Gabriel vs Robinson

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who has impressed you more and who do you think is better?

Turbo has really impressed me he's caught just about everything that has come his way.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Gabriel has impressed me by far because I didn't think he would amount to much, much like many of the past years FA signings. I thought Allen Robinson would have better numbers but I think he has done fine job. I think they compliment each other but if I had to choose one as better in the few games that they played I would have to say AR. That being said they are the best best tandem duo for the Bears since Marshall and Jeffery even they don't have the numbers yet.

Side note: Is this poll a thin veil of who you should pick up as a flex option for your FF team?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Allen has been as advertised. Big target with good hands. Gabriel has exceeded my expectations so far though.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I like the way Gabriel has been utilized. He'd have a few more TDs if Mitch didn't miss those wide-open deep balls.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I hear it's the second year off the ACL that a player fully regains their explosiveness.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
AR does a lot of things off the ball and draws a lot of interest from DBs.....they can only cover so many people.....If Gabriel gets more attention then AR will be open more....

AR is also pretty sure handed......most of the Bears receivers have been sure handed; that is something we haven't seen since Jeffery and Marshall

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Robinson's quickness off the ball for a guy his size coming off an acl is really impressive. I think he and Mitch are starting to get on the same page in terms of improvising, jump balls, etc, which is what he's been known for.

Gabriel is exactly what I expected except a better than advertised version. He mainly runs screens, flys, and deep crosses. And he's obviously been awesome at the last two, which stretches the defense and lets guys like Cohen work underneath.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both have been amazing and Robinson is allowing mismatches

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They work together.

Robinson draws the #1 CB, which allows Gabriel to abuse the #2 CB.

Gabriel has been better than I thought. Robinson has been what I thought he was, a big beautiful route runner with very consistent hands.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
AR does a lot of things off the ball and draws a lot of interest from DBs.....they can only cover so many people.....If Gabriel gets more attention then AR will be open more....

AR is also pretty sure handed......most of the Bears receivers have been sure handed; that is something we haven't seen since Jeffery and Marshall

Indeed, they're very sure handed! Bears have the 2nd lowest drop % in the league.

u02s95ebsgs11.jpg

Also, I picked Gabriel because, like most said, he has exceeded most people's expectations of what was thought to be more of a gadget player or someone who just keeps safeties honest. He has been way better and his numbers would be even more impressive if Trubisky had hit on a few of those mis-throws. Very promising for the offense as a whole though! Excited to see what kind of numbers Robinson, Gabriel and Burton get.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gabriel is a better ROI, that's not saying AR isn't good, but can't say AR is exceeding expectations either.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gabriel is a better ROI, that's not saying AR isn't good, but can't say AR is exceeding expectations either.

Robinson is the trickle down effect.

Everyone gets covered by a slightly worse DB because Robinson draws their best and many times he has the safety shaded his way. The respect he command opens up a ton of other stuff.

That alone makes him worth the money in my world even if the stats do not reflect #1 guy stats.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Robinson is the trickle down effect.

Everyone gets covered by a slightly worse DB because Robinson draws their best and many times he has the safety shaded his way. The respect he command opens up a ton of other stuff.

That alone makes him worth the money in my world even if the stats do not reflect #1 guy stats.

I never said he wasn't worth the money, did I?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Indeed, they're very sure handed! Bears have the 2nd lowest drop % in the league.

u02s95ebsgs11.jpg

Also, I picked Gabriel because, like most said, he has exceeded most people's expectations of what was thought to be more of a gadget player or someone who just keeps safeties honest. He has been way better and his numbers would be even more impressive if Trubisky had hit on a few of those mis-throws. Very promising for the offense as a whole though! Excited to see what kind of numbers Robinson, Gabriel and Burton get.

I think there are 3 factors that go into this,

1. The scheme gets guys in good matchups or in some cases wide open.
2. Mitch throws a very catch able ball
3. Our skill position talent does not have a major ? mark right now

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Two different types of WRs, so having them both makes the other better.

This is what is sooo exciting, because in years past it was always very simple to limit the Bears offense, you simply take away the biggest play maker through scheme or double teams, ect.. But, this year if you double AR, then Gabriel, Burton or Cohen (even Miller is getting his touches), will be getting one on one opportunities.

Not to get on a tangent, but I am actually a little surprised that White has not touched the ball, at all... Seriously, even Wims had a target. White looked good in camp, and for us to be this far into the season and not have a catch is surprising.

I hope that he can make a few plays in the remaining part of the season so that he can get a chance to continue his career, because the kid has been humble and has worked his ass off to recover from his injuries.