Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I go back to Vince Evans but since McMahon we have had...
Tomzack
Harbaugh
PT Willis
Will furrer
Walsh
Kramer
Krieg
Mirer
Stentstrom
Moreno
Mathews
Mccown
Miller
Chandler
Burris
Stewart
grossman
Krenzel
Hutchinson
Quinn
Orton
Greise
Cutler
Collins
hanie
McCown
Campbell
Hoyer
Barkley
Glennon

Mitch looked like most of these other guys last season. These last 3 games, I see hope for us... He seems to want to learn and if used right could be our future for a while. Thats where Nagy comes in... Nagy seems smart enough to make this work. If Mitch gets even slightly better with accuracy issues, he could be great.

Already looking forward to the Jets game if only to see the progression....And of course a fucking win but it's refreshing watching this kid play.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You can have him.....out in Maryland with you.

Simply being better than the Bears have had isn't good enough. We're looking to compete for SBs not put up hollow passing stats. If you want that...go root for Detroit...

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
If he were putting up hollow passing stats he would be adored.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Even Mitch said it himself, close ain’t good enough. No matter how many yards. The objective is to win. Chances are higher when you complete passes. Every quarterback has bad passes. Even the great ones. But they don’t sail passes or are way off more than a handful in one quarter and continue in the first half. I think this gets corrected honestly. Do I wish he didn’t need time to correct this, of course. But that’s Trubisky, and not Mahomes. I’m happy with my quarterback. Hopefully he gets better and I’m rooting for him. Doesn’t mean I’m not going to judge him on his play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
True, but would you rather have Mahomes?

If he came with the coaching staff and the top starting players in the NFL, yes.

I honestly think he would be in the same spot Trubisky is in if we had drafted him. It’s nice to say we should had drafted a player after you see what he is.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You can have him.....out in Maryland with you.

Simply being better than the Bears have had isn't good enough. We're looking to compete for SBs not put up hollow passing stats. If you want that...go root for Detroit...

Spilled milk man... he is a bear... I like our chances. Of course I want to see him get better though.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I have no doubt if mahomes were drafted by the bears he would be about where mitch is statistically.

Imagine if we had a kelce type TE! One more solid target and this offense is top tier I think.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Imagine if we had a kelce type TE! One more solid target and this offense is top tier I think.

That right there has been the Detroit Lions motto for the past decade: if we only had....

We have a solid, and talented, team. No excuses.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That right there has been the Detroit Lions motto for the past decade: if we only had....

We have a solid, and talented, team. No excuses.

What are you talking about? Mitch had us going toe to toe with Pats. The Pats are likely going to the Super Bowl.

So we are competing with Super Bowl caliber teams and Mitch is one of the key reasons why we are keeping up with these teams. And you are complaining about what exactly??

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
He is better than anything we have had in Chicago.

That does not mean he is good enough.

He needs to find more consistency.

Mitch has already shown improvement from last year. He will continue to improve.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch has already shown improvement from last year. He will continue to improve.

I think so as well.

I have just come to the conclusion that this is going to be an up and down season.

But, if in 2018 he throws for 4000 yards and 35 TDs, and we go into 2019 needing him to be more consistent than that is not the worse position to be in.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is better than anything we have had in Chicago.

That does not mean he is good enough.

He needs to find more consistency.

Windy is on a roll.

Thank goodness Trubs has the Buccs and Miami performances under his belt. With those, at least there is evidence that he can perform. For me, that lends some hope and makes this whole thing a lot more entertaining. Hopefully the process of finding consistency is mostly about cleaning up details at this point.