Fangio better change his plan

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I don't think you're understanding what is meant by off coverage. You can play man or zone in varying ways. Against the Phins Fangio elected to play everyone in off coverage. It was likely him giving too much respect to their speed on offense. The problem with that was that it forced the defense to far too often have to make one on one open field tackles on guys moving with a full head of steam at that point. Of course the heat came into play but for fucks sake it was 19 missed tackles and 15 in the 2nd half.

Do you think Fangio should have moved away from off coverage after Albert Wilson and various others smoked us in the open field?

Don't worry, it's not a loaded question.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I don't think you're understanding what is meant by off coverage. You can play man or zone in varying ways. Against the Phins Fangio elected to play everyone in off coverage. .

This is about the dumbest "football analysis" I've heard since Les Grobstein tried to explain "three technique" on WSCR. I keep re-reading it, trying to see what I am missing. It just doesn't add up. Perhaps you can explain to me what you are trying to say.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
I don't think you're understanding what is meant by off coverage. You can play man or zone in varying ways. Against the Phins Fangio elected to play everyone in off coverage. It was likely him giving too much respect to their speed on offense. The problem with that was that it forced the defense to far too often have to make one on one open field tackles on guys moving with a full head of steam at that point. Of course the heat came into play but for fucks sake it was 19 missed tackles and 15 in the 2nd half.

Hey xero, can you explain what you mean? Not trying to be confrontational or anything, just genuinely curious and would like to learn. Is off coverage not playing further back as a DB and not being closer to the line of scrimmage? Or is that not it at all?

I thought that Fuller always played further back from LoS because he's much better when reacting to things in front of him rather than asking him to turn, run and track the ball in the air, so I thought that he played more off coverage. Is that wrong?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If Vic runs our normal Defense the Bears will be in trouble. Playing off the WRs and giving major cushion is the norm. Brady will eat that up all day long. Brady is obviously the best in the game at ready Defenses. But Vic is going to have to start mixing up coverages and blitzes in this game. To have a shot of winning the game. I’m shocked how he didn’t try and send more guys last week. The front 4 was not getting there. But that’s what he does sits back.

I think we put points on the board. It’s Vic’s game plan that worries me. It seems like he rarely makes adjustments to me. He is going to have to go after Brady in the pocket there is know doubt about it. Mack will be on a bun ankle. So I’m curious to see how Vic generates pressure if the front four don’t get there. Let’s see how Vic does this week.

his game plan is what is widely successful for his team though? His teams are well known for not being able to run on... He gives up yards through the air, thats what he does. IMO his scheme is what is showing us we need better secondary. It aint perfect but we are top 5 in yds allowed. Miami torched us late. it sucks. But his overall "normal defense plan' is why he is here and what makes us good.

Here is a old article that shows how Fangio among other coaches doesnt just run a"3-4" His Niners actually lined up in a much more hybrid scheme throughout his Niner days...

https://beargoggleson.com/2015/01/21/vic-fangios-defensive-scheme/

At this stage, I don't think you can coach missed tackles any more than he already does. It'd be nice to see his defenses more disciplined. But thats gonna have to be on them IMO.

Washington

Liked Posts:
his game plan is what is widely successful for his team though? His teams are well known for not being able to run on... He gives up yards through the air, thats what he does. IMO his scheme is what is showing us we need better secondary. It aint perfect but we are top 5 in yds allowed. Miami torched us late. it sucks. But his overall "normal defense plan' is why he is here and what makes us good.

Here is a old article that shows how Fangio among other coaches doesnt just run a"3-4" His Niners actually lined up in a much more hybrid scheme throughout his Niner days...

https://beargoggleson.com/2015/01/21/vic-fangios-defensive-scheme/

At this stage, I don't think you can coach missed tackles any more than he already does. It'd be nice to see his defenses more disciplined. But thats gonna have to be on them IMO.

How do you explain his lack of adjustments in the GB game when Rodgers came out with short passes and scored on every 2nd half possession? It was quite similar in the 2nd half of the MIA game too with them giving up too much in the slot. Brady's "slot game" is awesome too.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
How do you explain his lack of adjustments in the GB game when Rodgers came out with short passes and scored on every 2nd half possession? It was quite similar in the 2nd half of the MIA game too with them giving up too much in the slot. Brady's "slot game" is awesome too.

Defensive zone coverage is pretty black and white--You either cover your assignment or you don't. I honestly blame the personnel. Secondary got waxed. That much is plain and simple to me.

My point is Fangios overall defense is just fine by me. individual breakdowns are going to happen. I don't think we were outcoached. We were outplayed.
From what I saw this game sucked and looked ugly on both sides in the first half- All of the excitement came from both sides adjustments. We just came up on the losing end of it, which sucks.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Defensive zone coverage is pretty black and white--You either cover your assignment or you don't. I honestly blame the personnel. Secondary got waxed. That much is plain and simple to me.

My point is Fangios overall defense is just fine by me. individual breakdowns are going to happen. I don't think we were outcoached. We were outplayed.
From what I saw this game sucked and looked ugly on both sides in the first half- All of the excitement came from both sides adjustments. We just came up on the losing end of it, which sucks.

If your guys are getting outplayed, then the coach needs to adjust and adapt to compensate for that.

Fangio just throws his hands up and hopes it works. That's NOT what a quality DC does. You must adapt to the situation...

jc456

Liked Posts:
I agree Vic is just too passive for me at times-just hot the Miami game---------hate the bend but don't brea defense. H seems to have problems over the 3 plus years to adapt to the other team- I am not his biggest fan

I've never seen it work

Washington

Liked Posts:
If your guys are getting outplayed, then the coach needs to adjust and adapt to compensate for that.

Fangio just throws his hands up and hopes it works. That's NOT what a quality DC does. You must adapt to the situation...

Agreed. When you are getting scored on, on virtually every series (all of them in GB), you need to try something different. I still feel McCarthy outcoached Fangio. McCarthy went to the quick pass game to nullify the rush and we had no stops for that. Tackling was a huge issue though in the MIA game but the same quick passing game is what beat us. I would expect more of the same from Brady and company.

We could do a lot worse than Fangio, but I am not enamored with his boring bend but don't break style. When you get up multiple scores on teams in the 2nd half, lay the dagger in them.

richb688

Liked Posts:
I agree-how many times when the Bears score the other team responds with a score on the very next drive. It has happened a lot over the last three years.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
This is about the dumbest "football analysis" I've heard since Les Grobstein tried to explain "three technique" on WSCR. I keep re-reading it, trying to see what I am missing. It just doesn't add up. Perhaps you can explain to me what you are trying to say.

What don't you understand ?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Our linebackers were almost the sole reason we lost until our safeties forgot how to tackle.