Taylor Gabriel vs Allen Robinson

Gabriel vs Robinson

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Kevin White is our best blocking WR other then Miller, and if you pay attention, Nagy sends White in on screen plays. I'm sure Nagy will mix it up, but when White comes in, look for a play going his way while blocking.

Yep, I caught that this past Sunday. Hard to believe he hasn’t had a single target yet, but he certainly gets the job done blocking. At least he’s doing “something”:shrug:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at both players body of work at the end of the season, could be totally different. MT starting to feel it and ARob will get stronger as the season progresses.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Who has impressed you more and who do you think is better?

Turbo has really impressed me he's caught just about everything that has come his way.
So far Gabriel has been more impressive. Nagy has him doing everything. But I have to say seeing him catching these bombs lately puts the biggest smile on face.

Robinson looks like a good reciever, but he hasn't put up big numbers or games... I wonder if teams are blanketing him? Or if Trub is just really looking elsewhere more often?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Bears offense would be completely different if the Allen Robinson signing wasn't working out. He's been a great find...a legit WR1 even if its not reflected in his numbers.

Good thing the Bears were able to nag Allen Robinson over Sammy Watkins. Watkins has been very average this year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kevin White is our best blocking WR other then Miller, and if you pay attention, Nagy sends White in on screen plays. I'm sure Nagy will mix it up, but when White comes in, look for a play going his way while blocking.

Which tips off the defense like it did against Miami.

Our actual WRs are not good at blocking the screen passes. Specifically, Allen Robinson.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Both were well thought out signings that complement each other.

Actually go read windy stat thread and allot of the projections look similar to what philly did last season. They all work well together

A bunch of guys catching 75 passes seems to be the MO of the offense.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

Our actual WRs are not good at blocking the screen passes. Specifically, Allen Robinson.

Jahns was saying his money is on a deep ball to White as Pats will be expecting a screen. But yeah, someone else being a competent blocker would be great.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:

Kind of like when every time Hester would come in they'd run a bubble screen. Eventually White's going to have to get some pass plays called his way so at the very least they don't give away the screen as soon as he steps onto the field.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Kind of like when every time Hester would come in they'd run a bubble screen. Eventually White's going to have to get some pass plays called his way so at the very least they don't give away the screen as soon as he steps onto the field.

Thats a good secret Weapon Play call: "White Rice and Biscuits". Unfortunately I don't think anything is going to fool Belechik He's seen it all. The only way we can beat them is with smash mouth football.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Isn't Robinson on pace for 6 or 7 TDs and 900 yards? Is that the kind of output you were expecting when he was signed? He got a lot money.

I realize it more about winning games and creating match-up issues, but he's been underwhelming to me.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If A-Rob is out, I would bet Anthony Miller has his breakout game. I’d love to see him get more targets.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Isn't Robinson on pace for 6 or 7 TDs and 900 yards? Is that the kind of output you were expecting when he was signed? He got a lot money.

I realize it more about winning games and creating match-up issues, but he's been underwhelming to me.

That's about exactly where i thought he would be. Several players will have 500+ rec yards.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
OP asks two completely unrelated questions that have two separate answers, but only one choice. This poll sucks.