Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WORLD SERIES: Boston Red Sox vs. LA Dodgers

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Parade_Rain View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Machado stepped on the First Baseman's foot again. He is such a turd.
    Saw that and again the announcers made excuses for him. Getting really tired of that guy's shit.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Laugh all you want, no one talks about Clemens as the greatest ever but that talk has started already for Clayton
    Kershaw greatest ever huh? Lmao

All-Star

Man this thread sucks, nobody is commenting on a potential clinching game.

Quote Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
    He would have to avg 15 wins over the next 10 years for him to sniff the hall. He has avg 13.9 due to injury. Not really a strong statement for a guy injury plagued and sitting on 90 MPH now.

He should get the Hall but all time has wins attached to it and I don't see it.

Clayton Cuckshaw.

RED SOX BABY.
    Proud co-founder of the Apex Homer Movement
    Hidden Content

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by CSF77 View Post
    He would have to avg 15 wins over the next 10 years for him to sniff the hall. He has avg 13.9 due to injury. Not really a strong statement for a guy injury plagued and sitting on 90 MPH now.

He should get the Hall but all time has wins attached to it and I don't see it.
    He's first ballot lock even if he never pitches another game.

Quote Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
    I said he's in the discussion, but hey, chirp up. No one argues his post season is sub par.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbeard View Post
    he's first ballot lock even if he never pitches another game.
    qft
    Hidden Content

CCS Staff

Fun series. Steve Pearce MVP, the redemption of David Price, and a World Series that threw all the rules of pitching right out the window. It's not like the Cubs winning it for me but the Red Sox have always been my second team so I'm pretty happy today.

Quote Originally Posted by TC in Mississippi View Post
    Fun series. Steve Pearce MVP, the redemption of David Price, and a World Series that threw all the rules of pitching right out the window. It's not like the Cubs winning it for me but the Red Sox have always been my second team so I'm pretty happy today.
    Given where we are in baseball now, are the Red Sox winning 4 in 15 years a Dynasty?
    Hidden Content

CCS Donator

Given where we are in baseball now, are the Red Sox winning 4 in 15 years a Dynasty?
    No. Different players entirely, but it could be argued that they are the best run organization over the last 15-20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Parade_Rain View Post
    No. Different players entirely, but it could be argued that they are the best run organization over the last 15-20 years.
    I agree, I think there is a difference. Thx.
    Hidden Content

CCS Staff

No, but it might be what passes for one now. With all the different rules in place to make it tougher for big market teams to steamroll small market clubs the idea of an old fashioned dynasty seems unlikely going forward. That might seem ironic in that the team with the largest payroll just won the WS but I think it's accurate. Winning back to back WS is extremely difficult as the Astros and Cubs found out and that's without any rules considerations. The fact that the CBT now includes draft and international signing penalties makes it very difficult for large market teams to blow through it for very long. A couple of years sure, but again winning back to back is hard. I just think we're in a different era than those Yankees teams which were, arguably, the last "dynasty".

CCS Staff

Do the Dodgers pick up Dave Robert's option or go looking for a new manager? If his contract wasn't up I wouldn't think they would make a change but with the option situation it might give them an opening they want to look at.

Do the Dodgers pick up Dave Robert's option or go looking for a new manager? If his contract wasn't up I wouldn't think they would make a change but with the option situation it might give them an opening they want to look at.
    Wow, Maddon is a lock here until he decides to leave, but the guy that got 4 division crowns AND 4 straight NLCS appearances as well as 2 world series is gone because he cant win the world series?

Every team was going against a buzz saw in Boston.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

CCS Staff

Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    Wow, Maddon is a lock here until he decides to leave, but the guy that got 4 division crowns AND 4 straight NLCS appearances as well as 2 world series is gone because he cant win the world series?

Every team was going against a buzz saw in Boston.
    The two situations are not close to each other for several reasons. First, Roberts has only been there since the 2016 season so that's three NLCS in a row and that's impressive, but unlike Maddon his contract is up now and he just lost his second World Series in a row and his mistakes in both were similar. If Roberts had another year on his deal, like Maddon does, there's no way they let him go but it is a team option. Second this is a young manager with three years of experience as opposed to the long career of success Maddon has had. Lastly if Maddon was in this situation with a team option I suspect the FO would have let him go, not because of egregious mistakes but because they could without firing him and a chance to move on with a clear vision forward. The Dodgers are going into a time when they will be dominant for years. Their MLB team is in decent shape and their farm system is stacked. If they were to have even the slightest doubts about Roberts this is the time to move on. Lastly, I never said he they wouldn't pick up the option, but rather simply questioning it. Ten minutes after I posted this MLB Network Radio was speculating on the same thing because of the bigger picture I've discussed here so it's not out of left field or something.

All-Star

qft
    Yep. Compare his numbers to Pedro Martinez and it's absurd to say Kershaw doesn't also get in on the first ballot.

All-Star

The two situations are not close to each other for several reasons. First, Roberts has only been there since the 2016 season so that's three NLCS in a row and that's impressive, but unlike Maddon his contract is up now and he just lost his second World Series in a row and his mistakes in both were similar. If Roberts had another year on his deal, like Maddon does, there's no way they let him go but it is a team option. Second this is a young manager with three years of experience as opposed to the long career of success Maddon has had. Lastly if Maddon was in this situation with a team option I suspect the FO would have let him go, not because of egregious mistakes but because they could without firing him and a chance to move on with a clear vision forward. The Dodgers are going into a time when they will be dominant for years. Their MLB team is in decent shape and their farm system is stacked. If they were to have even the slightest doubts about Roberts this is the time to move on. Lastly, I never said he they wouldn't pick up the option, but rather simply questioning it. Ten minutes after I posted this MLB Network Radio was speculating on the same thing because of the bigger picture I've discussed here so it's not out of left field or something.
    I think they will exercise the option and see what happens next year.

CCS Staff

Very likely. All I said was I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't pick it up. Surprised, yes, but not shocked. One thing that's different now is that conventional wisdom has always been that you never leave a manager, or general manager for that matter, in place for a potential "lame duck" year. That convention appears to be all but gone since Joe Girardi managed in his walk year, Joe Maddon is about to and both manager Buck Showalter and GM Dan Duquette were left in place with expiring contracts. Girardi, Showalter adn Duquette were ultimately let go. We'll see with Maddon and LA has a decision to make.

4 in 15 years. Never going to a game 7. I love being a Red Sox fan. If only the Bears would follow suit.
    Proud co-founder of the Apex Homer Movement
    Hidden Content

I guess part of it is how the front orifice feels about Cody Bellinger. Sure seems to me like a guy you just let play, let play out of slumps, let play out of his pure desire, let play because he is the best glove at first base. But starting at first, moving to cf, then being replaced (whenever I saw him play at least) was really screwy. this is a guy with 25 home runs 76 rbi's being removed in late innings. Kind of like how Maddon handled Schwarber when he did start. Takes the game changer out of the game in late innings.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    I guess part of it is how the front orifice feels about Cody Bellinger. Sure seems to me like a guy you just let play, let play out of slumps, let play out of his pure desire, let play because he is the best glove at first base. But starting at first, moving to cf, then being replaced (whenever I saw him play at least) was really screwy. this is a guy with 25 home runs 76 rbi's being removed in late innings. Kind of like how Maddon handled Schwarber when he did start. Takes the game changer out of the game in late innings.
    End of the day he got them to the play offs 3 times. WS 2x. Both times he was facing a superior team. He lost to a superior Cubs the year before. So he is beating who he is suppose to and losing vs who he is suppose to. I don't see them moving on from him. He is affect neutral and that has value.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast