Trubisky has legit ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Like some other posters, I was actually more impressed with his performance in the second half against Miami than the big Bucs game, though he did well to hit the open targets downfield in that game too.

I'm getting much more encouraged by his development under Nagy in this offense that seems to suit him. Obviously he still has some issues with head scratching overthrows particularly early in games, but he's showing much more poise than before and I think he can build on this confidence and make it work.

I retract some of the harsher statements I've made about him because he obviously does have the potential to be the QB we've long been waiting for.

I also reserve the right to continue to be a drunken twat in IGTs when he fucks up.

Thanks

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
you didn't need to do this.....I think you have already said some of this stuff already in other posts

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
Like some other posters, I was actually more impressed with his performance in the second half against Miami than the big Bucs game, though he did well to hit the open targets downfield in that game too.

I'm getting much more encouraged by his development under Nagy in this offense that seems to suit him. Obviously he still has some issues with head scratching overthrows particularly early in games, but he's showing much more poise than before and I think he can build on this confidence and make it work.

I retract some of the harsher statements I've made about him because he obviously does have the potential to be the QB we've long been waiting for.

I also reserve the right to continue to be a drunken twat in IGTs when he fucks up.

Thanks

Good on you for making this post, Mick. Now if only everyone else can be the bigger person around here too, lol.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you didn't need to do this.....I think you have already said some of this stuff already in other posts
I have, but now there's something easy to reference next time someone decides to go off on an emotional rant about it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
ehh, I would have shunned him and let him live with the packers fans.
They're probably more humorous and less emotional about random people's sports opinions than you.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he has potential and I'm still with him, but those accuracy issues...

I stand by my posts during the last game. I've never seen a long term starter miss as bad as he does. When he misses, it's not by 2 or 3 feet like I see from a lot of QBs, it's like 2 or 3 YARDS!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I stand by my posts during the last game. I've never seen a long term starter miss as bad as he does. When he misses, it's not by 2 or 3 feet like I see from a lot of QBs, it's like 2 or 3 YARDS!

Accuracy issues and pocket awareness are my biggest complaints, but it seems like we have evidence those are fixable.

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:
Good post Mick. I have been annoyed by your constant hate on Trubs but glad to see you are coming around.

I think one of the more underrated parts of his game has been his mobility. Some of his runs have actually shown that he has the ability to break lose for longer runs than the average scrambling, "extending plays" QB like Rodgers.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

early in their careers, I have...lots of young QBs sail passes....the good ones settle down and get accurate.....the bad ones don't

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd say the guy nut ridding is the beta, sounds more like a you thing.

You should make a poll to assess your perception vs. a larger sample size.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mick, how did you get so popular?

As far as the topic is concerned, I agree. Trubisky does have legit ability and willling to take a few step foward in saying he mingt be "the one" we've been waiting on. Im absolutely proud of the way he has been progressing and my expectations will have to raise as his play has ascended

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good post Mick. I have been annoyed by your constant hate on Trubs but glad to see you are coming around.

I think one of the more underrated parts of his game has been his mobility. Some of his runs have actually shown that he has the ability to break lose for longer runs than the average scrambling, "extending plays" QB like Rodgers.
I call it as I see it, so when they play bad, that's how I post. I'm always delighted to see improvement.

Agree about his athleticism; it's one of his real assets.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
early in their careers, I have...lots of young QBs sail passes....the good ones settle down and get accurate.....the bad ones don't

Let's hope Mitch is the former!

I can't recall how young Marino & Elway looked early on...that's were I started watching....early 80's

Status
Not open for further replies.