OT: Josh Rosen

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I don't watch much college and just happened to catch Rosen's huge comeback game earlier in last year's season and it was bigtime so I made a point to catch him the next week and he was nowhere near as good, it will take some patience for him to workout, I honestly think Trubisky had more command in his 4th start, maybe not statistically but just moving and throwing makes Rosen look like a stiff and Rosen can move a little bit.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Lets give him a couple of years.

My fear is that by throwing him to the wolves early they may be messing up the kid's long term future. How many times have we seen a potentially good QB get ruined by getting slaughtered his first year. After that the guy has happy feet and never lives up to his potential. I call it the Joey Harrington effect.

I dont believe that crap. There have been some great QBs that have struggled early in their career only to figure it out and become big time. Peyton Manning threw nearly 30 ints in his rookie season for fucks sake! Theres been guys that have been brought along and protected and still not worked out. If a guy doesnt become a good qb its because he just isnt very good.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm glad the Bears hired Nagy instead of Wilks and Mike McCoy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can’t tell anything about Rosen.

Although, it is a little concerning the turnover thing seems to have followed him from UCLA

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont believe that crap. There have been some great QBs that have struggled early in their career only to figure it out and become big time. Peyton Manning threw nearly 30 ints in his rookie season for fucks sake! Theres been guys that have been brought along and protected and still not worked out. If a guy doesnt become a good qb its because he just isnt very good.

It's one thing to struggle, it is another thing to get tossed out there before you are ready to handle the job. Yes, some QBs do well even though they do struggle early on. I have seen others that don't though. From what I understand the system Rosen is trying to run is very complicated and he is struggling to get everything down. That is expected from a new QB yet it doesn't sound like anyone has tried simplifying it. Nagy did that with Trubs and he is playing well. I'm sure more things are being gradually added.

Yes, some excel but some coming out of college haven't had a chance to adapt to the professional level or the Pro System. Rosen came from a run/pass option style offense at UCLA and has to learn to play at the NFL. Some QBs are more NFL ready. And for your Manning I can throw a Brady, or a Rodgers, or a Brees. The three best quarterbacks currently in the NFL sat for their first, and sometimes second years. Some get it early, some don't but a player has to be ready. Obviously Rosen isn't ready yet but that doesn't mean he can't be.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's one thing to struggle, it is another thing to get tossed out there before you are ready to handle the job. Yes, some QBs do well even though they do struggle early on. I have seen others that don't though. From what I understand the system Rosen is trying to run is very complicated and he is struggling to get everything down. That is expected from a new QB yet it doesn't sound like anyone has tried simplifying it. Nagy did that with Trubs and he is playing well. I'm sure more things are being gradually added.

Yes, some excel but some coming out of college haven't had a chance to adapt to the professional level or the Pro System. Rosen came from a run/pass option style offense at UCLA and has to learn to play at the NFL. Some QBs are more NFL ready. And for your Manning I can throw a Brady, or a Rodgers, or a Brees. The three best quarterbacks currently in the NFL sat for their first, and sometimes second years. Some get it early, some don't but a player has to be ready. Obviously Rosen isn't ready yet but that doesn't mean he can't be.

UCLA used a spread offense his Freshman year. He was in a pro-style system in ‘16 and ‘17.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
UCLA used a spread offense his Freshman year. He was in a pro-style system in ‘16 and ‘17.

Ok, I stand corrected there. He still looks confused with the system in place. They need to simplify it for him.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Ok, I stand corrected there. He still looks confused with the system in place. They need to simplify it for him.

He looks confused because defenders are pouring into the backfield on the snap. He was getting his ass kicked all night.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

My fear is that by throwing him to the wolves early they may be messing up the kid's long term future. How many times have we seen a potentially good QB get ruined by getting slaughtered his first year. After that the guy has happy feet and never lives up to his potential. I call it the Joey Harrington effect.

David Carr Effect. The beatings he took in his first year, violated Human Rights Laws.

Carr was sacked 76 times as a rookie. Harrington was only sacked 8 times as a rookie.

Just during his 5 years and 76 games played in Houston, Carr was sacked 249 times.

Harrington’s entire career, he was only sacked 124 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I'd call it the David Carr effect. I don't think anyone in history got beat up like he did. It's pretty amazing he lasted as a backup.

Ursa beat me to it.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler sighting.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
First one was tipped, second one his WR cried and ran away rather than finishing his route. He's got ZERO help.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I watch a ton of Pac 12 ball because I'm an Arizona alum and like to stay up on Saturday nights.

Every time I saw Rosen and Darnold play, I thought, "THESE are the fucking guys who are supposed to be the best QB prospects in the country?!?!"

Darnold had a *pretty* good debut, but has sucked ever since. Rosen looks completely lost. Doesn't mean they can't rebound, but damn, man

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I'm glad the Bears hired Nagy instead of Wilks and Mike McCoy.

Looking back, Pace played that process so well. And I'm not saying that just because he went with Nagy. It could've ended up so badly bungled and he get left holding the bag.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I watch a ton of Pac 12 ball because I'm an Arizona alum and like to stay up on Saturday nights.

Every time I saw Rosen and Darnold play, I thought, "THESE are the fucking guys who are supposed to be the best QB prospects in the country?!?!"

Darnold had a *pretty* good debut, but has sucked ever since. Rosen looks completely lost. Doesn't mean they can't rebound, but damn, man

meanwhile, tons of people on here wanted us to pass on biscuit, mahomes, and watson to draft a "generational" talent in next years draft. There were tons who thought drafting any of those in the top 10 that year was a reach.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

As compared to the Peyton Manning effect where he sucked badly at the start of his rookie season only to become one of the best of all times.

Sometimes being thrown to the wolves shows if you have any warrior spirit. Manning - yes. Harrington - no.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
meanwhile, tons of people on here wanted us to pass on biscuit, mahomes, and watson to draft a "generational" talent in next years draft. There were tons who thought drafting any of those in the top 10 that year was a reach.

You should really stop with the biscuit thing. It's cringe af.