I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What progress? What know what this team is. It's Porter, LaVine and Lauri. I know what they can do. The others, I don't really care because they aren't long-term fits. Carter is hurt.

Lose and stay out of that fourth-worst record because with their luck they will drop in the lottery. But that's just me.

The difference between the bottom 3 and 4th is 1.5%. Its negligible. Meanwhile, the guys on the current roster are playing a hell of a lot better since the Otto trade. They just beat an Orlando team that had won 5 in a row and is competing for a playoff spot on the road, then on the 2nd part of a back to back, beat a Celtics team that many think can go to the finals out of the east. Have the bulls even won 2 in a row all year before this?! So yeah, I’d say they are making strides. Lauri and Zach looked like the best two players on the court tonight against a Celtics team loaded with talent.

And they actually look like they are having fun and have confidence for a change

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was at tonight's game. Boston mostly just looked lazy and lackadaisical.

But Bulls took advantage.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I'm okay with a win if core guys like Lavine and Lauri play like that.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Even though this season has been a dumpster fire, it’s nice to see some player development. Lauri becoming a beast. Team chemistry improving.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The difference between the bottom 3 and 4th is 1.5%. Its negligible. Meanwhile, the guys on the current roster are playing a hell of a lot better since the Otto trade. They just beat an Orlando team that had won 5 in a row and is competing for a playoff spot on the road, then on the 2nd part of a back to back, beat a Celtics team that many think can go to the finals out of the east. Have the bulls even won 2 in a row all year before this?! So yeah, I’d say they are making strides. Lauri and Zach looked like the best two players on the court tonight against a Celtics team loaded with talent.

And they actually look like they are having fun and have confidence for a change

I understand that. I'd rather have them finish No. 3 then No. 4 even if that percentage is 1.5. This is an important draft for them in a 3-player draft. It's Zion, Barrett and Morant. Have to end up with one of them.

I love that players like LaVine and Markkanen are improving. That's great. I want to see that. They can improve while the team loses and there's nothing wrong with that.

All I'm saying is this team needs to be bad this year while the younger players develop. It's possible both can happen. Are they more fun to watch? Sure, not denying that. Just don't want to take any chances with not getting 1 of those 3 players and instead being stuck with Reddish.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was at tonight's game. Boston mostly just looked lazy and lackadaisical.

But Bulls took advantage.

Boston is a weird team..

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I understand that. I'd rather have them finish No. 3 then No. 4 even if that percentage is 1.5. This is an important draft for them in a 3-player draft. It's Zion, Barrett and Morant. Have to end up with one of them.

I love that players like LaVine and Markkanen are improving. That's great. I want to see that. They can improve while the team loses and there's nothing wrong with that.

All I'm saying is this team needs to be bad this year while the younger players develop. It's possible both can happen. Are they more fun to watch? Sure, not denying that. Just don't want to take any chances with not getting 1 of those 3 players and instead being stuck with Reddish.

In a perfect world they could lose while the core young guys improve. However, don’t discount how losing can effect a young player. I personally believe that winning and losing can be contagious, and I’d rather they catch the winners bug instead. I agree it would be nice to land a top 3 pick, I just don’t think the 1.5% is worth having the guys we currently have get beat up mentally from all the losing. I think Morant is the pick the bulls roster needs the most, since we obviously have no point guard on our roster worth a damn.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In a perfect world they could lose while the core young guys improve. However, don’t discount how losing can effect a young player. I personally believe that winning and losing can be contagious, and I’d rather they catch the winners bug instead. I agree it would be nice to land a top 3 pick, I just don’t think the 1.5% is worth having the guys we currently have get beat up mentally from all the losing. I think Morant is the pick the bulls roster needs the most, since we obviously have no point guard on our roster worth a damn.

I think we want the same end goal but different paths lol. I'm fine with them showing a ton of improvement, especially LaVine/Lauri and Carter when he's healthy. I just really want one of those Big 3 players lol.

I also think grabbing someone like Cam Johnson in the second round could be a steal. Kid can flat out shoot the basketball.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think we want the same end goal but different paths lol. I'm fine with them showing a ton of improvement, especially LaVine/Lauri and Carter when he's healthy. I just really want one of those Big 3 players lol.

I also think grabbing someone like Cam Johnson in the second round could be a steal. Kid can flat out shoot the basketball.

We absolutely want the same thing. I just can’t get too worried about the 4 spot when there’s no guarantee of anything being in the bottom 3 either. Morant would be the perfect fit in my opinion. I don’t know much about cam Johnson, I’ll have to look into him. Thanks for the name drop

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We absolutely want the same thing. I just can’t get too worried about the 4 spot when there’s no guarantee of anything being in the bottom 3 either. Morant would be the perfect fit in my opinion. I don’t know much about cam Johnson, I’ll have to look into him. Thanks for the name drop

He's been red hot this season. Second-best three-point percentage in the ACC (47%) and shooting (52% overall). He might be a late first round pick though.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He's been red hot this season. Second-best three-point percentage in the ACC (47%) and shooting (52% overall). He might be a late first round pick though.

Certainly can’t hurt to have more shooting. I just think the bulls biggest need is PG, cam is a SF. I feel like with Otto starting there, and the possible return of Denzel valentine next year to be a backup SF...it’s not the glaring need it once was heading into next season. It will be an interesting offseason nonetheless for the bulls with how they go about things. Personally, I’d like to see them trade away dunn(probably for next to nothing), sign a vet PG like Rubio, and draft Morant if possible.

A roster of...
PG Morant and Rubio
SG lavine seldon
SF porter valentine Hutchison
PF markannen
C carter felicio

I think that is a playoff caliber roster for sure. They would need to find another backup PF in there still

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Porter and Dunn out tonight...it’ll be even tougher tonight against the leagues best team

And just like that it got easier with no Greek freak for he bucks tonight lol

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Certainly can’t hurt to have more shooting. I just think the bulls biggest need is PG, cam is a SF. I feel like with Otto starting there, and the possible return of Denzel valentine next year to be a backup SF...it’s not the glaring need it once was heading into next season. It will be an interesting offseason nonetheless for the bulls with how they go about things. Personally, I’d like to see them trade away dunn(probably for next to nothing), sign a vet PG like Rubio, and draft Morant if possible.

A roster of...
PG Morant and Rubio
SG lavine seldon
PF markannen
C carter felicio

I think that is a playoff caliber roster for sure. They would need to find another backup PF in there still

I dont know what Valentine is, but I am pretty sure he is not a small forward. Pretty sure Arch will be here in the point guard mix and it will depend what offers Lopez gets in the off season whether or not he returns on a friendly deal, even if they end up buying him out.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

A roster of...
PG Morant and Rubio
SG lavine seldon
PF markannen
C carter felicio

LOL, not it's not. You slotted in a hypothetical rookie PG draftee and have Felicio at C. Overall, that is one of the worst defensive lineups in the NBA, HTW do you look at that personnel and see playoffs?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I dont know what Valentine is, but I am pretty sure he is not a small forward. Pretty sure Arch will be here in the point guard mix and it will depend what offers Lopez gets in the off season whether or not he returns on a friendly deal, even if they end up buying him out.

Denzel is 6’6 and weighs 210. He weighs more than Otto or Hutchison does. He can play the 2 and the 3. Arch can be in the mix sure, but he’d be the #3 pg on the roster I listed. So basically a bench warmer, that’s why I didn’t mention him. Lopez would be a welcome return, as long as he is okay with backing up carter.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Even though I don't think he is the long term answer as coach, I love that Boylen has opened things up and has unleashed Lauri. I know people on this board have differing opinions on what exactly he can be, but I think we can all agree that there aren't many 7 footers that can do what he's been doing.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
LOL, not it's not. You slotted in a hypothetical rookie PG draftee and have Felicio at C. Overall, that is one of the worst defensive lineups in the NBA, HTW do you look at that personnel and see playoffs?

I already said it was a hypothetical lineup. Felicio will be on the team no matter what next year due to his contract. Never said it’s a good defensive team, however, they have been one of the best offensive teams in the league recently. They play in the east. You don’t think they can make the playoffs next year, that’s fine. However, I’m fairly certain you’re just going to disagree with anything I post out of your disdain for me. Get over it

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I already said it was a hypothetical lineup. Felicio will be on the team no matter what next year due to his contract. Never said it’s a good defensive team, however, they have been one of the best offensive teams in the league recently. They play in the east. You don’t think they can make the playoffs next year, that’s fine. However, I’m fairly certain you’re just going to disagree with anything I post out of your disdain for me. Get over it

I have no disdain for you nor anyone on a message board.

In terms of guards, I think we have the worst tandem in the NBA, or perhaps a bottom-3. I've said all along that Dunn is not a starting-caliber NBA point guard. I also think Lavine is best-suited as a 6th man. Don't be fooled with scoring averages for a volume-scorer on a bottom-feeding team.

I really like LM, and am OK with WCJ. Other than that, I see hot garbage on the roster. With the addition of a Morant - if he lives up to his billing - the Bulls in 2020 can compete for an 8-seed, and promptly get swept if they qualify for the playoffs. I would rather tank than go 8-seed + sweep.