Bull non factor for 20 years wil that ever change?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't know if they've been a non factor for 20 years. But I haven't tuned in since the D Rose days. Only reason I'm here now is to see if someone posted about the shit show they played tonight.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
While this post is dripping with scathing sarcasm, the answer is 2012 when we added Rip Hamilton. At the time I legitimately thought we had a chance.

You thought the Bulls were going to beat the Heat in 2012-2013? I don't even think we were a Top 3 seed that season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You thought the Bulls were going to beat the Heat in 2012-2013? I don't even think we were a Top 3 seed that season.
I refer to the 2011-2012 season. They were 1st that year.

Even so, they were the 2nd seed in 2012-2013.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Will Paxson, Gar, just pack up Hoiberg and leave already?

I wish they would put a mike on pete myers trying to talk to felicio. I cant understand a word that guy says, Felicio is probably even worse off.

richb688

Liked Posts:
So there are no reasons this team has been bad? Are you then saying all teams in the NBA should always be good. There is no ups and downs? Sounds like bandwagon mentality to me.

Mind you, this is entertainment. Fans have every damn right to find reasons to try to enjoy watching something with out any of your approval. It's just a game.

When has this team had an up?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, they weren't. Bulls were the 5 seed in the 2012-2013 NBA season.
You're correct. Saw 2nd in division and misspoke.

My mistakes aside, the original point was regarding the 2011-2012 season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
2006-2007 5th seed in East, but sweep reigning NBA Champs in playoffs = factor
2008-09 7th seed in East, but take NBA champs and modern era superteam to 7 games to play in what many have considered the most entertaining playoff series in league history (at least at the time, and for many years after) = factor
2010-11 Best record in the league and MVP, ECF loss to a colluded superteam = factor
2011-12 Tied for best record in the league = factor
2013-14 3rd seed in East, DPOY = factor
2014-15 3rd seed, lost to eventual conference champs = still a factor

Purgatory since, hovering at 500 for a few seasons before going into rebuild mode, which is what a team *should* do when what they are doing doesn't work. You get rid of guys that wont be in their prime when the team finally acquires enough pieces to make a run. Now they have a lot of good pieces, but they are young as fuck and have a few dumb contracts(guess what, all teams in large market rebuilds do, that's the nature of the beast in all pro sports with very little exception historically.)

So if you're bitching about this team being bad now. Then welcome to reality, they are supposed to be bad. If you are saying they haven't been a factor since having the greatest player to ever play the game retired? Then you're obviously broken in the head, forgetting a lot that happened, and sticking to hindsight arguments that do not discount the team being a factor at the time. Just bitching for the sake of bitching.

The only argument a person can have now, is 'why haven't the Bulls formed their own super-team?' And that answer is simple. They have a shielded VP/GM that big name players don't want to play for. But if that is the case, and Bulls fans are stuck with it, the only thing left is to rebuild young, and right now they are actually following that plan after a few seasons of trying to save a bad team and cover up for spiting loyalties with, what is it 4?, prior head coaches.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
no but stop having reasons for why this team has been bad for the last 2o and a good chance the next 5 years-Jordan is long gone and not returning.

so your going to gloat for a 5th seed 6 years ago lol

This type of sillyness and whinging will not be permitted around here. Continue, and an infraction will be in order.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
no but stop having reasons for why this team has been bad for the last 2o and a good chance the next 5 years-Jordan is long gone and not returning.

You literally asked for reasons why the Bulls have been, in your words, a non-factor. Now you're upset that you've been given answers?

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back in 2012 I really believed that with the lineup of Rose, Butler, Deng, Gibson, Noah and Hinrich of the bench, the Bulls had the best chances to win it all.

Unfortunately those 6 only played a total of 8 games together.

EthanHarris

Liked Posts:
Back in 2012 I really believed that with the lineup of Rose, Butler, Deng, Gibson, Noah and Hinrich of the bench, the Bulls had the best chances to win it all.

Unfortunately those 6 only played a total of 8 games together.

This was the best Chicago Bulls roster in the recent years.