Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 22 of 37

Thread: Bull non factor for 20 years wil that ever change?

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    632

    Default Bull non factor for 20 years wil that ever change?

    The Bulls have really been a non-factor since their last championship year. This year is a loss no way can they compete with the elite teams and never mind the Warriors. Is there anyway this can change in the next few years?

  2. #2
    Three if by air Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the beef gristle mill
    Posts
    19,548

    Default

    Let's fact check that claim, and also basketball as a spectator sport is a domination sport by design, and it's been like that since the start of professional basketball (Chicago GlobeTrotters and onward, amount of teams that win). If you want distributed talent then look at the NHL because the CBA is completely different, recruiting is completely different.

    But to say not relevant for 20 years means you don't fully grasp point #2, that this is not the sport to watch if you are interested in only championships. That would be a league problem more than a Bulls problem, because in certain regards, the Bulls, as mismanaged as they seem, are among over a dozen other mismanaged teams, some of which that have won championships with such bad management (ie: lose a player that was drafted top-5 into the team, becomes MVP/all-nba and then fall flat to the bottom again). That's just the nature of the game. So to call any team that doesn't go all the way to win everything a non-factor is fairly ignorant to say the least.

    Reaching the conference finals, being a contender for a few seasons is a *factor* by every definition not written by a squirrel. The Bulls are a fucking train wreck, but this league is *full* of train wrecks. And the thing is, fans who see this and have been around the game long enough accept that being bad is good in spurts, being a last place team is rewarded in this league. So you need realistic expectations at whatever point in a build. You can root for losses, but to appear sane you really waive your right to bash the team for losing since that is ultimately what you want. And if you root for the team to win, you can't really bash them for making the playoffs (realistically speaking, with this build, this inexperience, this conference and star collaboration scenario). A failure is not showing progress on either front, because going back to your topic, that is what makes a team a factor. Winning or doing what it takes to draft a game changer.

    Or you can go all homer, meatball and just be happy no matter what or bash no matter what. Everything doesn't need to be so damn knee-jerk and polarizing.

  3. #3
    All-Star anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,518

    Default

    The standard answer is this will never change as long as Garpax is in charge. There was some hope when Michael took over the top job, but he has yet to have the balls to fire gar pax and their defacto college coach as they try to prove hiring Tim Floyd was not a bad idea, he was just the wrong man for the job.

    You look at Hoiberg and see a man that these players would not go into battle with. They dont run the offense, most probably because its just plain stupid and these guys one or two years in the league already know that.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    632

    Default

    it has been one long losing spurt for the Bulls-20 years. Yes a good team gets to the playoffs and are a contender.. lol they have been in a rebuild for 20 years it has never ended. This season is over before it began-lets be honest what if they get hot might end up 41-41 wow and that is not even a good chance of happening. This team is light years away from being a very good team.

  5. #5
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richb688 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it has been one long losing spurt for the Bulls-20 years. Yes a good team gets to the playoffs and are a contender.. lol they have been in a rebuild for 20 years it has never ended. This season is over before it began-lets be honest what if they get hot might end up 41-41 wow and that is not even a good chance of happening. This team is light years away form being a very good team.
    I would argue 2006-2012 were not rebuilding years for this franchise. Yes there has been a lot of bad since 98. No this team is not close to winning anything. Will that ever change? Yes, but not this year, and probably not the next couple either.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  6. #6
    All-Star RoseMVP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,564

    Default

    I think we’ll be back eventually. Everything comes and goes in cycles.

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would argue 2006-2012 were not rebuilding years for this franchise. Yes there has been a lot of bad since 98. No this team is not close to winning anything. Will that ever change? Yes, but not this year, and probably not the next couple either.
    that time frame they were mediocre teams and not horrible teams and that is still 6 years ago lol.

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we’ll be back eventually. Everything comes and goes in cycles.
    Has been a long cycle

  9. #9
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richb688 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that time frame they were mediocre teams and not horrible teams and that is still 6 years ago lol.
    I don't really get your point. Do you expect to be in contention for the NBA title every year? How many other teams have even had a reasonable chance to win in that time frame?
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  10. #10
    Oh I member! Scoot26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really get your point. Do you expect to be in contention for the NBA title every year? How many other teams have even had a reasonable chance to win in that time frame?
    There's been 6 different champions in the last 20 years.
    We now go live to the U.S. Government:
    Hidden Content

  11. #11
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoot26 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's been 6 different champions in the last 20 years.
    But shame on the Bulls for not being one of those 6!
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  12. #12
    Oh I member! Scoot26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But shame on the Bulls for not being one of those 6!
    And really only 2 teams have had a chance the last 4 seasons.

    This year a new team will have a chance. Though not much of one.

    In all likelihood the Celtics, who last went to the finals in 2010, will be the team in the Finals.
    We now go live to the U.S. Government:
    Hidden Content

  13. #13
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    632

    Default

    a lot of excuses for the Bulls being a bad team--------another 20 years?

  14. #14
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    632

    Default

    The eastern conference has not been strong for a long time

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really get your point. Do you expect to be in contention for the NBA title every year? How many other teams have even had a reasonable chance to win in that time frame?
    What was the last year you came into a new season thinking the Bulls were a title contender? 1998?

  16. #16
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was the last year you came into a new season thinking the Bulls were a title contender? 1998?
    While this post is dripping with scathing sarcasm, the answer is 2012 when we added Rip Hamilton. At the time I legitimately thought we had a chance.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  17. #17
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    632

    Default

    just tired of bulls fans living in the past and always having excuses for why this team has done really nothing in the last 20 years

  18. #18
    Three if by air Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the beef gristle mill
    Posts
    19,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richb688 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just tired of bulls fans living in the past and always having excuses for why this team has done really nothing in the last 20 years
    Are you under some disillusion that fans control how a team performs?

  19. #19
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    632

    Default

    no but stop having reasons for why this team has been bad for the last 2o and a good chance the next 5 years-Jordan is long gone and not returning.

  20. #20
    Three if by air Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the beef gristle mill
    Posts
    19,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richb688 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no but stop having reasons for why this team has been bad for the last 2o and a good chance the next 5 years-Jordan is long gone and not returning.
    So there are no reasons this team has been bad? Are you then saying all teams in the NBA should always be good. There is no ups and downs? Sounds like bandwagon mentality to me.

    Mind you, this is entertainment. Fans have every damn right to find reasons to try to enjoy watching something with out any of your approval. It's just a game.

  21. #21
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But shame on the Bulls for not being one of those 6!
    Why can't the bulls be?

  22. #22
    All-Star BaBaBlacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    18,058

    Default

    I don't know if they've been a non factor for 20 years. But I haven't tuned in since the D Rose days. Only reason I'm here now is to see if someone posted about the shit show they played tonight.
    "Briggs was nothing without Urlacher, more of a role player...." - HansGruber

    Mitch is starting to worry me. ...the guy cant even get a first down. - PrideisBears

    Fox's team, as vanilla as it was, was at least organized and functional. - Bearmick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •