should the Sox move Mocanda to third base?

richb688

Liked Posts:
I read an article the other day about this proposal and I am not opposed to it. The guy they drafted from Oregon will have a good chance of being the second basemen of the future. If Mocanda is not moved to third maybe center field. I have a feeling they are not going to move Anderson from the short stop position.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Moncada's defence was below average for sure, especially compared to how well he did in 2017.

-5DRS, -3.7URZ. Not good, but not horrible either. His 2017 was slightly above average (+6DRS/-0.6UZR)

I say give him next year at second base and if his D continues to decline then you can maybe start talking about maybe moving him to other position. But as he is now, on both sides of the ball, he's a 2 WAR second baseman who's only 24 years old. Not worth what we gave up in Sale, but we've had way shitter than that.

If

richb688

Liked Posts:
not sure what all those codes mean---------I go by the eye test and watching baseball for 40 years

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Moncada's defence was below average for sure, especially compared to how well he did in 2017.

-5DRS, -3.7URZ. Not good, but not horrible either. His 2017 was slightly above average (+6DRS/-0.6UZR)

I say give him next year at second base and if his D continues to decline then you can maybe start talking about maybe moving him to other position. But as he is now, on both sides of the ball, he's a 2 WAR second baseman who's only 24 years old. Not worth what we gave up in Sale, but we've had way shitter than that.

If

I would type out the full words in the bolded acronyms so that the "Old School" fans would understand what you mean. Just trying to help out.

not sure what all those codes mean---------I go by the eye test and watching baseball for 40 years

Like this guy right here. With that invigorating observation, I'd be surprised if you didn't post at White Sox Interactive (WSI). With that brilliant analysis you'd be a perfect mod for that board/site.

richb688

Liked Posts:
lol my ass of at you some metrics are useful and some are a waste of space. I can watch a player play for a few seasons and tell if he has talent or not and if he will be a star. I don't need some stupid code stat to tell me that. Yes some metrics are useful but come on lmao at you

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
If you can tell whether someone is talented or will be a star, why aren't you a scout then? You sound like a WSI mod to me, probably Daver. But please, I'm LMAO with you not at you.

richb688

Liked Posts:
Try spelling words or is that too hard for you smart guy???????????????????????? I am sorry your a poor judge of talent when it comes to baseball oh well.

richb688

Liked Posts:
I don't a computer code to tell me if a player is good or not lol. These metrics are only as good as the data put in them. Yes, some metrics are good but there a lot of useless ones also .

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't a computer code to tell me if a player is good or not lol. These metrics are only as good as the data put in them. Yes, some metrics are good but there a lot of useless ones also .

Which are the good ones and which are the useless ones?

richb688

Liked Posts:
You are saying all the metrics are good and useful then-that is just not true.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:

I would argue that baseball has some of the better metrics out there. I'm sure there are some that aren't that great, but ones like WAR and OPS (somewhat newer) definitely give a great idea of how valuable a player can be. I'm not a big proponent on launch angle as I believe that's attributed to the increase in strikeouts across the league.

richb688

Liked Posts:
I am not saying there are not some good ones but I don't need 5,000 of them to tell me if a player is good or not

richb688

Liked Posts:
My God I don't need a computer to tell me everything-yes Trout is the best player in baseball metrics be damned

richb688

Liked Posts:
that is a matter of personal opinion-computers cant determine that and I would say Areando

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
that is a matter of personal opinion-computers cant determine that and I would say Areando

Baseball is such a stat driven game though that it's very easy to use Sabermetrics to find out which player is more valuable to his team.

richb688

Liked Posts:
Baseball is such a stat driven game though that it's very easy to use Sabermetrics to find out which player is more valuable to his team.

not really it matters what stats are out in----stats can be twisted and turned out.