Should Cubs Consider Eovalidi?

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure SP is our biggest need right now but I've really liked what I've seen from Eovaldi. Should Cubs consider him?

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
No, you can't spend money on starting pitching outside of picking up Hamels option. That gives you an approximate $85 mil spent on a rotation which is a little high as it is. Geting younger is a good idea but if they were to do that I'd use Quintana as part of a larger trade and get as younger guy for the #5 starter who can grow into more. I think there might be some fits with Atlanta so I've suggested Newcomb as a target in the past but that's just one idea.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
SP is pretty full with Lester, Hendricks, Cole, Q, Darvish, Montgomery, Smyly, Shitwood, lets hope we get Alzolay for 2020 and not block him into a trade too.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
SP is pretty full with Lester, Hendricks, Cole, Q, Darvish, Montgomery, Smyly, Shitwood, lets hope we get Alzolay for 2020 and not block him into a trade too.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure SP is our biggest need right now but I've really liked what I've seen from Eovaldi. Should Cubs consider him?

Yes because he pegs 100 MPH.

But I see his value as a set up vs a starter. There is always room for a guy like that and having a arm like that in lieu of Chatwood and Montgomery is very desirable.

I believe Theo has made some mistakes in the past with resource and may prevent a move like this. Chatwood for the most part.

In a perfect scenario Jeurys Familia would be more ideal for the Cubs. He has pegged 100MPH and has closing history.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
No, you can't spend money on starting pitching outside of picking up Hamels option. That gives you an approximate $85 mil spent on a rotation which is a little high as it is. Geting younger is a good idea but if they were to do that I'd use Quintana as part of a larger trade and get as younger guy for the #5 starter who can grow into more. I think there might be some fits with Atlanta so I've suggested Newcomb as a target in the past but that's just one idea.

I honestly don't care about the age issue. They are working in a window and when that window closes then they can concern themselves with creating another window.

Worrying about down the road is a distraction to the present. That is why signing Hamels makes sense. It helps now.

When that moment happens that they need to shed contract then that becomes the focus. I'm pretty sure that we know that it is not a half ass thing. Most likely it will happen when Theo moves on. Until then it will be more so readjustments vs a movement.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Its just the standard, look at this guy I never knew existed now on a world series team so we should get him that come from cub fans. Its really exhausting.

You need to consider the mind fuck you give these guys who are starters, see them selves as starters, want to be a starter, and just say, we are gonna put you in the pen.

It just does not work that way.

I believe KB has a problem playing the outfield, but never complains. Eventually you look at a slump or complete change of production.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
4 year/$68 million for Eovaldi to stay in Boston. What a fucking steal for Boston.