Taylor Gabriel vs Allen Robinson

Gabriel vs Robinson

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I like the way Gabriel has been utilized. He'd have a few more TDs if Mitch didn't miss those wide-open deep balls.

I think that Gabriel wasn't being utilized very well until the last two game to be honest. They finally started sending Gabriel vertical on deep routes and he's excelled. Earlier in the season, he was being used on too many screens and short passes.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Bears offense would be completely different if the Allen Robinson signing wasn't working out. He's been a great find...a legit WR1 even if its not reflected in his numbers.
Exactly. Even though he doesn't get fed the ball like some teams do with a WR1, he's one of the main reasons why the other players get so open.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think that Gabriel wasn't being utilized very well until the last two game to be honest. They finally started sending Gabriel vertical on deep routes and he's excelled. Earlier in the season, he was being used on too many screens and short passes.

Robinson drawing the #1
Gabriel putting fear into the DC
Burton and Cohen being mismatches in the middle

That is when the offense is running optimally and that is what diverse personnel can do for a team.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:

I think it's mostly that him and Trubisky are finally on the same page the last 2 games and are actually connecting on the deep throws. I think there's at least 1 throw in each of the first 3 games where Gabriel was wide open at least 30 yards down the field and Trubisky missed on those, making most of Gabriel's production based on those shorter passes.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The use and effectiveness of the pitches to Gabriel sent his value soaring. He is not a better player than Robinson, but he has impressed me more.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Exactly this. That was why initially I was seeing Gabriel as wasted money. Now that he is stretching the hell out of the field as I expected he is worth every penny.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Exactly this. That was why initially I was seeing Gabriel as wasted money. Now that he is stretching the hell out of the field as I expected he is worth every penny.

I think the screens are to keep the defense from just turning and running with him. Unfortunately, our WRs are not good at blocking them and we seem to choose when they are sitting in man to throw them.

At the rate he is going he is a 50% steal for his production and big play ability.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FWIW I am not voting in the poll because I like them both and ultimately only care about them contributing to how the offense functions. Now that we are seeing the returns on investment I am happy with both of them.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Better question would be this years top paid FA WR's. A Rob has the edge so far, but neither are blowing it up.

Allen Robinson /
Sammy Watkins

5 games 24 rec 38 tar 281 yards 11.7 ypc 2 TDs 39 long /
6 games 22 rec 33 tar 272 yards 12.4 ypc 1 TDs 40 long

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I think the screens are to keep the defense from just turning and running with him. Unfortunately, our WRs are not good at blocking them and we seem to choose when they are sitting in man to throw them.

At the rate he is going he is a 50% steal for his production and big play ability.

Kevin White is our best blocking WR other then Miller, and if you pay attention, Nagy sends White in on screen plays. I'm sure Nagy will mix it up, but when White comes in, look for a play going his way while blocking.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Both were well thought out signings that complement each other.

Actually go read windy stat thread and allot of the projections look similar to what philly did last season. They all work well together

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
As far as the OP's question, I'll vote both. They are both doing what I thought their upside could be. I'm thinking they are going to get much better yet, which is surprising a little for me as I thought it might take a full season to really gel together. But they are already surpassing where I thought they would be.

Size on one side and speed on the other. That's a nice combo outside especially with all the other weapons we now have!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Haha I felt it was a wtf signing also. But now we get to see how the naggy offense works and it makes total sense

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now defenses have to respect Cohen's speed and elusiveness out of the backfield on top of Gabriel's jets while still having to cover AR and Burton too. I hope to god they stay healthy because that combination of playmakers is going to keep us in a lot of games as long as Trubisky keeps progressing.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Msadows mother + Spartan's son * (Trubisky{2}) / Mahomes + Watson - Garapollo = Daniels

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Msadows mother + Spartan's son * (Trubisky{2}) / Mahomes + Watson - Garapollo = Daniels

Msadows mother + Spartan's son * (Trubisky{2}) / Mahomes + Watson - Garapollo * (Daniels)
nc0gnet0 = zero * zero = zero

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Msadows mother + Spartan's son * (Trubisky{2}) / Mahomes + Watson - Garapollo * (Daniels)
nc0gnet0 = zero * zero = zero

Bear Pride =
giphy.gif