2018-19 Season Long Game Thread

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Although I'd seriously take him as a HEAD coach.

I'm waiting for them to shuffle in Hinrich to replace Hoiberg.

Anyway what a proper way to lose tonight. Giving up an easy layup in the clutch due to an unacceptable defensive failure. Why was Jabari in for crunch time defense anyway?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Lavine first Bull in 30 years to score 30 in first two games of season

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lavine is 6'5 on a good day, he won't survive at the 3 lol.

And if we're really being honest with ourselves, Carter is probably better than Lopez already.

So we are convinced to just dump him to a contender at the deadline with him being more rested than being on the starting lineup and getting a higher pick for him?

I guess it just goes back to the front office saying Carter will need to earn his minutes, and thats not a bad thing.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone see the Bulls perform a single defensive concept for any stretch last night?? I mean, we all knew the team would struggle defensively and it is the first game... but there wasn't a single person who attempted to defend somebody last night.

Really like what I saw offensively from LaVine and Portis. If LaVine can create space and be consistent with finding open shots instead of the dreaded 10 second dribble and chuck, I think he's going to be a 22-24 point a night guy (on a bad team, of course). Portis rolled the dice on not working an extension, but if he evolves into a 17-7 floor spacer who can be somewhat competent defensively against the 3-4-5's, the Bulls might not be able to afford him.

I agree, by all appearances they are set to break the wrong kind of records.

Lavine is legit, he has special qualities. Can't play a damn lick of defense. Parker can't play a damn defense. Payne same. Valentine same.

Dunn-Lavine-Parker-Portis-Carter Jr could have some potential for balance I guess, when not getting beat up the floor. Not sure what the fuck they were doing with the second first rounder this year...should have been searching for defense instead of the next Lavine.

They should consider drafting every Wichita St player they can get. Looking for the next Green...anything.

With the way the NBA is playing out, 130 points a game against for months would not surprise me.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Has the season started yet?

I come from the future and I'm trying to figure out if I came into the correct reality or an alternate reality by mistake.

One future reality is where Omer Asik plays this season for the Bulls. That's when he breaks out of his funk and becomes the next Bill Walton and makes the Bulls great again for many years.

The other is where the Bulls waive him, take a huge payroll hit, and wind up swept in the first round to the Sixers.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Game 3​

Chicago (0-2) @ Dallas (1-1)

CHI.svg
@
DAL.svg

Date: Monday, October 22
Tip-off: 7:30 p.m. CST
TV: NBC Sports Chicago
Radio: 670 The Score
Season series: First meeting between the two teams.​

KELY1142p2HDR-J_a0de6311-5056-a348-3a574c325ecc6f17.jpg

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Go Bulls. #TankJob

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Lavine continuing to wreck on the offensive side

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Lavine continuing to wreck on the offensive side

Three games into the season he's at a cumulative -27 in point differential.

Precisely the type of player that belongs on the roster of the Sacramento Kings.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Carter Jr. looks like he should have stayed at Duke for another season. Poor thus far in his first cup of tea.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Three games into the season he's at a cumulative -27 in point differential.

Precisely the type of player that belongs on the roster of the Sacramento Kings.

Everyone knew Lavine was sub par defensively. I think Dunn coming back from his personal leave will help ease that a bit. But as much instant offense Parker and Lavine can provide, they need to stagger the time they share on the floor.

I mean, defensively... this team has been a dumpster fire as predicted. I've liked seeing Lavine look for higher percentage shots. Some can be attributed to growing pains, the other to Hoiberg just not being a very good coach. It feels like he doesn't have the ability to motivate the guys to keep their foot on the gas or to play with sustained intensity. Honestly, I don't know who the answer would be as coach if Hoiberg gets axed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I come from the future and I'm trying to figure out if I came into the correct reality or an alternate reality by mistake.

One future reality is where Omer Asik plays this season for the Bulls. That's when he breaks out of his funk and becomes the next Bill Walton and makes the Bulls great again for many years.

The other is where the Bulls waive him, take a huge payroll hit, and wind up swept in the first round to the Sixers.

we ain't making it to he 1st round man.

My head slapping oh shit moment from stat review of last night is this...

The Bulls shot 56% from 3-point land, non-playoff opponent shot under 35%....and they still lost. This is a very very very bad sign.

I know when Carter gets up to speed he is our Draymond Green, And Markenen will play a stretch 4. Things will look better and Parker can hold his own at the 3. Lavine put up 35 again...but getting 55 from Parker/Lavine, shooting 56% from 3...and still losing...is bad...its very very bad.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Carter Jr. looks like he should have stayed at Duke for another season. Poor thus far in his first cup of tea.

yes, and he is starting, which makes him think he is ready. Lopez needs to be starting and let carter come off the bench, just like Parker should be starting while Laurie is out, or they need to bring Laurie back as a 6'11 3.

This team is going nowhere while Hoiberg is here. Cant get vets to follow him, cant get kids to follow him, he just does not have what it takes. To watch Dunn dribble up court around 4 guys and launch a 20 footer with no passes is unacceptable.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls will have a top 10 draft pick again.