NFL to review Tannehill Injury

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hill-ruled-out-nfl-to-review-report-of-injury

“quick review of the public injury report Friday listed Tannehill as questionable with a right shoulder injury for the Week 6 meeting with Chicago -- an injury that also has ruled him out for this week's game. That seems adequate, but Tannehill was also listed as a full participant in practice on Wednesday and Thursday”

Nagy had two weeks preparing , maybe one reason he was pissed.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read late Sunday morning that Tannehill did not take a snap at practice all week. I was a bit pissed off at the injury report at that time myself. They definitely kept a lid on that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True but the O was going against the same players regardless of their QB and the D should have been fine. Nagy had very little to consider in the way of changes. You don't special scheme Osweiler, you simply adjust. The 2 week thing does concern me since the team looked flat early and tired late.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True but the O was going against the same players regardless of their QB and the D should have been fine. Nagy had very little to consider in the way of changes. You don't special scheme Osweiler, you simply adjust. The 2 week thing does concern me since the team looked flat early and tired late.

I wasn't using it as an excuse, I just thought it was a clear violation of the league rules as I knew them. And it was really obvious that there was no way Tannehill was playing and they knew that all week. Guess it was just part of the script.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I wasn't using it as an excuse, I just thought it was a clear violation of the league rules as I knew them. And it was really obvious that there was no way Tannehill was playing and they knew that all week. Guess it was just part of the script.

I think anyone would wait until the last possible moment to rule out Tannehill if that meant your active backup QB would be David Fales.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I can't believe any fan would be upset the Phins possibly did a little shady move within the rules to hide Brock Osweiler from being active.. the Bears shit the bed on this one. Diarrhea down the legs bad.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I personally don't have an issue with it. I actually think it's dumb that teams have to share injury information to other teams. Why help the opponent?

Plus, Brock is a big downgrade from Tannehill. It's not like they secretly traded for Aaron Rodgers and were like, "Surprise bitches!!"

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
And surprised we were.

He was the worst Bears QB I've ever seen, aka "the worst of the worst". I remember he had gotten in during garbage time of previous games, but you couldn't really gauge how awful he was at that point. Lots of talk about how many yards he passed for in the CFL and there was actually some 'hype' about Burris' athleticism.

I was very confused when I saw him play against Tampa, because he lacked the arm strength/mechanics to throw the ball 10 yards downfield. How could this guy have done anything in the CFL, or does that league just completely suck?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was the worst Bears QB I've ever seen, aka "the worst of the worst". I remember he had gotten in during garbage time of previous games, but you couldn't really gauge how awful he was at that point. Lots of talk about how many yards he passed for in the CFL and there was actually some 'hype' about Burris' athleticism.

I was very confused when I saw him play against Tampa, because he lacked the arm strength/mechanics to throw the ball 10 yards downfield. How could this guy have done anything in the CFL, or does that league just completely suck?

Burris was abysmal and maybe it's because we only got to see him once but I always felt like Jonathan Quinn or Todd Collins were the worst I ever saw.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Burris was abysmal and maybe it's because we only got to see him once but I always felt like Jonathan Quinn or Todd Collins were the worst I ever saw.

Most definitely. I always vote Jonathan Quinn as #1 and Todd Collins as #2. The amazing thing is I think it was Carolina that allowed Matt Forte to run for like 150 yards against them with Todd Collins quarterbacking knowing that we could not pass.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Quinn looked like the guy who would kill it during practice or 7-on-7 drills, but completely lost his shit when he faced a real defense. Burris couldn't even throw a football...he made Dennis Dixon look like YA Tittle.

Collins I believe was coaxed out of retirement by the Bears. He was a career backup who had a couple good moments, but was obviously finished by the time he reached the Bears. I will admit that Collins' Bear stats are unbelievable...10 completions, 5 INTs, 68 yards, 0 TDs, 5.9 rating. But...as any Cutler fanboy will tell you on CCS..."he had a winning record as a starter (1-0)"

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quinn looked like the guy who would kill it during practice or 7-on-7 drills, but completely lost his shit when he faced a real defense. Burris couldn't even throw a football...he made Dennis Dixon look like YA Tittle.

Collins I believe was coaxed out of retirement by the Bears. He was a career backup who had a couple good moments, but was obviously finished by the time he reached the Bears. I will admit that Collins' Bear stats are unbelievable...10 completions, 5 INTs, 68 yards, 0 TDs, 5.9 rating. But...as any Cutler fanboy will tell you on CCS..."he had a winning record as a starter (1-0)"

I guess I ended up giving Burris a pass(pun) because he ended up going on to be a really good CFL QB. Quinn and Collins just kind of went on to suck or retire.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I guess I ended up giving Burris a pass(pun) because he ended up going on to be a really good CFL QB. Quinn and Collins just kind of went on to suck or retire.

I think Burris had his number retired by the NFL Europe Berlin Thunder team, too.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IMO those reports only matter for betting and those are the people that get butthurt the most about it.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
conspiracy. it's all scripted

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No shit Sherlock. That isn't the point though. The NFL knows betting is a major part of the game and it takes injury reports seriously because of it.