Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know everyone is blaming different people for the loss, but for me, it's the turnovers.

If we don't turn it over twice in the redzone, we win. Howard's fumble at the 1 was a killer. Trubisky's INT in the end zone was a killer. Then you add in Cohen's fumble, and it's easy to see why we lost.

We could have gotten anywhere from 6-14 points if we didn't have those two turnovers, and that would have been the difference.

We wouldn't have needed to blame Nagy and his conservative play calling in OT, or Parkey's missed kick, because they wouldn't have happened. Yes, the defense sucked, but again, if we just took care of the ball, it wouldn't have mattered.

A lot of things caused us to lose.... but fuckin turnovers, man.

Last edited:

swz01

Liked Posts:
Yeah offense didn't play perfect but 28 pts more than enough to win against a poor offense. The offensive PI call on the TD definitely cost us the game. Refs were bad but D was worse than bad.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know everyone is blaming different people for the loss, but for me, it's the turnovers.

If we don't turn it over twice in the redzone, we win. Howard's fumble at the 1 was a killer. Trubisky's INT in the end zone was a killer. Then you add in Cohen's fumble, and it's easy to see why we lost.

We could have gotten anywhere from 6-14 points if we didn't have those two turnovers, and that would have been the difference.

We wouldn't have needed to blame Nagy and his conservative play calling in OT, or Parkey's missed kick, because they wouldn't happened. Yes, the defense sucked, but again, if we just took care of the ball, it wouldn't have mattered.

A lot of things caused us to lose.... but fuckin turnovers, man.

Well said.

Turnovers is what it came down to.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yep...can’t turn the ball over on the road when points are pretty much guaranteed

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL what sort of logic is this shit? You want to call out plays earlier in the game as if they negate what actually happened later? That isn't how it works. This isn't the National Woulda Coulda Shoulda Football League. It happened. Team loss because it was a team loss.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL what sort of logic is this shit? You want to call out plays earlier in the game as if they negate what actually happened later? That isn't how it works. This isn't the National Woulda Coulda Shoulda Football League. It happened. Team loss because it was a team loss.

It's what happened early in the game that caused what happened later to happen.

If we don't turn it over 3 times, especially twice in the Redzone, we wouldn't be talking about what happened in OT or the defensive collapse late in the 4th, because it wouldn't have mattered. OT would not have happened, and the defensive collapse wouldn't have mattered, because we would have had more points and Miami wouldn't have covered the gap.

I never negated what happened later. I'm saying the turnovers were the biggest reason why we lost. Seriously, quit being annoyingly stupid. If you don't think the three turnovers had a huge impact on the outcome of the game, you're a moron.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cool strawman bro. Obviously the turnovers had a major impact on the outcome. They took points off the board. Still doesn't negate what actually happened or the ability to criticize what ACTUALLY happened. Because, you know, it happened. Not only that but it also exposed Nagy's decision making in those situations.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cool strawman bro. Obviously the turnovers had a major impact on the outcome. They took points off the board. Still doesn't negate what actually happened or the ability to criticize what ACTUALLY happened. Because, you know, it happened. Not only that but it also exposed Nagy's decision making in those situations.

Yes, the turnovers ACTUALLY happened too.

I didn't knock anyone for blaming the defense or the playcalling. I gave my opinion that I think turnovers were the biggest reason for the loss because they took easy points off the board for us. Also, if we didn't turn the ball over and got those easy points, my argument was that we wouldn't have needed to worry about what happened later because it wouldn't have mattered.

Also, historically, teams that win the turnover battle have a MUCH better chance at winning the game. Miami beat us 3-2 in that regard. So again, in my opinion, turnovers played the biggest role in us losing the game.