Khalil Mack Injury Update

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears keeping an eye on Khalil Mack’s right ankle

ByPatrick Finley @patrickfinley | email

The Bears will continue to monitor the right ankle that Khalil Mack hurt in the first half Sunday. The outside linebacker missed 16 snaps against the Dolphins during the course of the game. He played much of the rest of it with a taped-up ankle.

Mack didn’t seem to concerned about it after the game, which was easily his worst with the Bears after four stellar games.

“I’m good,” he said.

Nagy said Monday, though, that Mack would undergo routine testing at Halas Hall “in the next couple days.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bears pass rusher Khalil Mack to undergo tests on injured right ankle
By COLLEEN KANE

Bears coach Matt Nagy didn’t provide an update on Khalil Mack’s injured right ankle beyond saying the outside linebacker would undergo tests this week and the team would know more in a couple of days.

Mack injured his ankle in the first half against the Dolphins on Sunday but re-entered and wound up playing 79 percent of the Bears snaps on defense. He finished with two tackles, but it was his first game in a Bears uniform without a sack or a forced fumble.

The Bears, who had 18 sacks in their first four games, didn’t sack quarterback Brock Osweiler once Sunday.

“As most teams do there’s emphasis on being able to do some different things with those edge guys, both Leonard (Floyd) and Khalil, and so they did some stuff there,” Nagy said. “I'll give credit to Miami. They did a good job in regards to hitting guys that were open when they were open and then running after the catch. … When you’re not getting to the quarterback, then you want to do your best to try and get your hands up and have some tipped balls. We didn’t have many of those, so hopefully we can improve for next week.”

Nagy said he hopes the missed tackles that marred the defense’s second half, most notably on Albert Wilson’s tying 75-yard catch-and-run for a touchdown, were “an aberration.”

“We’ll discuss it, and we make everybody accountable,” Nagy said. “We like to pump them up and show them the good stuff, but we’ll also show them the bad stuff. Why did this happen? And use it as motivation. So I hope it was just a one-time thing. I feel confident.”

The Bears also will provide an update later this week on cornerback Prince Amukamara, who reinjured his left hamstring during the game.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
No I was serious, one of the many superlatives is that he never gets injured.

Don't think anyone credible said he doesn't ever get injured (though I'd argue there's a difference between injured and hurt).
Pretty sure it was said he has never missed a game though. Still hasn't as of yesterday.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every baby back bitch came out of the woodworks after Sunday. Jesus. Find your dicks and re-attach them to your balls. If you have any.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
U rite

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nowadays?

His urge to be right trumps his urge to root for the Bears. Hence why he wants to see Mack get injured. While acquiring Mack he was throwing a pussy fit about trading for a guy that could get injured. Because no free agent, draft pick or trade acquisition could ever be injured. Only Khalil Mack.

Liked Posts:

Assuming the Bears lose against NE, which I hope the Bears don't but if I had to bet hard earned money Id have to bet on NE, but still assuming the worst, the Bears are 4-3 after this week. If at this time at any point before the Mack trade, had anyone tried to tell me the Bears would be 4-3 after their first 7 games, with this schedule, I would have told them to pound salt.

As tough of a game as the regulars had, at the end the defense & even the offense put themselves in a position to win. I expect let cool spells/tough games from time to time with the every down guys. Law of average says kids like Cohen, Howard, Trubisky are bound to make a mistake with turnovers & the defense will hit a cold spell. I get that.

What I dont have patience for is a kicker paid 7 figures missing in OT with a chance to win & pick up his every down guys after a tough game, where they still gave themselves a more than reasonable chance. The Bears kicker is paid outstandingly mostly to make that kick, right there. I don't want hear snap was a bit low, or the kicker say "Im only human" the following day. Everyone I've ever laid eyes on is only human, but the vast majority of them aren't 7 figures to kick a ball, & miss game winners in OT. I expected some let down from the regs at some point. The kicker needs to bail them out once in a while after a tough game like in Miami, so far I believe they've earned that much.

There's two things in football I have zero patience for, one being habitual fumblers, & two kickers that miss, especially in the clutch.

Other than that, Im in full with this squad, & I don't think we've seen the half of the good this team has to offer yet THIS season & even beyond. I haven't been this optimistic since heading into the 2005 playoffs, not only for this teams chances to contend, but to do so long term. Im all in & who knows, maybe the Bears can pull off a shocker vs NE. It isn't likely, but stranger things have happened.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah well I don't want to hear about it either when you expect a kicker to make a career long field goal off a bad snap. Kickers, no matter how much they are paid...are at the mercy of their long snapper and holder. If you can't understand that then you're just being a meatball. Point blank. I don't know if you've noticed across the league that kickers aren't having the best time right now. Even long time highly paid veterans that rarely miss.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah well I don't want to hear about it either when you expect a kicker to make a career long field goal off a bad snap. Kickers, no matter how much they are paid...are at the mercy of their long snapper and holder. If you can't understand that then you're just being a meatball. Point blank. I don't know if you've noticed across the league that kickers aren't having the best time right now. Even long time highly paid veterans that rarely miss.

Well, I think you make an excellent point and if CCS' resident longsnapping expert, @grimson wasn't banned from bears board, I'm sure he'd even agree with you!!!

Naf

Liked Posts:

Pat McAfee and Adam Vinatieri agree with this.

Liked Posts:

It wasn't a perfect snap, but it wasn't a terrible a snap either though. Ive seen a lot of kickers hit off much worse. A little critique never killed anyone. Besides that I've been watching you & your assessments end up out in left field with this franchise, players, coaches & performances for the past 5 seasons. Who in the fuck are you to call anyone a meatball?

You used to be a good poster, somewhere along the line you turned into a blowhard putz whos never really accurate about much of anything, but sure do call people a lot of names. Go fuck yourself.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It wasn't a perfect snap, but it wasn't a terrible a snap either though. Ive seen a lot of kickers hit off much worse. A little critique never killed anyone. Besides that I've been watching you & your assessments end up out in left field with this franchise, players, coaches & performances for the past 5 seasons. Who in the fuck are you to call anyone a meatball?

You used to be a good poster, somewhere along the line you turned into a blowhard putz whos never really accurate about much of anything, but sure do call people a lot of names. Go fuck yourself.

LOL you too can go fuck yourself if you don't like it. Sounds like you have an irrational disdain for kickers. Good luck with that.