Hot Takes: Trubisky Presser Edition

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some excepts from today's presser by Mitchell Trubisky courtesy of those fine folks at the Chicago Tribune:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-mitch-trubisky-report-20181017-story.html

On his sudden success with the offense....

“The offensive line has played two of their best games back-to-back and have given me a lot of time back there. We’re getting more and more detailed with our route running and timing. And (I’m) just trusting my eyes and my feet, being comfortable with my drops and getting a lot of reps of downfield throws and timing to be able to get on the same page with everybody."

On the New England Defense.....

“Their scheme fits really well to keeping the quarterback in the pocket while just being disruptive and confusing at the same time. I just have to play my game, trust our offense and not try to do too much. If I play within myself and play within this offense, I think I’ll be just fine. And when things start to break down, I’ll just continue to use my natural ability and try to create plays on the run. But it’s definitely not trying to do too much, not trying to force things, not trying to scramble when I don’t need to. Just subtle movements in the pocket and always be a passer.”

On his two favorite words in the English language....

“I love those words: killer instincts. Great teams, great players, they develop that, and it’s not something that has to be said. So we need that energy. We need that vibe when it comes down to (it that) you need a crucial player or a clutch play in the second half, fourth quarter. We’ve got to have that mindset that we’ve got to close out games and go up by more than two scores to really shut out the opponent and just take away all their confidence. That’s something that we’ve got to grow into."

I think his pressers are definitely reaching that Top Halve of the League level and hope his football skills follows in suit.

Progress???

Washington

Liked Posts:
“I love those words: killer instincts. Great teams, great players, they develop that, and it’s not something that has to be said. So we need that energy. We need that vibe when it comes down to (it that) you need a crucial player or a clutch play in the second half, fourth quarter.

Can someone please pass this on to Fangio.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think that whole killer instincts excerpt was Mitchell's under the radar shot at the coach that told him to take a knee to close the fourth quarter.

At least I hope it is because it would make me like him a lot more.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I really think that whole killer instincts excerpt was Mitchell's under the radar shot at the coach that told him to take a knee to close the fourth quarter.

Doesn’t sound like it. We all know dear sweet Mitchell is a bore and probably not intelligent enough to make such a comment.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Didn't Nagy talk about being aggressive all offseason? I want to see us going for it on 4th and some fake punts!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I remember before the run on 3rd and 4 when Mitch was talking to Nagy about the play, before he jogged back on the field you could tell he wasn’t happy. He wanted a chance to convert.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn’t sound like it. We all know dear sweet Mitchell is a bore and probably not intelligent enough to make such a comment.
You should have more faith in the kid...he might be pretty good.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blistering hot!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

Already have a mick callout thread going on. Keep this shit in there, please and thank you.

Jamais Vu, good read. I like Mitch's pressers a lot more than Nagy's. Go Bears!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Already have a mick callout thread going on. Keep this shit in there, please and thank you.

Jamais Vu, good read. I like Mitch's pressers a lot more than Nagy's. Go Bears!

louis-tomlinson-one-direction-fake-crying-funny-lol.gif

Visionman

Liked Posts:

It was Mako Mitch's shot at those who say he doesn't have the warrior spirit...