Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like some other posters, I was actually more impressed with his performance in the second half against Miami than the big Bucs game, though he did well to hit the open targets downfield in that game too.

I'm getting much more encouraged by his development under Nagy in this offense that seems to suit him. Obviously he still has some issues with head scratching overthrows particularly early in games, but he's showing much more poise than before and I think he can build on this confidence and make it work.

I retract some of the harsher statements I've made about him because he obviously does have the potential to be the QB we've long been waiting for.

I also reserve the right to continue to be a drunken twat in IGTs when he fucks up.

Thanks

It's a demeanor thing besides the better play. Still does drops some stinkies but it's getting better and it looks more like he's assumed leadership as opposed to manufacturing it. I'm sure you hope that the growth continues about as much as the rest of us. I do think the Tb game gave him a shot of confidence he will not lose from here on out. Who would have thought we could lose to Osweiler if our QB played well?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Like some other posters, I was actually more impressed with his performance in the second half against Miami than the big Bucs game, though he did well to hit the open targets downfield in that game too.

I'm getting much more encouraged by his development under Nagy in this offense that seems to suit him. Obviously he still has some issues with head scratching overthrows particularly early in games, but he's showing much more poise than before and I think he can build on this confidence and make it work.

I retract some of the harsher statements I've made about him because he obviously does have the potential to be the QB we've long been waiting for.

I also reserve the right to continue to be a drunken twat in IGTs when he fucks up.

Thanks
This is the only topic that evaded your objective reasoning, I see it has evaded you no longer. Good stuff Mick. Captain Objectivity, you are.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
The big throw he missed against Miller in the 1st, Dan Orlalavsky said he watched the play and thinks Miller cut the route short making it look like an over throw.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dan Orlovsky was on ESPN 1000 and he was saying that the deep shots to Gabriel were awesome, but the best throws Mitch made were his throws to Allen Robinson.

-On the TD throw, he has a zone defense with a box setting up around Robinson on the goal line, which you can do in the redzone because the safeties do not have to get deep. That throw needs to be out before Robinson settles down and with 0 hesitation as the box collapses in around Robinson. Trubisky knows he is throwing it pre snap as he recognizes zone and he sticks it in with 0 hesitation.

-On the 22 yard back shoulder on the sideline the CB drops and a flat defender comes underneath the route and Orlovsky said most NFL QBs won't even throw the route because technically it is covered with Robinson running a fly route into the CB at the goal line. He said what made it so impressive was that Mitch reads the coverage and goes back shoulder leading Robinson away from the over top defender, but what he said was the most encouraging thing was that Robinson saw the same thing and immediately adjusted in the exact same way.

It really appears that Robinson and Mitch are getting into a groove as the TB TD, Mia TD, and Mia backshoulder were all really nice reads, throws, routes and adjustments by both of them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Thanks

This is a fair and reasoned response to some of the harsher critics of Trubisky, all without having to drink the kool aid 2 games into what I hope is a good run for him.

Well done.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:

Thanks

I always knew you were just an angry drunk. Thanks for confirming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's hope Mitch is the former!

I can't recall how young Marino & Elway looked early on...that's were I started watching....early 80's
Elway had times where he was downright horrible early on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
As long as you are a drunken twat to every other QB that makes mistakes who havent won the big one.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Elway had times where he was downright horrible early on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bad enough that Kubiak had to replace him a few times...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Mick, I'm starting to think you care too much about football.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Good stuff Mick. Though I kind of like you playing devil's advocate sometimes. Lots of hive mind mentality on the internet, so it's nice to have discussions about the other side of the coin. obviously, sometimes things can get a bit out of hand on both sides, but I still think you reserve the right to be critical or think differently than other people.

On Trubisky, I do think the last 2 games were very promising. Still need to see him put together a string of consistent games. Or if he trips and has a bad game, for him to come back and have a great game to show that the bad game is more of an outlier than good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.