Thoughts and Observations: Week 6 Dolphins

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nice write up, Windy, as usual.

The one point I certainly agree with the most is that Trubisky looked good and put to rest any fears that the Tampa game was a fluke.

While he started slow and missed a throw that would have been a long TD (badly), he had many great throws in the second half. Maybe the reason for the screens in the first half were that he was missing on longer throws at that point.

But the biggest take away for me, as bad as the result was, is that Mitch can throw the ball, and Nagy's offensive play calling and game plan is very very good. OT notwithstanding, he has a dynamic offense that is so far from the three and outs we have become used to seeing that it is simply great to watch. This D won't play like that again, and the offense can hang with most anyone.

Very frustrated that yesterday's W turned into an L, but still very encouraged going forward.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cutler reference?

Cutler was tougher than 75% of the teammates he played with. He's the very last guy I would have thought of reading that comment (primarily because it was referring to defenders).

If we're going to constantly call out former players for not playing with a hang nail, can we at least call it like it truly was and call out Alshon instead of Cutler? Softest guy on that team.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Cutler was tougher than 75% of the teammates he played with. He's the very last guy I would have thought of reading that comment (primarily because it was referring to defenders).

If we're going to constantly call out former players for not playing with a hang nail, can we at least call it like it truly was and call out Alshon instead of Cutler? Softest guy on that team.

Who were the other 25%? I want names.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I want to know how the Dolphins always have this privilege of deferring to their road uniforms at home in high temperature situations like this as seemingly often as they do. Bears looked like walking death on the sidelines guzzling Gatorade.

forget about Cohen calling the wrong side in the OT coin toss. Drake fumbled the ball and the Bears got it back anyway. the Bears had about 5 opportunities from the 4th until the finish to wrap this game up, they didn't. Howard showed like his only action on the entire season in that OT drive (2 long runs) and I guess Nagy tried playing the hot hand on that 3rd and 4.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I love the people that don't live down here acting like the weather is a complete non factor. LOL. I don't care how much cardio you think you do, come fly down here and go try and take a leisurely jog at noon right now much less play a football game in pads. I bet you don't make it a block before you're sweating like you just jumped in a pool, feel like you're going to have a heat stroke, and quit. Spare me the professional athlete shit. It doesn't matter.

As a runner (half marathons, so impressive by CCS standards, unimpressive by the running community) who has visited South Florida in recent years, I'm gonna save your targets some time and advise not to do that.

From the start I felt like I needed to bring a second shirt to change into before I finished my run. My lungs were hurting before I hit my third mile. I never made it to mile 5. I resolved to never visit Florida again unless I was desperate for Cuban women. Fuck that shit. It was absolutely a factor. Forget physical conditioning, the mental toll it takes to muscle through that can defeat a man in minutes.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Frankly sitting in that heat was a miserable experience and I would never do it again. The only reason I just didnt stay in the club the whole game was the thought of spending $300+ to watch the game on TV.

So I sucked it up and spent most of the time out there in the heat. I couldn't even go out to South Beach after. I ate dinner and the went home and watched the late game in my bed and passed out before it was over. It was a completely draining experience and my fat ass just sat.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to knock Floyd on the suplex play, he hit him, held him, got no help and no whistles were being blown and if he didn't do something Amendola (I'm pretty sure it was) would've escaped. Even one of the awful announcers said "what was he supposed to do?". I was fine with that play and the roughing the passer call was complete bullshit, even if he did hit his helmet which you couldn't really tell that he did, it was a tap of his arm because Brock's head didn't even flinch.

I thought the suplex was perfect for the play. Hey, if the mther fker doesn't want to go down, put him down. Not sure I understand the flag, it was a tackle, he didn't pile drive him. Or maybe blow the fking whistle when the forward momentum was stopped. I'm sorry, that was on the refs.

jc456

Liked Posts:
But what about the most important observation: Did the arm sleeve help Trubisky??

missed the first pass of the game for him to Allen wide fking open down the middle. Wide fking open with absolutely no pressure. overthrown by ten yards. I told my wife, ah shit, we got the normal Mitch today.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I re-watched the game on Game Pass condensed version (hard to do after a loss).

Of all the things mentioned, the one that stood out to me was the poor tackling. I know the players on the other team deserve some credit once in a while, but it was like our defense left their arms in the locker room. BUT, that can be fixed, and I think the defense will come in with a rekindled focus next week, at home.

Despite the loss, it is nice to know that if we
- didn't fumble the Ball twice or throw an interception in the end zone, we likely win this game.
- if the ST coach had noticed that Parkey was leaking all his kicks to the right, and had let him know that he needs to cheat slightly left, we likely win this game.
- if Nagy had coached like he needed 7 points in OT, we likely win the game.
- if we would have loaded the box to prevent the quick throws from going uncontested the entire game, we likely win the game.
- if we play press man coverage, and our pass rush gets home a couple of times in critical situations, we likely win the game.

Bottom line is that if just one of those things happens we likely win the game, so I am still optimistic. Just not against the Patriots.

jc456

Liked Posts:
That pick play call on Burton was shit. That's all I would add.

Right? how fking often do our backs get picked in that scenario? hell the first TD was a pick play by Miami, tight end out of the fullback position and our linebacker got picked. hly fk.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frankly sitting in that heat was a miserable experience and I would never do it again. The only reason I just didnt stay in the club the whole game was the thought of spending $300+ to watch the game on TV.

So I sucked it up and spent most of the time out there in the heat. I couldn't even go out to South Beach after. I ate dinner and the went home and watched the late game in my bed and passed out before it was over. It was a completely draining experience and my fat ass just sat.

Lol. It looked pretty fucking miserable from my seat on the couch in Oregon

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right? how fking often do our backs get picked in that scenario? hell the first TD was a pick play by Miami, tight end out of the fullback position and our linebacker got picked. hly fk.

Happens all the time, kinda like the holding on Mack all game

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Florida weather sucks, granted. But they had 2 weeks to prepare. The lack of conditioning is on the coaches and the players. Bears defense was content being 3-1 and mailed this motherfucker in. End of story.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
102 on the field with the humidity factored in.

It's the humidity that is the really tough part. On the field 102 degrees is really punchy as well. I have some sympathy for sure but they're professional athletes and they're paid an absolute fortune.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Florida weather sucks, granted. But they had 2 weeks to prepare. The lack of conditioning is on the coaches and the players. Bears defense was content being 3-1 and mailed this motherfucker in. End of story.

Exactly. Guys were gassed at the start of the 3rd quarter. Hicks was taking so many plays off I thought he was going to fall over. There were several plays he was just getting in his stance as the ball was snapped and he just got shoved backwards.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:

Earth to morons: "Conditioning" is irrelevant to your bodies response to humidity. Stop repeating the same meathead bullshit. Nagy could of had them running half marathons every day in Chicago and it would have made zero difference.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Earth to morons: "Conditioning" is irrelevant to your bodies response to humidity. Stop repeating the same meathead bullshit. Nagy could of had them running half marathons every day in Chicago and it would have made zero difference.

This is true, acclimation does not equal conditioning. Now if he had them running indoors at 100 degrees and 80% humidity, that would do it.