What shuts up brewer fans faster than free brats?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Twitter is for morons only....an open invitation to make yourself look like a fool in front of a large audience. Not surprising that it's so popular in today's society.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
If it isn't good enough to stop being a young douche, what does he have to do to meet the beckdawg seal of non-hatred rival player approval? First thing he should have done when it appeared he would get drafted is either scrub his social media or delete it and start fresh. Second thing he should have done, since he didn't do the first, is fire his agent for not looking closely at his social media. I'm not defending Hader, as much as I am tired of people crucifying young kids for what they've put out on twitter. I believe people are redeemable, especially younger people.

Well the first thing would be to come out and say how truly wrong the things he said were. I know he basically did the "this was a young dumb mistake" but to me that's a pretty piss poor attempt to cover your ass after getting caught. After that, if he wants to change my personal opinion i'd like to see him set up an organization of some form that targets young kids and points out that social media comments have consequences. Something like that. There's probably other things he could do as well but that's the type of thing I'm talking about. Another example is he could work on promoting baseball in the latin world. Surely there's some latin members of the brewers he could team up with this on.

Regardless, it's not just about saying something dumb in social media. It's about changing a abhorrent culture of hate on the "others." Hader certainly didn't start it but he's in a position to influence people. It's on him to do better than just saying sorry for saying racist things. If he's truly just a good kid who made a mistake he's playing with latin guys. It's on him to promote them to other people from his background as being good people.

Ultimately that's my point. Until he does that I have no reason to believe he's any different than any other celeb who gets caught doing something bad then says sorry it wont happen again. I want to see real change in a behavior not platitudes.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Twitter is for morons only....an open invitation to make yourself look like a fool in front of a large audience. Not surprising that it's so popular in today's society.
I'm on twitter, you twit. :slap: My target audience is on twitter, not facebook.