Leonard Floyd

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
is it safe to say he is an average player at best? I know he injured his hand but i keep waiting and waiting to see him take over. I dont think its ever going to happen. ?

Reactions: DC

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He's never played worse. I know people want to say he's been good in pass coverage or doing little things that don't show up on the stat sheet to make it look a little better for him, but they drafted him to rush the passer. If he's not getting to the quarterback, he's not producing the way the Bears envisioned the #9 pick in the draft to do. Still a lot of season left, but the early return on Leonard Floyd is not great.

He was also one of the older rookies coming into the draft, which I have never liked, and has a history of getting hurt. You can't combine all of that and then not perform on the field when you're available.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He's never played worse. I know people want to say he's been good in pass coverage or doing little things that don't show up on the stat sheet to make it look a little better for him, but they drafted him to rush the passer. If he's not getting to the quarterback, he's not producing the way the Bears envisioned the #9 pick in the draft to do. Still a lot of season left, but the early return on Leonard Floyd is not great.

Doesnt matter what we drafted him to be now. He's a decent complimentary piece to Mack. And if he keeps playing like this...may be an easy one to re-sign for cheap.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Average? Did you see that suplex? He is destined for greatness

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Doesnt matter what we drafted him to be now. He's a decent complimentary piece to Mack. And if he keeps playing like this...may be an easy one to re-sign for cheap.

He was the 9th pick in the draft. Decent is not good enough.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
At the time I’d rather had Tunsil. Neither are looking that great.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Leonard is absolutely better than average he just needs to gain weight period Or they need to move him to inside linebacker one of the two but he is a player

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Floyd is bust.

If this team did not get Mack and was heading into the season counting on Floyd to provide the primary pass rush they would be 1-4 right now with one of the worst ranked defenses in the league.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
He's a "coverage OLB" that couldn't tackle a guy he was covering, so he tried to body slam him, and his penalty setup a TD for the other team.

Oh, and now that Mack might be slowed by an ankle injury, certainly he'll step up and get some sacks these next few weeks.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Stop whining about the past.

This is such an odd statement, I don't even know where to begin. The only thing I've established is that any reasonable criticism about a previous draft pick equates to "whining about the past."

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
He's a "coverage OLB" that couldn't tackle a guy he was covering, so he tried to body slam him, and his penalty setup a TD for the other team.

Oh, and now that Mack might be slowed by an ankle injury, certainly he'll step up and get some sacks these next few weeks.

Really I loved that he slammed him and got the penalty fuck the dolphins he wouldn’t go down Floyd took him down .....

BEAR DOWN

8234a3f632aaffbfbbc5fc3e9120cefc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I don't know the actual stats, but it seemed like he rushed the passer more in this game than in the past, and he got absolutely stone walled on multiple attempts that I saw. I had a bunch of company over so I didn't pay as close attention as I normally do, so hopefully he did better than what I saw.