Bigfoot Post Game thoughts Ducks vs Hawks

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Big win for the boys last night.

12-19-24 Another good night of puck possession for them again. A few times during the night they were able to keep possession for periods of time; not allowing the Ducks to get changes. Still think 24 would be better for a 3rd line role. This line has been solid all year for us.

20-15-88 Saad Panda gets moved back with 15 and 88, and pots 2 much needed goals for himself. Kaner buries his 8th of the year off a great pass by Gus. I honestly do not think it matters who is with 88 this line will always be a threat. I did like that Saad Panda parked his ass in front of the net, got him a goal, and a few other chances.

84-8-62 Finally got to see if 8 could carry a line. Still think 24 would be better suited for this line than 62. Schmaltz was much more aggressive looking for the shot rather than deferring(Kaner Effect). This line has speed, and want to see them together another game. This could be a good 3rd line scoring depth for us.

14-16-40 These guys brought the energy which is their job. A couple penalties on 16, but it happens. Hayden had a great chance in the 3rd but couldn't get a hold of the puck.

2-28 I could go on and on about Joker; This kid awareness and stick position is years ahead of what any would think a 19 yr old would be. He will be our next Keith no doubt about that. Keith played solid wish he would stop shooting into the defence, but we have been saying that for years.

7-56 Gus vision was amazing on the Kaner goal. This guy has some offensive capabilities and vision; still needs work on the defence end but wont complain if he keeps putting up points. Seabrookzival is what he is at this stage; want to see him more physical, but he has not been that guy since he killed Backes in playoffs.

44-23 They were not noticeable which I guess is a good thing.

50 Crow was amazing again. Came up big on a couple of legit chances by Ducks. With Crow in net this team has a chance to win any night.

I think given were we are at right now with the roster; we are a bubble team with a decent chance of sneaking in. Crow gives us a chance any night he is net. Still think we are short on depth on defence, but with Murphy coming back, and Forsling down in the A help might be on the way. Going to be a fun season boys no matter what happens.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews invisible as usual. You have to be mentally handicapped to still root for the guy.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gibson played out of his mind. Could have easily been 7-1

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Best Team D effort since the 2015 season.

Only "negative", need to work on passing a bit. Too many were not in the receiver's wheelhouse. Still, awesome game :)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Gibson played out of his mind. Could have easily been 7-1

reminds me alot of 2016 when every goalie gave us his best game.

Its understandable for the snowbird yotes to get up for the team the dumped them to a rebuild team, but every goalie just about stood on his head after the third cup. We have seen alot of that this year.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
reminds me alot of 2016 when every goalie gave us his best game.

Its understandable for the snowbird yotes to get up for the team the dumped them to a rebuild team, but every goalie just about stood on his head after the third cup. We have seen alot of that this year.
I would say 2013 was the year every goalie gave us their best. 2016 Darling was not as good as 2015 or 2017.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Big win for the boys last night.

12-19-24 Another good night of puck possession for them again. A few times during the night they were able to keep possession for periods of time; not allowing the Ducks to get changes. Still think 24 would be better for a 3rd line role. This line has been solid all year for us.

20-15-88 Saad Panda gets moved back with 15 and 88, and pots 2 much needed goals for himself. Kaner buries his 8th of the year off a great pass by Gus. I honestly do not think it matters who is with 88 this line will always be a threat. I did like that Saad Panda parked his ass in front of the net, got him a goal, and a few other chances.

84-8-62 Finally got to see if 8 could carry a line. Still think 24 would be better suited for this line than 62. Schmaltz was much more aggressive looking for the shot rather than deferring(Kaner Effect). This line has speed, and want to see them together another game. This could be a good 3rd line scoring depth for us.

14-16-40 These guys brought the energy which is their job. A couple penalties on 16, but it happens. Hayden had a great chance in the 3rd but couldn't get a hold of the puck.

2-28 I could go on and on about Joker; This kid awareness and stick position is years ahead of what any would think a 19 yr old would be. He will be our next Keith no doubt about that. Keith played solid wish he would stop shooting into the defence, but we have been saying that for years.

7-56 Gus vision was amazing on the Kaner goal. This guy has some offensive capabilities and vision; still needs work on the defence end but wont complain if he keeps putting up points. Seabrookzival is what he is at this stage; want to see him more physical, but he has not been that guy since he killed Backes in playoffs.

44-23 They were not noticeable which I guess is a good thing.

50 Crow was amazing again. Came up big on a couple of legit chances by Ducks. With Crow in net this team has a chance to win any night.

I think given were we are at right now with the roster; we are a bubble team with a decent chance of sneaking in. Crow gives us a chance any night he is net. Still think we are short on depth on defence, but with Murphy coming back, and Forsling down in the A help might be on the way. Going to be a fun season boys no matter what happens.

What about Hayden-Smaltz-Sikura

Fat-Medium-skinny guy nintendo balance.

In terms of intelligence, someone to protect Sikura,

Saad-AA with Kane is just the right move. Smaltz and Kane might be the two best puck carriers across the blue line on the team, always frustrated when they are on the same line with that.

Smaltz isn't a good enough finisher to warrant nerfing his best assets on a Kane line.

I'm not sure Kunitz-Johnson is fair to him at all...but if Saad can't get going with Kaner then he has zero value to the team.

I am coming around on Kahun if that line continues to possess and build corsi....he might be slow but he is strong on the puck and showing foreign competency/intelligence.

Third line will be a mess until you bring Sikura up, and then I think Smatlz has a weapon to work with. Smaltz ability to carry the puck will protect Sikura some as well and give him a chance to utilize his spacing and quickness. Those two need a net presence, and a chaos builder...I really like the idea of seeing what Hayden could do with them.

Big Kahuna-Taser-El Gato

Saad-AA-Kane

Hayden/Fortin/-Smatlz-Sikura

Kampf/Hayden-Kruger-Fortin/Hayden

Now we are getting close to something believable. I guess Kunitz is servicable to move the puck and keep minutes away from Sikura until later....I guess.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
What about Hayden-Smaltz-Sikura

Fat-Medium-skinny guy nintendo balance.

In terms of intelligence, someone to protect Sikura,

Saad-AA with Kane is just the right move. Smaltz and Kane might be the two best puck carriers across the blue line on the team, always frustrated when they are on the same line with that.

Smaltz isn't a good enough finisher to warrant nerfing his best assets on a Kane line.

I'm not sure Kunitz-Johnson is fair to him at all...but if Saad can't get going with Kaner then he has zero value to the team.

I am coming around on Kahun if that line continues to possess and build corsi....he might be slow but he is strong on the puck and showing foreign competency/intelligence.

Third line will be a mess until you bring Sikura up, and then I think Smatlz has a weapon to work with. Smaltz ability to carry the puck will protect Sikura some as well and give him a chance to utilize his spacing and quickness. Those two need a net presence, and a chaos builder...I really like the idea of seeing what Hayden could do with them.

Big Kahuna-Taser-El Gato

Saad-AA-Kane

Hayden/Fortin/-Smatlz-Sikura

Kampf/Hayden-Kruger-Fortin/Hayden

Now we are getting close to something believable. I guess Kunitz is servicable to move the puck and keep minutes away from Sikura until later....I guess.

well, I would rather see Kampf and Hayden on the ice over Kunitz. He is doing absolutely nothing. Now, somehow Saad goes wth Toews again and Kane gets Cat, you are looking at showtime again. I cant see either cat or Saad going to the left side to pair up. Would be nice to get Fortin back with Kane though, I just want to see AA take up the net during the PP. If Schmaltz is destined for wing then maybe he can get up with Toews.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you put Cat with Kaner we will be a 1 line scoring team. Kaner can play with anyone, Cat should stay with Toews.