One benefit of Nagy I believe will transpire

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless the wheels completely come off in Trestman-like fashion, I believe the Bears will be a much more attractive free-agent destination after this year. I remember hearing that AJ Bouye turned down an offer from the Bears to sign with Jacksonville. Even listening to long-time Packer Greg Jennings discuss the Bears offense and play-calling, he was fairly complimentary throughout the game, even when a loss was imminent. That's the kind of perception I believe the rest of the league is slowly adopting.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
This is a good point. If you are on defense, you probably want to play for Fangio already, and if you are on offense (and if the offense keeps chugging along), then you would want to play for Nagy.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Robinson said he came here because of Nagy.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't really think the Bears are going to be making any splash signings in the next few years. FA will mainly be for bolstering our roster and trying to find some depth, which I suppose having a good team will help attract better back ups.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Don't really think the Bears are going to be making any splash signings in the next few years. FA will mainly be for bolstering our roster and trying to find some depth, which I suppose having a good team will help attract better back ups.

Exactly

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Do we have the money for a notable signing? I mean we could let Amos walk which I think we should do anyways but how much money would we have left after that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Winning is important, so if Nagy does have the wheels fall off, in Trestman like fashion, then those same Free agents will not be looking at us as a place to play.

No One wants to play for a loser. So we will need to at least compete for the Division before we can even think about FA, choosing the Bears over the Packers or any other team that wins on a consistent basis.

Last year, we had a shiny new coach, and a bunch of money to spend, so I tend to believe those two factors helped us last year, but in the coming years it is going to be about winning.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that already happened this year and no reason for it to change now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He already attracted 2 big name offensive free agents and another legit player in Gabriel.

Guys want to play for good teams.

Where I hope we see having a legit impact is in those good players that do not have the market they want signing 1 year deals with the Bears. We see this every year with good teams like NE, LAR GB.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
With their current cap situation, they might benefit from guys willing to take a little less if they feel like the Bears will continue to trend upward. I just don't see them going after any prime FAs, considering they'll have to navigate around Trubisky's situation and also Jordan Howard (if he's around going into 2019). Not to mention guys still not locked up on defense.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
He already attracted 2 big name offensive free agents and another legit player in Gabriel.

Guys want to play for good teams.

Where I hope we see having a legit impact is in those good players that do not have the market they want signing 1 year deals with the Bears. We see this every year with good teams like NE, LAR GB.
Gabriel has been a pleasant surprise. I think his role will only grow and flourish. I think Burton is being under utilized currently. Still can't wait to see Shaheen out there.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I'm sure players are just going to line up to play for the .500 Bears.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

I'd say it has more to do with some established veterans who aren't blockbuster type guys. If we need to fill some holes, Nagy and Fangio + a young up and coming team could definitely be a tiebreaker when the money is about even between us and a team like Oakland (for example).