Trubisky has legit ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Never. I acknowledge that his play has looked on a different level this past couple of games, and when I was (and will continue to be) honest when he sucks, he deserves credit for playing well.

I know. Just fucking with you.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Imagine changing NFL teams.

People break my balls for never having lived in Illinois, and being born in Akron where my entire family is made up of Browns fans. And yeah, I'm an Indians/Cavaliers fan(Blackhawks fan because no NHL team in Cleveland).

But the first time I watched Walter Payton play the game of football, I was hooked. And even though I pull for the Browns, I'd never drop my allegiance to the Chicago Bears, even if the Browns became the next New England Patriots. :D I bleed navy blue and orange!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And I knew you'd go there. You seem quite self important. 1st it's show me where I said or I didn't say and now this. You're behaving like Trump looking for angles instead of addressing the issue which is that you're full of shit. I went to the game thread and no more because it was only 3 days ago and was actually surprised at how definitive it was. I care about not being bullshitted and don't care about posters here other than consider most internet friends. WTF would you know about grown men you hornswoggled, 3rd party voting, soothsayer wannabe.
:trollbisky:
As most of the "critics" have said, rational people have criticized Trubisky when bad and applauded him when good. Some of you still seem to struggle with this.

No matter, I have no need or desire to continue defending myself from your unhinged accusations. Have a good night.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Next for what? I have never claimed Trubs was a bust or didnt have potential. Just said he sucked in games I thought he sucked.

That is a distinction that I thought Josey did a nice job outlining.

There were many however that went a beyond your and Joseys more favor critiques.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mick, I just want to say ... I was kind of hard on you in Biff's thread, and then I saw this. I've always liked your posts and you're obviously one of the smarter posters here. But you WERE hard on Mitch, and I felt the need to say something ... let's leave it at that.

Mitch does have talent and I'm glad you made this thread. I'd like to add some things I see Mitch doing that we haven't seen from a Bears QB in a while:

1 - "The look off". Mitch has been doing a great job looking off the S's in the last few games. He zones in on a WR's sometimes still, but he's really improved at reading the field and looking off the S's.

2 - "The pump fake". I supported Jay, but the MF'er couldn't pump fake if his life depended on it. Watch Mitch next game. With legit 4.2 speed on the outside, Mitch has been using the pump fake beautifully on down and outs.

3 - "The Cadence". Mitch has done a great job with his cadence! He's drawn multiple encroachment/off sides from the opposing defenses this year.

4 - "Avoiding big hits". Mostly when he's running the ball ... he's very aware of the defenders around him, and never takes too big of a hit.

These are small things that I think all great QB's do. I said really early that the Bears were implementing an offense that was so good Bears fans (average fans) won't understand it. I hold to that prediction.

I think when Mitch and Nagy stack some games, the QB play will keep drastically improving. Couple that with these small things I see Mitch doing well already, and we'll have a team we should be proud of.

I agree here completely. Mitch has a strong work ethic, and has really even grown the small aspects of his game, that will serve him well, over the course of his career.

He already has the best hard count, I’ve seen from a Bears’ QB. He even does all the little things, like REALLY selling the fake handoffs and miss directions. I’ve yet to see him mail it in, when it comes to executing on the small details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I said earlier this season we would need patience and this was going to take time.

It is nice that we have not had to wait too long to get a glimpse of what this may be

It won’t be consistent, but we know that offensively we can swing with people. Given more time of it gets more consistent, look the fuck out.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don’t call him mako Mitch for nothing

True dat.

JoyousDistinctIndianglassfish-size_restricted.gif

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The thing that caught my attention is how they went into halftime flat. Trubs said he talked to his guys about turning it up during halftime, and then they proceeded to come out and basically flipped a switch and turned up the offense at will. Hopefully that was the realization point that we needed from them.

Nice. If true, it shows that he is a leader that his team mates believe in. I also like that he is not a quitter.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I don't start threads and already gave my objective take. When he is shit I say he is shit. When he is good I say he is good.
Well I was considering giving you the nickname of "lieutenant objectivity" but since you're not willing to start a thread (for some unknown reason) giving an objective take on Trubisky you can't have it.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think many people retroactively remember the doubters as "turning on Mitch" when the larger consensus was he was not playing well and there was no sign of improvement forthcoming.

This is where the disagreement is. He has consistently been showing improvement. From his 5th start on. While not by leaps and bounds, improvement nonetheless.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People break my balls for never having lived in Illinois, and being born in Akron where my entire family is made up of Browns fans. And yeah, I'm an Indians/Cavaliers fan(Blackhawks fan because no NHL team in Cleveland).

But the first time I watched Walter Payton play the game of football, I was hooked. And even though I pull for the Browns, I'd never drop my allegiance to the Chicago Bears, even if the Browns became the next New England Patriots. :D I bleed navy blue and orange!

Choosing not to be a Browns fan is a life changing event, for the better

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is where the disagreement is. He has consistently been showing improvement. From his 5th start on. While not by leaps and bounds, improvement nonetheless.

Have to disagree with this. In the first three games this year he looked like he had regressed in terms of basic fundamentals and the simple ability to throw a professional pass downfield. I think some of you who are focused on optimism have shut it out of your mind how awful his downfield accuracy and field awareness was. Some of his plays in the Arizona game were alarming. Thankfully he's picked it up a lot the last couple of games.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Have to disagree with this. In the first three games this year he looked like he had regressed in terms of basic fundamentals and the simple ability to throw a professional pass downfield. I think some of you who are focused on optimism have shut it out of your mind how awful his downfield accuracy and field awareness was. Some of his plays in the Arizona game were alarming. Thankfully he's picked it up a lot the last couple of games.

You realize he was learning a brand new, complex offense right? In his presser he talked about all the little things he had to think about pre-snap. I’m sure that, combined with pressure can mess with your accuracy and decision making. That’s why he got sacked in Arizona when he should have checked down to Cohen.

Now that all the reads are slowing down for him and becoming second nature, voila, all of a sudden he looks much better. He was also not as polished as Watson coming out of college. He was very raw so didnt have the same composure and look as under control as him. You’re starting to see that now though.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:

Yeah I agree with this. He looked way worse than he ever did year 1 in the 1st three weeks year 2.

He was also learning a new offense, with entirely new weapons. The last two weeks he seems to have settled - I hope it lasts. If it does, we're in for a treat.

There's no reason right now for blind optimism though. We don't know shit.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah I agree with this. He looked way worse than he ever did year 1 in the 1st three weeks year 2.

He was also learning a new offense, with entirely new weapons. The last two weeks he seems to have settled - I hope it lasts. If it does, we're in for a treat.

There's no reason right now for blind optimism though. We don't know shit.

Well yea....last year he was asked to read half a field and throw to his first option. Obviously its going to take time to learn how to actually play quarterback.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What I saw early in the season, were throws that were good decisions, but where he was late getting the ball out, and it was fucking up his timing with the receivers. But, his decision making at the start of this season, was better than last season.

TBH, I was not expecting his monster game against the Bucs. Looking at his history, I expected his big step forward, was going to come after the bye...when he had an extra week to self scout, study the playbook, and the defenses he faced. The reason why, is because that was what he showed, his rookie season...specifically a big step forward, after the bye. So I was looking at his past, to try and get a gauge on how he may trend this year.

However, I believe that Mitch was better at the line, diagnosing blitz packages, and pressures against Miami, than he was against Tampa. So it looks like he put the extra week off to good use.

Back to his misses early in the season, I was saying as much, in posts following those games. I was not concerned that he was regressing. It appeared to me that he was thinking too much. But him being fresh in the playbook, I expected it. As he became more and more fluid in the playbook, I expected that his late/off timed throws would decrease more and more...that his anticipation, and ability to read, and react would begin to take over, more and more.

I don’t think that he’s already developed an full on “Unconsciously Competent” mastery of the playbook yet. I believe by and large, he is still in the “Consciously Competent” phase. But he is making the right reads quicker, and getting the ball out faster, than he was earlier in the season. He still has a ways to go, but I feel good that he’ll be there, before long.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
All this during just a portion of one thread during the Miami game:

This is what I meant about cake and eat it to. These are not just observations, some are defining statements. Regardless, I'm satisfied we don't need to deal with this 'objective' duplicity in the future. The I'm not saying, I'm just saying stuff was getting old.
The game threads are the last places I'd look for objectivity or rational thought.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As most of the "critics" have said, rational people have criticized Trubisky when bad and applauded him when good. Some of you still seem to struggle with this.

No matter, I have no need or desire to continue defending myself from your unhinged accusations. Have a good night.

LOL. You may notice that I've never said he's arrived. Just that it's too soon to know and it still is though it's looking better. In fact, I don't think we will 'know' what he is until 2020 but I hope for competent play with some hiccups for the remainder of this year. May or may not happen but it's looking up.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The game threads are the last places I'd look for objectivity or rational thought.

True but here there's gloating about a lack of success. After this thread, I will give Mick a pass but I'm not a fan of revisionism. That said, I applaud him for starting this thread but all he had too say was too negative, too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.