SuperDitkaMan's Nagy and Pace Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Jeffery's PLAY of the game Monday

Haven't seen many people talk about this, but perhaps bigger than his TD was the play in which he prevented an UGLY and costly Cutler INT.

It was early in the game, but that is precisely when those types of Cutler INT'S tend to break the teams spirit and things snowball.

Kudos to AJ for playing DB on that ugly throw and not giving momentum back to the Vikes.

Also...who else is tired of the throwbacks? It seems like the Bears wear them alot anymore and I'm sorry, but NO logo on the helmet looks cheap and dumb to me.

james sanders

DE/OLB
Liked Posts:
I think those 80s uniforms looks different, especially the helmet: they should wear those

20b8d5ff20b95890884792fd4627a9cc.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven't seen many people talk about this, but perhaps bigger than his TD was the play in which he prevented an UGLY and costly Cutler INT.

It was early in the game, but that is precisely when those types of Cutler INT'S tend to break the teams spirit and things snowball.

Kudos to AJ for playing DB on that ugly throw and not giving momentum back to the Vikes.

Also...who else is tired of the throwbacks? It seems like the Bears wear them alot anymore and I'm sorry, but NO logo on the helmet looks cheap and dumb to me.

its about time he didn't give up on a bad Cutler throw just because it wasn't perfect.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Throwbacks are best ever. And yes, let's praise Jeffery for making a play on a ball for once.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh.

I have been really disappointed by the lack of coverage this play by Alshon has gotten this week, because it was freaking hilarious.

*cue the Benny Hill music*

[video=youtube;vqzpjbs9wz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqzpjbs9wz0[/video]

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How's that for accurate? Jay looked rusty early but to be honest, he looks rusty early a lot, LOL. Just happy he didn't re injure the thumb as I suspect they would have held him out until afyter the break if they could have.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meh.

I have been really disappointed by the lack of coverage this play by Alshon has gotten this week, because it was freaking hilarious.

*cue the Benny Hill music*

[video=youtube;vqzpjbs9wz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqzpjbs9wz0[/video]

That was pretty illustrative of a player just going through the motions and not really being focused.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
That was pretty illustrative of a player just going through the motions and not really being focused.

Probably.

Or..

He was running his route an realized he was bracketed and thought "there is no way Jay would be dumb enough to try and throw it in this window".

Kudos to Jay for fitting it in there.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably.

Or..

He was running his route an realized he was bracketed and thought "there is no way Jay would be dumb enough to try and throw it in this window".

Seriously though, there isn't a coverage out there that makes Cutler think he can't fit a throw in. Jeffery should know this as well.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Probably.

Or..

seriously? thats why they invented the word "haters".

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think those 80s uniforms looks different, especially the helmet: they should wear those

20b8d5ff20b95890884792fd4627a9cc.jpg
Those are badass. Those jersies are so dark they look black.

And I wish they would use this super dark navyblue, or just go black with a red "C".

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The argument for a NEW BEARS OC...

We all know the 2016 Bears had more weaknesses than strengths. And while the weaknesses need to be fixed, I've always been a believer that whatever strengths you have, you maximize them. If you're good at something, maintain it, and strengthen it.

Running the ball was EASILY the Bears greatest strength in 2016.

But OC Diwell Loggains did not maximize that strength.

I believe the Bears should hire an OC who can maximize the Bears run game, led by Jordan Howard.

The first name that comes to mind for me is Greg Roman. He's a favorite to take the Brown's job apparently but I'd LOVE to see the Bears inquire.

His last gig was the trainwreck called the Buffalo Bills.....and it doesn't count. Rex Ryan made him the first scapegoat, right after he famously declared that he'd be the "first to go" before any of his players or assistants.

What counts is what he did in San Fran with a competent coach and superior talent in San Fran....running an offense that the 9ers to 3 straight NFC championships and a SB appearance.

Also there is this.....

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ar...n-review/25c58cf1-b80d-4700-b923-d7de4fd4653b

This is UNREAL. And it makes me sick. And OVERWHELMINGLY validates my opinion that our play caller should be replaced. ONLY the Falcons averaged more yards on 1st down. They cruised to the playoffs. Which means on 2nd and 3rd there was a SERIOUS lack of imagination in the play calls. Absolutley pathetic.

We have ONE skill player on offense worth building around. Jordan Howard. And Langford and Carey I think could start for a lot of teams too. Hire a guy like Roman and POUND THAT ROCK.

Bears football. Good defense (which is close) and BALL CONTROL RUN FIRST FOOTBALL.

Got the RB'S. Just need the playcaller (a QB would be nice too).

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Carey could start barring injury for other teams but langford has to be the worst running back I've ever seen as a pure runner stand point. Basically langford never learned to color inside the lines.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
No. Loggy was a bright spot and deserves next year. We don't know why he did not run more. Orders? Did not want to kill our future in a down year?

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I actually thought his scheme was solid. But he is NOT a good play caller. Yet.

And I'm not sure i want to wait around while he wastes Howard's best years.

Status
Not open for further replies.