Ill take Mitch over many seasons of QB ineptitude

Visionman

Liked Posts:
What are you talking about? Mitch had us going toe to toe with Pats. The Pats are likely going to the Super Bowl.

So we are competing with Super Bowl caliber teams and Mitch is one of the key reasons why we are keeping up with these teams. And you are complaining about what exactly??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pats hasn't won pn the road until Sunday. They left their best player at home. They lost their top RB. One of their top Its didn't play. And they still beat us. The Pats may get better as the season progresses. But right now, they aren't close to a SB team.

But whatever helps you to stay happily in,make believe land...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Windy is on a roll.

Thank goodness Trubs has the Buccs and Miami performances under his belt. With those, at least there is evidence that he can perform. For me, that lends some hope and makes this whole thing a lot more entertaining. Hopefully the process of finding consistency is mostly about cleaning up details at this point.

He played awesome against the Bucs, started out poor in Miami (and still made a couple bad throws throughout), and then an even worse performance against the Pats.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
That right there has been the Detroit Lions motto for the past decade: if we only had....

We have a solid, and talented, team. No excuses.

It's every teams motto! If only we had a qb...then we get a qb but we couldn't protect him. Or we have a defense but no offense.

Every team attempts to put themselves into the big game....

The bears arrow is pointing up.

My biggest concern moving forward is going to be lack of draft picks. But if the bears sign some quality, cheap players this team has a shot to win.

As for Mitch, he has to improve... I think he has shown what he is capable of and that is promising.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
True, but would you rather have Mahomes?

If we are playing the make believe game, I'd rather have Tom Brady, Brees or Manning.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
The Pats hasn't won pn the road until Sunday. They left their best player at home. They lost their top RB. One of their top Its didn't play. And they still beat us. The Pats may get better as the season progresses. But right now, they aren't close to a SB team.

They are close to a super bowl team. They are a super bowl team even with their best players out. That doesn’t mean we almost beat them at their best though. Sad thing is, imagine if they would have had Michel for the whole game and Gronk? We’d probably would have lost by more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I go back to Vince Evans but since McMahon we have had...
Tomzack
Harbaugh
PT Willis
Will furrer
Walsh
Kramer
Krieg
Mirer
Stentstrom
Moreno
Mathews
Mccown
Miller
Chandler
Burris
Stewart
grossman
Krenzel
Hutchinson
Quinn
Orton
Greise
Cutler
Collins
hanie
McCown
Campbell
Hoyer
Barkley
Glennon

Mitch looked like most of these other guys last season. These last 3 games, I see hope for us... He seems to want to learn and if used right could be our future for a while. Thats where Nagy comes in... Nagy seems smart enough to make this work. If Mitch gets even slightly better with accuracy issues, he could be great.

Already looking forward to the Jets game if only to see the progression....And of course a fucking win but it's refreshing watching this kid play.

I'd still take Kramer but that's about it and Mitch clearly has the potential to be better.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tr

True but if you are going to say that the Pats beat us because of Trubisky you need to look at the whole game. It was two special teams screw-ups, both returned for touchdowns that killed us as much as anything Trubisky did. It sucks that we lost the game and Trubisky had his hand in the loss with those two picks but that wasn't the reason we lost. Trubisky didn't set the Patriots up repeatedly within 10 yards of the 50. Trubisky didn't stop the run with less than 3 minutes in the game.

What Trubisky does do is give us a realistic chance of hanging in with these teams. He is going to make mistakes just like the rest of this team, which is full of young players at key skill positions. Sorry but that is expected.

Calling him a bust at this point is premature. So is calling him our franchise QB for the next 10 years. He may be a bust or he may be a great QB. No one here really knows and anyone that says they do is an idiot. He has improved but still has a ways to go. Like most QBs do at this point of his career.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

They left Tom Brady at home? They just beat the Chiefs but aren’t close to a SB team? Have you watched the AFC?
The Bears knocked out Michel. That’s part of the game.

Did you miss the fact that Mack and Robinson played injured? Does that factor in?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is better than anything we have had in Chicago.

That does not mean he is good enough.

He needs to find more consistency.

He is still young, experience wise. He is showing improvement, new system, new coach, arrow is pointing up. What is not to like?

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
They left Tom Brady at home? They just beat the Chiefs but aren’t close to a SB team? Have you watched the AFC?
The Bears knocked out Michel. That’s part of the game,

Did you miss the fact that Mack and Robinson played injured? Does that factor in?

It's as if some of these guys don't pay any attention at all to the little things and only look at the big picture. The Pats also didn't have Edelman for the first 4 games and Hogan couldn't get open to save his life. Gronk was double teamed and there ya go, no passing game. Hence why they played poorly at the beginning of the season.

me654

Liked Posts:
I go back to Vince Evans but since McMahon we have had...
Tomzack
Harbaugh
PT Willis
Will furrer
Walsh
Kramer
Krieg
Mirer
Stentstrom
Moreno
Mathews
Mccown
Miller
Chandler
Burris
Stewart
grossman
Krenzel
Hutchinson
Quinn
Orton
Greise
Cutler
Collins
hanie
McCown
Campbell
Hoyer
Barkley
Glennon

Mitch looked like most of these other guys last season. These last 3 games, I see hope for us... He seems to want to learn and if used right could be our future for a while. Thats where Nagy comes in... Nagy seems smart enough to make this work. If Mitch gets even slightly better with accuracy issues, he could be great.

Already looking forward to the Jets game if only to see the progression....And of course a fucking win but it's refreshing watching this kid play.

Ill take Mitch over many seasons of "development" ineptitude" ....there fixed it for you ;)

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
That's cause you kinda dumb and haven't even watched what he's doing.

Do you honestly believe Mahomes would have done better last year with Fox at the helm and Dontrelle Inman as a #1 receiver for most of the year? 5 of the Bears starting receivers and their top TE in 2017 aren't even on an NFL roster anymore.

Honestly?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Ill take Mitch over many seasons of "development" ineptitude" ....there fixed it for you ;)

Call it whatever you like. Just don't call it good quarterbacking.

My personal favorites were the yr we went through 4 or 5 in one season. Krenzel,Quinn Hutchinson and company... man those guys were terrible.

me654

Liked Posts:
Call it whatever you like. Just don't call it good quarterbacking.

My personal favorites were the yr we went through 4 or 5 in one season. Krenzel,Quinn Hutchinson and company... man those guys were terrible.

No doubt there were bad ones, but seriously that many QB's (+ more not listed), is more of an indictment on the org, not the player.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have no doubt if mahomes were drafted by the bears he would be about where mitch is statistically.

That's an irrational assumption. Mahomes is clearly a far more talented passer than Trubisky.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Anybody who has watched the bears' six games who thinks we have a problem at QB is a fool.

Is he the best in the league? No.

But Bears fans are more fixated on whining that we didn't take Mahomes than seeing what we really have. For a QB that has started fewer than 16 games, I can't imagine that fans are complaining.

Far from perfect, but he has played well and shows a lot of promise. Get him some protection and give him a fair shot. Very few here are objective. Many here judge a player not by what he actually shows on the field, but solely on whether he is better than some other guy.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That's an irrational assumption. Mahomes is clearly a far more talented passer than Trubisky.

It doesn't fucking matter what Mahomes does.

If you are going to constantly bash Mitch because Mahomes has better stats you are being foolish.

Jim kelly never had stats as good as Dan Marino. But he had a HOF career and went to 4 super bowls. Fans like you would have bashed him his entire career simply for being drafted ahead of marino. That's just plain stupid.

Every time a player is drafted high, he is drafted ahead of someone who makes the HOF. Look at every draft. The only ones to become HOFs aren't taken #1, #2, #3, and so on. Mahomes may be the greatest athlete in the history of the NFL. That does not factor into a fair assessment of mitch's play.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Do you honestly believe Mahomes would have done better last year with Fox at the helm and Dontrelle Inman as a #1 receiver for most of the year? 5 of the Bears starting receivers and their top TE in 2017 aren't even on an NFL roster anymore.

Honestly?

The whiners don't look at things and judge them using reason or logic. The same people who cried "draft Watson! Draft Watson!" are now complaining we didn't get Mahomes. They feel it is their duty to bitch and whine and they will never, ever judge the Bears' organization fairly. It's a Bears fan thing that you have to avoid ever giving the organization a fair assessment. Only criticizing will do.

These are the same people who still call the bears cheap - a 1960's thing. The Bears have been poor at a lot of things at times. But cheap isn't even in the discussion, yet many fall back on that constantly. That's just proof they are set to criticize rather than analyze.

The recent history has been abysmal. Lots to be unhappy with. But ripping the new staff and giving them no chance and grading them unfairly simply because the previous staff failed is downright stupid. We have a GM that has totally made over the roster in three years and many here refer to him as an idiot at all times.

You will not find a lot of intelligence behind their "analyses". Petulant children.