better than this. It was talked about all bye week how this could be a trap game coming off that huge win only to have to wait 2 weeks to play again with everyone looking ahead to the Patriots game. Add in the heat that had the defense completely gassed and you end up with a game unlike any they will have the rest of the season. (Also that stadium setup is bullshit and a big home field adavantage. Dolphins were in the shade the entire game while the Bears were in direct sunlight.)

We will just have to wait and see if the Bears were exposed today as pretenders or if this was just one bad game where a lot had to go wrong to lose.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Everybody upset about this loss should quit the forum.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
This year was never about this year. It’s a learning experience. This loss means something more than we can analyze. It’s a prototype year guys. Enjoy the fact that we’re in this position, most teams aren’t.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
But no I think the refs one was for Miami.I am not mad the bears are in a better position than they were this time last year we have an opportunity to make the playoffs which we didn’t last year so you’re absolutely correct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes, at least you will be in first place after 5 weeks. Never mind the fact you have no chance of being in first by week 17.

Glad to see you’re OK. When you completely disappeared during the GB-Detroit game after posting 100 first half posts, we thought you died. But now we know you just troll.

How proud you must be.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aberration game. Least Trubisky didnt completely shit the bed. D was gassed and lazy.

Not too worried if they beat the evil empire next week

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It’s a loss to a nonconference team on the road when everything went wrong.

The thing that bothers me it was against a backup QB and a team that was beat up.