Bull non factor for 20 years wil that ever change?

richb688

Liked Posts:
The Bulls have really been a non-factor since their last championship year. This year is a loss no way can they compete with the elite teams and never mind the Warriors. Is there anyway this can change in the next few years?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Let's fact check that claim, and also basketball as a spectator sport is a domination sport by design, and it's been like that since the start of professional basketball (Chicago GlobeTrotters and onward, amount of teams that win). If you want distributed talent then look at the NHL because the CBA is completely different, recruiting is completely different.

But to say not relevant for 20 years means you don't fully grasp point #2, that this is not the sport to watch if you are interested in only championships. That would be a league problem more than a Bulls problem, because in certain regards, the Bulls, as mismanaged as they seem, are among over a dozen other mismanaged teams, some of which that have won championships with such bad management (ie: lose a player that was drafted top-5 into the team, becomes MVP/all-nba and then fall flat to the bottom again). That's just the nature of the game. So to call any team that doesn't go all the way to win everything a non-factor is fairly ignorant to say the least.

Reaching the conference finals, being a contender for a few seasons is a *factor* by every definition not written by a squirrel. The Bulls are a fucking train wreck, but this league is *full* of train wrecks. And the thing is, fans who see this and have been around the game long enough accept that being bad is good in spurts, being a last place team is rewarded in this league. So you need realistic expectations at whatever point in a build. You can root for losses, but to appear sane you really waive your right to bash the team for losing since that is ultimately what you want. And if you root for the team to win, you can't really bash them for making the playoffs (realistically speaking, with this build, this inexperience, this conference and star collaboration scenario). A failure is not showing progress on either front, because going back to your topic, that is what makes a team a factor. Winning or doing what it takes to draft a game changer.

Or you can go all homer, meatball and just be happy no matter what or bash no matter what. Everything doesn't need to be so damn knee-jerk and polarizing.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The standard answer is this will never change as long as Garpax is in charge. There was some hope when Michael took over the top job, but he has yet to have the balls to fire gar pax and their defacto college coach as they try to prove hiring Tim Floyd was not a bad idea, he was just the wrong man for the job.

You look at Hoiberg and see a man that these players would not go into battle with. They dont run the offense, most probably because its just plain stupid and these guys one or two years in the league already know that.

richb688

Liked Posts:
it has been one long losing spurt for the Bulls-20 years. Yes a good team gets to the playoffs and are a contender.. lol they have been in a rebuild for 20 years it has never ended. This season is over before it began-lets be honest what if they get hot might end up 41-41 wow and that is not even a good chance of happening. This team is light years away from being a very good team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
it has been one long losing spurt for the Bulls-20 years. Yes a good team gets to the playoffs and are a contender.. lol they have been in a rebuild for 20 years it has never ended. This season is over before it began-lets be honest what if they get hot might end up 41-41 wow and that is not even a good chance of happening. This team is light years away form being a very good team.
I would argue 2006-2012 were not rebuilding years for this franchise. Yes there has been a lot of bad since 98. No this team is not close to winning anything. Will that ever change? Yes, but not this year, and probably not the next couple either.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I think we’ll be back eventually. Everything comes and goes in cycles.

richb688

Liked Posts:
I would argue 2006-2012 were not rebuilding years for this franchise. Yes there has been a lot of bad since 98. No this team is not close to winning anything. Will that ever change? Yes, but not this year, and probably not the next couple either.

that time frame they were mediocre teams and not horrible teams and that is still 6 years ago lol.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
that time frame they were mediocre teams and not horrible teams and that is still 6 years ago lol.
I don't really get your point. Do you expect to be in contention for the NBA title every year? How many other teams have even had a reasonable chance to win in that time frame?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't really get your point. Do you expect to be in contention for the NBA title every year? How many other teams have even had a reasonable chance to win in that time frame?
There's been 6 different champions in the last 20 years.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But shame on the Bulls for not being one of those 6!
And really only 2 teams have had a chance the last 4 seasons.

This year a new team will have a chance. Though not much of one.

In all likelihood the Celtics, who last went to the finals in 2010, will be the team in the Finals.

richb688

Liked Posts:
a lot of excuses for the Bulls being a bad team--------another 20 years?

richb688

Liked Posts:
The eastern conference has not been strong for a long time

kapooncha

Liked Posts:

What was the last year you came into a new season thinking the Bulls were a title contender? 1998?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What was the last year you came into a new season thinking the Bulls were a title contender? 1998?
While this post is dripping with scathing sarcasm, the answer is 2012 when we added Rip Hamilton. At the time I legitimately thought we had a chance.

richb688

Liked Posts:
just tired of bulls fans living in the past and always having excuses for why this team has done really nothing in the last 20 years

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
just tired of bulls fans living in the past and always having excuses for why this team has done really nothing in the last 20 years

Are you under some disillusion that fans control how a team performs?

richb688

Liked Posts:
no but stop having reasons for why this team has been bad for the last 2o and a good chance the next 5 years-Jordan is long gone and not returning.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
no but stop having reasons for why this team has been bad for the last 2o and a good chance the next 5 years-Jordan is long gone and not returning.

So there are no reasons this team has been bad? Are you then saying all teams in the NBA should always be good. There is no ups and downs? Sounds like bandwagon mentality to me.

Mind you, this is entertainment. Fans have every damn right to find reasons to try to enjoy watching something with out any of your approval. It's just a game.