2018-2019 Around the NBA Thread

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If Wendell keeps up his 2 blocks per game, he’ll be the only teenager to average at least 2 a game for a season. Pretty impressive stuff.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I wish we traded up for Luka "Brasi" Doncic.

Hes legit.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Joakim Noah signs 1-year deal with Grizzlies.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Spencer Dinwiddie got paid after going off for 39 off the bench. Glad he got his money. Just another example of how inept this team is. We kept piece of shit Isiah Cannon when anyone with half a brain knew Dinwiddie was clearly superior.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
So a agreed upon trade fell apart over confusion of which Brooks they were trading/getting. Suns thought they were getting Dillon Brooks but Memphis thought they were trading MarShon Brooks. I swear this world is too much.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So a agreed upon trade fell apart over confusion of which Brooks they were trading/getting. Suns thought they were getting Dillon Brooks but Memphis thought they were trading MarShon Brooks. I swear this world is too much.
lol then they end up just saying screw Memphis and do the trade anyway

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Warriors are in some trouble. Klay has been struggling, and defenses just don't worry about Draymond anymore.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Warriors are in some trouble. Klay has been struggling, and defenses just don't worry about Draymond anymore.
The Lakers exposed many of the Warriors' current weaknesses: Klay's tendency to disappear in "big moments", lack of interior defense (who the heck is Zubac and why is he dropping 20/10 on the Warriors?), Draymond's inability to shoot, and list goes on.

That said, the Warriors can easily solve most of those things and it was a night where their shooting was abnormally off. Their defense was also either abnormally poor or the Lakers were shooting abnormally well. Cousins also is a big variable. Warriors have already shown themselves to be far from infallible so if a team can exploit them just enough times, they could very well fall in the playoffs. I wouldn't count on it, but it is possible.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Lakers exposed many of the Warriors' current weaknesses: Klay's tendency to disappear in "big moments", lack of interior defense (who the heck is Zubac and why is he dropping 20/10 on the Warriors?), Draymond's inability to shoot, and list goes on.

That said, the Warriors can easily solve most of those things and it was a night where their shooting was abnormally off. Their defense was also either abnormally poor or the Lakers were shooting abnormally well. Cousins also is a big variable. Warriors have already shown themselves to be far from infallible so if a team can exploit them just enough times, they could very well fall in the playoffs. I wouldn't count on it, but it is possible.
Cousins is going to stop the Zubac's of the world.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So if Davis gets traded to the Lake show, is he another player that never seriously considered the Bulls?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Early all-star returns has Derrick Rose at #2 among guards in the West.

3rd most votes in the west overall. Crazy.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Early all-star returns has Derrick Rose at #2 among guards in the West.

3rd most votes in the west overall. Crazy.
Homeboy is balling this season. So happy for him

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I just can’t understand why certain people and ESPN keep trying to push Harden as arguably the greatest offensive player ever. He’s clearly not even the best offensive player of this era.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I just can’t understand why certain people and ESPN keep trying to push Harden as arguably the greatest offensive player ever. He’s clearly not even the best offensive player of this era.

I stopped paying attention to ESPN a long time ago.

If this is true, and they think Harden is the best offensive player in the league, then LOL.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A few days old news at this point, but Cousins is coming back on the 18th supposedly. We'll finally get to see the splash cousin in action and see if that blows up in their face or not.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A few days old news at this point, but Cousins is coming back on the 18th supposedly. We'll finally get to see the splash cousin in action and see if that blows up in their face or not.

It'll help them defensively more than offensively, imo.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Only way it hurts them is if he tries to do his dribble around game, but I highly doubt they will let that happen. When he was with the Pels, he had this great ability to go one on one at the end of games and try to have handles like Kyrie. He would then bounce the ball off his foot or knee 80% of the time.