WORLD SERIES: Boston Red Sox vs. LA Dodgers

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I chose wisely turning off the game after the top of the 10th.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
50 year old men that bring a glove to the game to catch a foul ball are dickless pussies

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Machado stepped on the First Baseman's foot again. He is such a turd.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Man this thread sucks, nobody is commenting on a potential clinching game.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Kershaw greatest ever huh? Lmao

He would have to avg 15 wins over the next 10 years for him to sniff the hall. He has avg 13.9 due to injury. Not really a strong statement for a guy injury plagued and sitting on 90 MPH now.

He should get the Hall but all time has wins attached to it and I don't see it.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
He would have to avg 15 wins over the next 10 years for him to sniff the hall. He has avg 13.9 due to injury. Not really a strong statement for a guy injury plagued and sitting on 90 MPH now.

He should get the Hall but all time has wins attached to it and I don't see it.

He's first ballot lock even if he never pitches another game.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Fun series. Steve Pearce MVP, the redemption of David Price, and a World Series that threw all the rules of pitching right out the window. It's not like the Cubs winning it for me but the Red Sox have always been my second team so I'm pretty happy today.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Fun series. Steve Pearce MVP, the redemption of David Price, and a World Series that threw all the rules of pitching right out the window. It's not like the Cubs winning it for me but the Red Sox have always been my second team so I'm pretty happy today.

Given where we are in baseball now, are the Red Sox winning 4 in 15 years a Dynasty?

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Given where we are in baseball now, are the Red Sox winning 4 in 15 years a Dynasty?

No, but it might be what passes for one now. With all the different rules in place to make it tougher for big market teams to steamroll small market clubs the idea of an old fashioned dynasty seems unlikely going forward. That might seem ironic in that the team with the largest payroll just won the WS but I think it's accurate. Winning back to back WS is extremely difficult as the Astros and Cubs found out and that's without any rules considerations. The fact that the CBT now includes draft and international signing penalties makes it very difficult for large market teams to blow through it for very long. A couple of years sure, but again winning back to back is hard. I just think we're in a different era than those Yankees teams which were, arguably, the last "dynasty".

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Do the Dodgers pick up Dave Robert's option or go looking for a new manager? If his contract wasn't up I wouldn't think they would make a change but with the option situation it might give them an opening they want to look at.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Do the Dodgers pick up Dave Robert's option or go looking for a new manager? If his contract wasn't up I wouldn't think they would make a change but with the option situation it might give them an opening they want to look at.

Wow, Maddon is a lock here until he decides to leave, but the guy that got 4 division crowns AND 4 straight NLCS appearances as well as 2 world series is gone because he cant win the world series?

Every team was going against a buzz saw in Boston.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Wow, Maddon is a lock here until he decides to leave, but the guy that got 4 division crowns AND 4 straight NLCS appearances as well as 2 world series is gone because he cant win the world series?

Every team was going against a buzz saw in Boston.

The two situations are not close to each other for several reasons. First, Roberts has only been there since the 2016 season so that's three NLCS in a row and that's impressive, but unlike Maddon his contract is up now and he just lost his second World Series in a row and his mistakes in both were similar. If Roberts had another year on his deal, like Maddon does, there's no way they let him go but it is a team option. Second this is a young manager with three years of experience as opposed to the long career of success Maddon has had. Lastly if Maddon was in this situation with a team option I suspect the FO would have let him go, not because of egregious mistakes but because they could without firing him and a chance to move on with a clear vision forward. The Dodgers are going into a time when they will be dominant for years. Their MLB team is in decent shape and their farm system is stacked. If they were to have even the slightest doubts about Roberts this is the time to move on. Lastly, I never said he they wouldn't pick up the option, but rather simply questioning it. Ten minutes after I posted this MLB Network Radio was speculating on the same thing because of the bigger picture I've discussed here so it's not out of left field or something.