Lightning @ the Laser show. 10/21

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
El Gato continues to amaze in Chi Town. Kaner looks, acts, and scores like the true top 100 of all time player this franchise is blessed to have. Still in his prime, we have a shot every night and in every series. I think 2 hard fought series against superior depth have us down on a team that still has more hope than 20 other franchises due to Toews/Kane/Crow on any night (and yes, I am insinuating that Keith/Toews do not belong in quite so rich of company as top 100 all-time. I think they benefited from recency bias, winning, and the uplift of Kane taking all the focus) Ovi/Kane/Crosby/Kaarlson/McJesus and maybe Burns are the only current players I might consider for that list) You guys have Keith ahead of Kaarlson and Burns? Cups right?...I think its too rich for Burns...but Kaarlson is the best defenseman of this time.

So here come the lightning...one of the other 10...and a top 5 current team in the NHL. Gonna probably have to score 4+ to be in it whether Crow goes again or not. Haven't seen lines or goalie, but I suspect they go with Ward in this one to keep Crow moving forward and positive.

I got 5-3 Lightning, but think we will be in it and just need a bounce.

Rask's wish...My message to Q. Some lines to focus on building up.

Sad/Fortin-Laser-El Gato (I just think its the only place you can really put Sad Sad Saad story to get anything from him. He compliments Toews defensively, needs to work harder...but maybe back on that line opportunity wakes him. He was nearly a healthy scratch for Colombus until he got going again on their top line...I think you have to expect alot of him to get alot...fucking A...but this spot might be the right engine spot for Fortin if Saad fails at it again.)

AA/Hayden-Smaltz-God (we keep looking for the next Panarin, when Smaltz should be the one driving to the circle while the winger selected in that pairing should drive to the net, Bickell=Hayden...I'd try that, but AA is such a classic poacher and succeeds on Kane lines as the poacher. Adjust there roles a bit but Kane-Smaltz should be enough offense, they need a grinder/poacher to get going)

Sikura/Kunitz-Kampf/AA-Kahun (Kahun has some offensive teeth...put the Chezch's together with a playmaker/spacer and see what you get)

Fortin/Hayden/Martini-Kruger-Sad/Martini/Kampf

Kahun looks like a solid third liner to me. I'd just say he has won that spot if he hasn't won first line out right. But...I'd like to see some other juice there before I decide, season is still young. We need to churn these lines out.

One thing is clear to me...Sikura should be here or you shouldn't have traded Hino. The 3rd/4th lines are toothless without one or the other. sikura/Kahun could be nice with AA...at least hold their own and chip in as Sikura can turn the ice for them.

Kahun and Fortin are godsends, don't get me wrong we are lost without them. But Saad needs to be 1LW or all is lost anyway. I wish I could be his personal trainer...he shouldn't be this pathetic.

Remember these lines in 2 months....I think the outline above is the eventual pecking order. However, with this defense they likely all fail, and we need that trade+Forsling + Rutta to be better plus Joker doesn't hit a rookie wall.

They must have been hoping they could trade a defenseman with the 8 guys + Forsling being kept.

Can Bondra get here and be the Bickell this year if they miss the playoffs? Radovan Bondra might be the in house answer to line 2?

For reference, look at the skill on the big guy....not sure why he hasn't been rushed here and tried out?

[video=youtube;WeblK4Api6g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeblK4Api6g[/video]

He looks to be western training leg strength away from dominant.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are times when this team is an absolute embarrassment.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I have been critical of Ward. And he wasn't great, but to give up 5 goals and still have a 907 save percentage is ridiculous. 54 shots tonight.

Sometimes you have to stop the shot from happening in order for it to not go in.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 Goals, ZERO points from dumbshit Captain Donuts.

Thank God he scored a couple points in the first few games!

Why is Shitstain Toews still on this team?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 Goals, ZERO points from dumbshit Captain Donuts.

Thank God he scored a couple points in the first few games!

Why is Shitstain Toews still on this team?

Is he eating meat yet? Maybe Spartan could save him, help him realize the no meat carbon/cruelty brigade is meant to neuter men of their power.

We see how effective it is. Dude can't even elevate a slap shot off the ice. Keith has the same problem, but I blame Anaheim for his limp wristed ills.

Between Seabrook going Mr. Compassion after knocking the sense for life out of a Blue...that must have been some talking to by the commissioner, dude hasn't hit another man since. Maybe he had a spiritual awakening during his suspension or some shit, or just realized he would get paid the same no matter what as long as he didn't hospitilize anyone.

I still don't understand why Keith slides pucks across the ice at the net...he realizes thats where the shin pads are right?

And why can't Toews elevate a puck? What the hell happened to laser. I understand bodies breaking down, I understand they are old men at 30 due to punishment, I understand...but I don't understand why professional hockey players can't elevate a puck on net?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
That Laser show title was the perfect explanation of the second period. I bet ward entered the locker room like Denis Lemiux

[video=youtube_share;jvMX1Yan0Es]https://youtu.be/jvMX1Yan0Es[/video]

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A lot of that shitshow was on the FWDs as well. Seabs was down in front of the net with the puck loose after covering his man, Gus was on the weakside while covering his man. Puck was laying in front of him. Where were Kane and Schmaltz? In the corner choking their chickens.

A bag skate would be appropriate today.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears