5 Thoughts and Observations on Dolphins-Bears

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
It is hard to stop a quick passing team when the corners are 10 yards off the ball and backing up at the snap...
Agreed in principal, however...

Until the Bears D gets their tackling, angles and converages where it needs to be, and they stop giving up these long YAC plays, I don't mind playing off the ball as long as the Bears have a decent lead to support it.

Bears 2006 Def was bend-not-break with plenty of turnovers -- it certainly worked for that Bears team. They gave up more yards, but not points, they knew how to tightened up in the red zone. Hopefully improving 2018 D's tackling will go a long way.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed in principal, however...

Until the Bears D gets their tackling, angles and converages where it needs to be, and they stop giving up these long YAC plays, I don't mind playing off the ball as long as the Bears have a decent lead to support it.

Bears 2006 Def was bend-not-break with plenty of turnovers -- it certainly worked for that Bears team. They gave up more yards, but not points, they knew how to tightened up in the red zone. Hopefully improving 2018 D's tackling will go a long way.

poor tackling was in part due to playing off as they allowed too much space for Wilson to make moves. Better to press because then you tackling before a guy can make a move.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Our defense was NOT prepared for the heat. They looked slow in the first half, and they just got worse. That stadium and that weather is such a huge advantage for Miami. How do they ever lose early in the season?

Next time we see Miami, I want it to be in Soldier Field in December. Fuckers.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
poor tackling was in part due to playing off as they allowed too much space for Wilson to make moves. Better to press because then you tackling before a guy can make a move.
Well, to be fair there were Bears defenders right in front of WRs and they still got duped and missed plenty of tackles. I think the issue is at least partially tackling and angles. But sure, if you're more in press coverage you can nail the tackle immediately after the catch before the receiver can think about taking a step. I don't doubt that either.

Still I'm sure the Def is going to have to play prevent-D some points, and they better be able to take correct angles and tackle properly.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Fullers dive at your toes got exposed. Even the announcer was talkin about how all the Dolphins were hurdling Bears.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Yup. Bears at Broncos. 2011

1st & 10 at CHI 40
(10:39 - OT) W.McGahee left guard to CHI 39 for 1 yard (B.Urlacher).

2nd & 9 at CHI 39
(10:07 - OT) T.Tebow scrambles up the middle to CHI 34 for 5 yards (B.Urlacher).

3rd & 4 at CHI 34
(9:23 - OT) Timeout #1 by DEN at 09:23.

3rd & 4 at CHI 34
(9:23 - OT) T.Tebow left tackle to CHI 33 for 1 yard (A.Okoye).

4th & 3 at CHI 33
(8:40 - OT) Timeout #2 by CHI at 08:40.

4th & 3 at CHI 33
(8:40 - OT) M.Prater 51 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-L.Paxton, Holder-B.Colquitt.

Mind blown at this point.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Fullers dive at your toes got exposed. Even the announcer was talkin about how all the Dolphins were hurdling Bears.

They were talking about it because it happened twice in the game. I'm completely OK with Fuller's tackling. Hurdling doesn't get you much more yardage.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The defense was tired and they stopped tackling.....that was the game....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well that and the HC stopped trying at the 40 yard line.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They were talking about it because it happened twice in the game. I'm completely OK with Fuller's tackling. Hurdling doesn't get you much more yardage.

Trying to put your shoulder into a guys knees or below is a poor way of tackling...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I disagreed with those choices, but it should not have come to it...

That is the strange thing about life. Plenty of things happen that should not have happened if people did what they were supposed to. The D was terrible. That is no excuse for Nagy essentially quitting on his team at the 40. Two separate things that both deserve harsh criticism.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is the strange thing about life. Plenty of things happen that should not have happened if people did what they were supposed to. The D was terrible. That is no excuse for Nagy essentially quitting on his team at the 40. Two separate things that both deserve harsh criticism.

I think it is wrong to say he quit on his team. He may have put too much faith in his kicker.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Let's be honest here, if Fox was coaching this game, the Bears would probably have lost to the Dolphins 45-3. It was that type of game.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Let's be honest here, if Fox was coaching this game, the Bears would probably have lost to the Dolphins 45-3. It was that type of game.

But what about this, bro?

Yup. Bears at Broncos. 2011

1st & 10 at CHI 40
(10:39 - OT) W.McGahee left guard to CHI 39 for 1 yard (B.Urlacher).

2nd & 9 at CHI 39
(10:07 - OT) T.Tebow scrambles up the middle to CHI 34 for 5 yards (B.Urlacher).

3rd & 4 at CHI 34
(9:23 - OT) Timeout #1 by DEN at 09:23.

3rd & 4 at CHI 34
(9:23 - OT) T.Tebow left tackle to CHI 33 for 1 yard (A.Okoye).

4th & 3 at CHI 33
(8:40 - OT) Timeout #2 by CHI at 08:40.

4th & 3 at CHI 33
(8:40 - OT) M.Prater 51 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-L.Paxton, Holder-B.Colquitt.