Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I love the people that don't live down here acting like the weather is a complete non factor. LOL. I don't care how much cardio you think you do, come fly down here and go try and take a leisurely jog at noon right now much less play a football game in pads. I bet you don't make it a block before you're sweating like you just jumped in a pool, feel like you're going to have a heat stroke, and quit. Spare me the professional athlete shit. It doesn't matter.

These are the same people that won't leave their house in the summer when the humidity is high. Just ignore them.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Do you think it was a factor that the balding/bald Coach Nagy chose to wear a visor instead of a baseball cap? The top of his head must have been broiling. Do you think that perhaps the heat affected Nagy's end-of-game coaching decisions (i.e. 'coaching fatigue')? Perhaps the goal posts appeared closer to Nagy than they really were, like how a man dying of thirst in the desert will see a mirage of lake?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you think it was a factor that the balding/bald Coach Nagy chose to wear a visor instead of a baseball cap? The top of his head must have been broiling. Do you think that perhaps the heat affected Nagy's end-of-game coaching decisions (i.e. 'coaching fatigue')? Perhaps the goal posts appeared closer to Nagy than they really were, like how a man dying of thirst in the desert will see a mirage of lake?

Perhaps, it was an odd choice to expose the dome to the sun like that.

I think that Nagy got nervous at the end of overtime, thought he could steal the game, and had way too much faith in his kicker.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I love the people that don't live down here acting like the weather is a complete non factor. LOL. I don't care how much cardio you think you do, come fly down here and go try and take a leisurely jog at noon right now much less play a football game in pads. I bet you don't make it a block before you're sweating like you just jumped in a pool, feel like you're going to have a heat stroke, and quit. Spare me the professional athlete shit. It doesn't matter.

Lol. For real.

Was it nice down there in the morning on Saturday? I walked outside at like 6am and it was in the 60's. Beautiful. Of course it was back up to 90 again in the afternoon, but the morning was nice. Can't wait for it to cool off.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
20181014_124924.jpg

Before the game. Wish I took some during to show Bears players struggling and the team having 8 or 9 guys who all were just holding up heat shades all game.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
But what about the most important observation: Did the arm sleeve help Trubisky??

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:

LOL. That's funny you mention that as I made the same joke to my buddy when we were watching the game yesterday. I couldn't believe he stuck with the visor. Hope he put some SPF 5000 on else he's gotta be in a world of hurt today. But yeah clearly he must of been feeling the effects of the heat if he thought sending Parker out there for a 50 yarder was a good idea lol.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
But the only time the refs call that penalty is when it happens at the goal-line. The refs hardly ever call PI on a pick when it happens in the middle of the field. Burton's actions practically begged the refs to throw the flag. From my other thread:

The broadcast and announcing of the game was terrible, and they didn’t really delve into the offensive PI against Trey Burton. It seems like the refs only throw the flag on the ‘pick play’ when it’s a goal-line situation, and Burton did a really poor job of not turning and looking for the ball…he basically just ran into the Dolphin player and shoved him down. I thought it was kind of dumb to be passing on 1st and goal from the 3, but I guess Howard did have a goal-line fumble earlier in the game.

Actually Jennings mentioned the play by Burton and said it was ticky tack and is run by NFL offenses on the goal line all the time.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Only the Bears could find a way to lose due to the head coaches hat choice.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
View attachment 2584

Before the game. Wish I took some during to show Bears plays struggling and the team having 8 or 9 guys who all were just holding up heat shades all game.

Were those poor slaves holding up the shades Bears support staff? We were joking about that shit all game long. Couldn't tell if they were Dolphins employees or what. Those poor people. Literally the worst job imaginable lol.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Here is my short take:

1 - Mitch can play, and had a good performance overall against a good D on the road. TB was not a fluke.

2 - Unlikely the D shits the bed like that again.

I remain enthusiastic about this team.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Like holy fuck I was just sitting there and sweating like a pig. Had a couple people got dehydrated just sitting there and had to get help. Once again the Dolphins are in the shade and the visitors are not. They purposefully built the stadium that way to make it shitty got the visiting team. So the two teams are not experiencing the same thing.

Vast portions of the visitor side spent the game down in the club room and refused to sit in their seats.

The shit was unbearably fucking hot and I come from The Bahamas. I spent about an hour in the club room and 2 hours in the sun. I am sunburned as fuck right now and peeling.

The heat was a clear factor period. How much who knows but it was not 87 on the field.

Anyone suggesting the heat wasn't a factor is clueless. Football in that heat is brutal no matter your conditioning level. The humidity takes it to another level.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Were those poor slaves holding up the shades Bears support staff? We were joking about that shit all game long. Couldn't tell if they were Dolphins employees or what. Those poor people. Literally the worst job imaginable lol.

Looked like Bears staff. We were joking about the fact they were almost all white holding up shade for a bunch of black dudes. Can't imagine what a plantation owner from slave times would have thought about that, lol.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Only the Bears could find a way to lose due to the head coaches hat choice.

I really did find it odd that Nagy would wear only a visor...like he acknowledges the sun/heat, but forgets that he's bald. It was like the opposite of Joe Maddon wearing his Arctic Circle Expedition gear on a 50 degree day at Wrigley.

DB51

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the heads up from the future, now I don't have to watch the game on Sunday and can do something more productive. Since you know so much from the future, can you tell me if the Bears are going to make the playoffs? I can just quit watching the Bears on Sunday and catch the games some other time, thanks buddy
Anytime my friend...sure you don't want the lottery numbers instead?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was 87 degrees in Miami yesterday, not 107. If guys really were struggling that's a conditioning issue. Ridiculous for professional athletes not to be able to handle 87 degrees.

The field is setup so the visiting team is in full sun and the home team in full shade all day. It's an effective 15 degree difference on the sidelines in these conditions. Obviously the same when on the field of play but the 15 degrees sideline difference affects recovery. It's not an excuse for bad play early but I do understand them getting tired. Miami's players were also showing the effects and they were in a better situation.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Can you add a Commentators section? This was the worst commentating that I've possibly ever heard-- and that's saying a lot!

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Here is my short take:

1 - Mitch can play, and had a good performance overall against a good D on the road. TB was not a fluke.

2 - Unlikely the D shits the bed like that again.

I remain enthusiastic about this team.

As frustrating at the game was, when you take a step back and realize how much fun the Bears are to watch right now... It feels good.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
Follow Follow @RapSheet

#Bears star pass-rusher Khalil Mack got rolled up on yesterday and injured his ankle during the loss to the #Dolphins, I’m told. The injury may have kept other players on the sidelines, but Mack gutted it out into overtime and stayed on the field. More info later in the week.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
Follow Follow @RapSheet

#Bears star pass-rusher Khalil Mack got rolled up on yesterday and injured his ankle during the loss to the #Dolphins, I’m told. The injury may have kept other players on the sidelines, but Mack gutted it out into overtime and stayed on the field. More info later in the week.

Cutler reference?