The Next Few Weeks in the NFC North

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm fine with a couple clunkers just as long as they still are sustaining drives and not having too many 3 and outs. I've seen enough of those since 2009 to make me want to gnaw my eyes out. Trubisky seems to have settled down in the pocket a bit. But those damn lob passes across his body make me pretty nervous.

The Lions actually might have a running game(who knew). And you've got a nice WR corp. Stafford would frustrate the hell out of me...he can go for stretches where he is unstoppable...then have a multi-INT game where you wonder who the hell he's throwing to. I still like that LB kid you've got(Davis). Ansah is hard to deal with when healthy(which seems rare these days).

I am high on Galloday, he is going to give most teams fits the remainder of the year, or Tate and Jones will all see CB2 coverage. I just wonder how this offense would have looked if the Gronk trade happened.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why not add that the packers barely beat the bears? Bears offense is undeniable better than it was week 1. We’re not even half way into the season, this offense hasn’t begun to peak yet. Trubisky is just getting into a rhythmn with guys like Cohen, Gabriel, and Robinson.

I was really only looking at the last three games. I admit the Lions were a train wreck the first two.

Why is it you think that is only applicable to the Bears though?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I am high on Galloday, he is going to give most teams fits the remainder of the year, or Tate and Jones will all see CB2 coverage. I just wonder how this offense would have looked if the Gronk trade happened.

Much like the lack of running game for Stafford...the Lions haven't had a viable TE since Pollard...and he was an old fart

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Much like the lack of running game for Stafford...the Lions haven't had a viable TE since Pollard...and he was an old fart

Ebron really wasn't that bad, but the Lions fans ran him out of town. Not much of a blocker though. K. Johnson is averaging 5.8 yds per carry, want him to get more touches.

Last edited:

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only shit is the stuff on your chin. You conveniently left out the two strip sacks the Lions had on Rodgers, the TD that got called back, the long drive that started in the third quarter and scored in the beginning of the 4th quarter to put the lions up 31-14. Packers then managed to score a TD after being forced to eat a shitload of clock, making the score 31-20 with less than 4 minutes left. Pukers than had another drive that was stopped and they had to try for a 56 fucking yard FG (oh you forget how long it was didn't you moron). they missed.

Get a clue.
You're the one who is making it sound like the Lions shit stomped the Packers. Anyone who watched the game didnt see it that way. A win is a win and beating the Packers is a big win. But you are only looking at the win as a predictor of how the Lions will play this week since it was the Lions last game. The bigger predictor is how the Lions played. I wouldn't be too thrilled about an offense with a hobbled QB and depleted WR Corp putting up 560 yards of offense in Detroit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Debating a Lions fan is like debating with Remy. They live in an alternate reality...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're the one who is making it sound like the Lions shit stomped the Packers. Anyone who watched the game didnt see it that way. A win is a win and beating the Packers is a big win. But you are only looking at the win as a predictor of how the Lions will play this week since it was the Lions last game. The bigger predictor is how the Lions played. I wouldn't be too thrilled about an offense with a hobbled QB and depleted WR Corp putting up 560 yards of offense in Detroit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They did. Don't pretend like if the Bears would have done that to the Packers, Bears fans wouldn't be saying the same thing.

I thought they played well. Perfect? No. Have the Bears had a perfect game? No. I will take 4 out of 4 in the red zone any week though. You keep bringing up the yards. Garbage time stats. That's what you would call them if it was Stafford putting up those figures when so far behind, isn't it?

That same Hobbled Qb came back and beat you and the niners though, didn't he?

As for your straw man argument to try to save face, I never made the claim it was a predictor, only interesting. The thing is, you can't have it both ways. What have the Bears done, to date, to make them favorites in the North? The whole point of my post, before a few of you tried too make this into a Lions thread, is that as it now stands, there is no clear favorite, and if you had to choose one, IMO it would be the Vikings.

If the games play out (this weekend) and all the favorites win, that would be another Bears loss, a Lions and vikings win, and pretty much a mess. If the Lions win and the Bears lose at home, I am giving the (slight) edge to the Lions.

If the Lions lose and the Bears win, then the Bears have the edge.

If they both win....who knows. (this is actually what I hope happens)

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Ebron really wasn't that bad, but the Lions fans ran him out of town. Not much of a blocker though. K. Johnson is averaging 5.8 yds per carry, want him to get more touches.

He reminded me of a more athletically gifted version of Pettigrew when he was with Detroit. All the potential in the world...but would have the dropsies. Seems to be doing okay with Indy though...already has 6 TDs. Maybe it was just a change of scenery.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He reminded me of a more athletically gifted version of Pettigrew when he was with Detroit. All the potential in the world...but would have the dropsies. Seems to be doing okay with Indy though...already has 6 TDs. Maybe it was just a change of scenery.

He was a victim of being overdrafted, and who the Lions could have drafted, the fans never let him forget it. I think he will do well in Indy.

So how do you see the games this weekend playing out with the Vikes, Lions, and Bears

And second question, how do you then see the rest of the season playing out?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He was a victim of being overdrafted, and who the Lions could have drafted, the fans never let him forget it. I think he will do well in Indy.

So how do you see the games this weekend playing out with the Vikes, Lions, and Bears

And second question, how do you then see the rest of the season playing out?

I'm still a slight pessimist about my Bears...I thought 8-8 in the beginning of the year...my mind might change if they win against the Pats..but I don't think they beat them this week.

I see the Vikings squeaking 1 out against the Jets. I think the Jets D will give Cousins issues...but he still has Thielen.

I see the Lions losing a very close one to the Phins. Stafford will have one of those games where the Dolphins D will trick him into throwing a couple INTs. But the Lions run game and secondary keep this one close.

Oh the rest of the year...tough one to call...I think the Packers are fading for some reason. Their schedule is brutal and I just don't think Rodgers has it in him to carry the team on his back again. Still he can turn it on whenever...so you never know.

EDIT: This year's roster of the Packers reminds me of the early 80's Packers with QB's like Lynn Dickey & David Whitehurst. Aaron Rodgers is literally keep that team a float. So I retract the point of Rodgers not having it in him. It's more of IF his body can hold up.

I'm not sold on this years Vikings. They lost a huge leader in Griffin...which was under odd circumstances. Some of the teammates said he's been like that for the last couple months. And what let them down in the NFCCG last year was their O-line due to injuries and Keenum masking some of their inefficiencies throughout the season....and missed tackles on that D. Not QB IMO.

The Lions are the biggest Wildcard IMO...they're a team that is still in search of an identity. Sure...there is Stafford...but he's in the 2nd tier of QBs. Outside of that it's really hard to point to them and say...they've got this that sets them apart from other teams.

As for the Bears...I think this all falls on Trubisky's growth. I've got a few local Bears friends that thought early in the season they should go with Chase. I told him that's not the way to look at it...this D's core is probably going to be good/great for another 3-4 years. Let's see how things play out with Trubisky. If they win this week...I'm cautiously optimistic that he's turned that corner.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still a slight pessimist about my Bears...I thought 8-8 in the beginning of the year...my mind might change if they win against the Pats..but I don't think they beat them this week.

I see the Vikings squeaking 1 out against the Jets. I think the Jets D will give Cousins issues...but he still has Thielen.

Jets are playing on house money, no one expects much of them, and as a result they can play free and loose. Let them hang around long enough, they will be a tough out. Get up a couple of scores early, and they will fold like a wet sheet,

I see the Lions losing a very close one to the Phins. Stafford will have one of those games where the Dolphins D will trick him into throwing a couple INTs. But the Lions run game and secondary keep this one close.

It's possible, but I think the Phins D is overrated. Stafford has only thrown one pick since that jets debacle, maybe there was something to the rumors the Jets knew the Lions signals? But I think Brock will throw as many if not more picks than Stafford, so we will see. I think the Lions O-line is as good (if not better, but it's close) than the Bears when healthy, and the Lions receivers as good if not better as a group (except TE). Yes, MT is improving a lot, but is he more of a challenge for the Phins D than Stafford with a reasonable amount of time?

Oh the rest of the year...tough one to call...I think the Packers are fading for some reason. Their schedule is brutal and I just don't think Rodgers has it in him to carry the team on his back again. Still he can turn it on whenever...so you never know.

Vikings schedule isn't that easy either, but I predicted a Packers slide before the season. I think Rodgers wants a new HC.

EDIT: This year's roster of the Packers reminds me of the early 80's Packers with QB's like Lynn Dickey & David Whitehurst. Aaron Rodgers is literally keep that team a float. So I retract the point of Rodgers not having it in him. It's more of IF his body can hold up.

And if someone else in the division runs away from the Packers in the next month.
I'm not sold on this years Vikings. They lost a huge leader in Griffin...which was under odd circumstances. Some of the teammates said he's been like that for the last couple months. And what let them down in the NFCCG last year was their O-line due to injuries and Keenum masking some of their inefficiencies throughout the season....and missed tackles on that D. Not QB IMO.

I think how far they go rests on D.Cook. If he can get back to where he was before the end of the season, they are still the most well rounded team in the North.

The Lions are the biggest Wildcard IMO...they're a team that is still in search of an identity. Sure...there is Stafford...but he's in the 2nd tier of QBs. Outside of that it's really hard to point to them and say...they've got this that sets them apart from other teams.

Curious to see if all that running in TC and Preseason that everyone was bitching about will make any difference in the heat. At Least Matt P. is no stranger to playing in Miami. The Lions D is built with a bunch of interchangeable parts. Now, I am not saying they are good by any stretch, but I do think they have the ability to rotate players in and out more so than the Bears. Bears have a stellar starting D. If they have any faults, it is their depth.

As for the Bears...I think this all falls on Trubisky's growth. I've got a few local Bears friends that thought early in the season they should go with Chase. I told him that's not the way to look at it...this D's core is probably going to be good/great for another 3-4 years. Let's see how things play out with Trubisky. If they win this week...I'm cautiously optimistic that he's turned that corner.

I think a more important thing for the Bears is their health. Especially on D.

Last edited:

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
That's it? That's the best you got? Come on man, try harder.

When the dust settles Sunday, The Lions will have mollywhomped all three teams that have beaten the Bears this year. But keep chalking them up as automatic wins, lol.

And yet.....still in last place. So....who cares who they beat?

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought we would go 8-8 this year and I stand by that. If that happens, with a new coach, new scheme, new players and a fairly tough schedule I would be happy. I never thought this was a true playoff team but the potential is there.

As bad as we played today, and we played pretty bad to be honest, we came within 1 yard of putting that ball in the end zone. If anyone told me that we would be that close to the Pats, who are the second best team in the AFC, I wouldn't have believed them, especially the way we played today. Hopefully the players are learning and will improve as the season goes on.

The Bears were 8-8 in 1983 as well and gave up 30 or more points in four games. Hopefully this is like the 83 Bears, a year away from beginning dominance.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This weekend could really not have gone worse.

Last place, at least it feels familiar.

The Vikings seem like they are getting rolling, which sucks for us.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This weekend could really not have gone worse.

Last place, at least it feels familiar.

The Vikings seem like they are getting rolling, which sucks for us.

I still think the Vikings are the same team that lost to the Rams. I'm not sold on them...their O-line is turrible.

Their last 2 wins have come against rookie QBs.