IGT: Coyotes at Blackhawks. 10/18 The return of Crow edition

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Do I just have a man crush on Fortin or do you guys think he looks really good. Gets open, gets shots to the net, gets to the net looks Anisimov big out there but fast fast fast skater who looks under control. Just noticed he was back on the fourth line at the end of the game, but Q was bouncing Kane out there too.

I agree on the Kunitz. A team that needs a leader should have the 39 year old veteran when we have guys who know how to lead in the locker room. But having guys with the Anisimov pace should work if they ever get to the offensive zone together. Just feel bad for Haydon, he looks like he is skating for both of them. I dont get why Haydon always circles to the glass to chase pucks when someone is there already because nobody is at the net, its like all three are behind the goal line.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do I just have a man crush on Fortin or do you guys think he looks really good. Gets open, gets shots to the net, gets to the net looks Anisimov big out there but fast fast fast skater who looks under control. Just noticed he was back on the fourth line at the end of the game, but Q was bouncing Kane out there too.

I agree on the Kunitz. A team that needs a leader should have the 39 year old veteran when we have guys who know how to lead in the locker room. But having guys with the Anisimov pace should work if they ever get to the offensive zone together. Just feel bad for Haydon, he looks like he is skating for both of them. I dont get why Haydon always circles to the glass to chase pucks when someone is there already because nobody is at the net, its like all three are behind the goal line.

He'd look better if he didn't go to the Duncan Keith school of shooting the puck. He takes geologic epochs to shoot and by the time he does the lane is closed...much like Keith.

He should look at Kane/Toews/Debrincat and get his shot off quicker. He has the tools to be good but right now he looks like Stalberg.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For the positives:

Crawford looked better than expected. A bit of rust but his positioning and anticipation look spot on. He was almost always square to the shooter.
Gus looked great. So did Toews. Keith, although brutal offensively was completely invisible in the backend, which means he pitched his best defensive effort since February of 2017.
The rest of the team? Lukewarm anal seepage. Rutta, Manning, and Saad were complete pointless waste.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He'd look better if he didn't go to the Duncan Keith school of shooting the puck. He takes geologic epochs to shoot and by the time he does the lane is closed...much like Keith.

He should look at Kane/Toews/Debrincat and get his shot off quicker. He has the tools to be good but right now he looks like Stalberg.

and Hino whose first goal exemplified this tactic.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the positives:

Crawford looked better than expected. A bit of rust but his positioning and anticipation look spot on. He was almost always square to the shooter.
Gus looked great. So did Toews. Keith, although brutal offensively was completely invisible in the backend, which means he pitched his best defensive effort since February of 2017.
The rest of the team? Lukewarm anal seepage. Rutta, Manning, and Saad were complete pointless waste.

agree with everything. Rutta, Manning, Murhpy, Saad are beginning to rank quite low in the league +/- for seaaon.

Gus and Joker are our best +/- defenders. Keith is average despite power play time.

Q is starting to fix the minutes to equate play though. I just don't like the lines and think Saad probably can do what Kahun does, get rid of Kunitz, put Kahun and Fortin together maybe on a work line with AA.

If Saad is done we are probably done, cuz Kunitz is for sure done. Not enough weapons, get Sikura up as soon as possible, and Entwhistle is big enough, just throw him in the fire for a minute and pray. The trade they need to make must occur sooner than later, I suspect the next 5 games will show us that.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For the positives:

You can understand playing Saad and Rutta as they have played well in the past, you're hoping they can turn it around. I just don't get what Manning brings to the table. Don't understand why he is even at this level.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
agree with everything. Rutta, Manning, Murhpy, Saad are beginning to rank quite low in the league +/- for seaaon.

Gus and Joker are our best +/- defenders. Keith is average despite power play time.

Q is starting to fix the minutes to equate play though. I just don't like the lines and think Saad probably can do what Kahun does, get rid of Kunitz, put Kahun and Fortin together maybe on a work line with AA.

If Saad is done we are probably done, cuz Kunitz is for sure done. Not enough weapons, get Sikura up as soon as possible, and Entwhistle is big enough, just throw him in the fire for a minute and pray. The trade they need to make must occur sooner than later, I suspect the next 5 games will show us that.
Saad may not be done, but he needs to get his head out of his ass.

Don't mess with the top line...it's working. Get Schmaltz to shoot the fuckin' puck or swap him for AA. We know AA can work with Kane and go to the net.

You can understand playing Saad and Rutta as they have played well in the past, you're hoping they can turn it around. I just don't get what Manning brings to the table. Don't understand why he is even at this level.
Many don't get what Manning brings or why he's here. Rutta may be nursing a groin injury. Saad is a complete enigma at this point though. There's no reason he should be *this* bad.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the amount of games played by top line is enough to statistically say much. That is what I hate about Q sometimes...he doesn't go by vision, but by result. A guy like Hino came in here and created chances left and right, but they didn't go in...so he goes back down. Kahun gets a couple lucky shots and we are stuck with him for a month.

(Although I see Kahun does some things that help Toews and Cat, its not a bad compliment at the least)

Those of us that have been watching Lord, like yourself....realize Toews looks good. Looks like a better version of himself than we saw the majority of the last two years, 1.Toews looks to be having a bounce back year...2. Cat is progressing as expected for his age...and those are the only two "facts" I am willing stand on so far.

I am not opposed to trying Fortin there, Kane, Saad, or continuing a search.

Yes the line is doing better, but I am in no way ready to attribute that to Kahun. Kahun looks slow to me, maybe I'm wrong. I just think a 1st line assignment is a bit much.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't even get me started on coaching. As far as I'm concerned if the boys aren't bag-skating today--or at least gauntlet drills Q is failing as a coach.

Right now though Toews/El Gato is working, and Kahun works there. Ideal? maybe not, but he works--so no reason to fix that until it doesn't work. While it's *possible* Q can keep pounding pegs into the hole on the 1st line and swapping out Kahun, it's also possible he get someone there that doesn't fit--or kills the rest of the team.

Kane, would work there, but the tam becomes a 1-line team.

Fortin might be a good option--who knows if it's been tried or not in practice. Maybe incentive for Fortin to be played against Kahun for the lottery slot? Certainly couldn't hurt.

Saad has been a trainwreck. He might have looked okay 2 out of the 3 periods last game (no one but Ward looked good in the 2nd), but right now Kahun is a better option.

No matter how you slice it though Kahun on the top line is not a liability. The 'hawks need to fix the liabilities 1st. Right now that elephant in the room is the team D.