White Sox Eyeing R.Soriano? Done Spending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Odds are they will regress. Unless you think that Sale will be better than Mariano Rivera throughout his career... Santos certainly has a much better chance of sustaining his numbers, due to larger sample size and a high BABIP.

WTF are you talking about? no one is saying anything about rivera, and 2nd, chris sale will probably not regress, probably will improve. wow.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTF are you talking about? no one is saying anything about rivera, and 2nd, chris sale will probably not regress, probably will improve. wow.

Yeah, Chris Sale is gonna improve... right. By doing that he is setting his career up to be better than Mo. I brought Mo into this to *try* to make you see how ridiculous it is that you think Sale will improve. Sale is not and never will be better than Mo.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Chris Sale is gonna improve... right. By doing that he is setting his career up to be better than Mo. I brought Mo into this to *try* to make you see how ridiculous it is that you think Sale will improve. Sale is not and never will be better than Mo.

the statistics you are basing this off of, is a small sample size, 23 IP. he didnt have a 1.93 era for a full season. so to try to use rivera as a comparison and evidence that sale will not improve is idiotic.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the statistics you are basing this off of, is a small sample size, 23 IP. he didnt have a 1.93 era for a full season. so to try to use rivera as a comparison and evidence that sale will not improve is idiotic.

That's the point I'm trying to make! The sample size is so small, how do you expect him to reasonably maintain or even improve that?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's the point I'm trying to make! The sample size is so small, how do you expect him to reasonably maintain or even improve that?

in a larger size, his numbers will go up...yes. but the overall performance in a whole season will improve the BullPen, and to say he is regressing going off of 23 IP is foolish.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
in a larger size, his numbers will go up...yes. but the overall performance in a whole season will improve the BullPen, and to say he is regressing going off of 23 IP is foolish.

Well of course having him for a full season will benefit the bullpen. How is saying he is regressing foolish? If he maintains these numbers, he will be better than Mo. That's not going to happen. Therefore, we can reasonable conclude that his numbers will go down.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well of course having him for a full season will benefit the bullpen. How is saying he is regressing foolish? If he maintains these numbers, he will be better than Mo. That's not going to happen. Therefore, we can reasonable conclude that his numbers will go down.

Really? 23 IP! if his numbers go up in a full season you cannot say he is regressing when you are taking such a SMALL sample size to use in an arguement of regression.

Player X comes up to the MLB, Starts a game, goes 7 innings of shutout ball. 0.00 ERA. so in your world if he comes back the next game and throws 6 innings and gives up 2 runs, he is regressing? please.

Thread closed.

Stop trying to derail every thread. im tired of the complaints from other users.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im hearing the rangers are the favorite.

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
That's what I've been reading too.

There's a great iPhone and Android App that collects all articles related to what ever team you purchase it for and pushes them to your phone. It's called:

LMK (LetMeKnow): Chicago White Sox

It's well worth the $.99. I bought it last summer and has been great, giving a collection of every article involving the White Sox. It gives you titles and a short description before you connect to the article. There are reactions to Tweets and Blogs as well. Very cool and informative...

LMK Chicago White Sox — Android Apps :: Applications for iPhone ::

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rangers look to be out, Soriano I guess is open to being the setup man for the yankees.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I think us getting Soriano is going to be known after we're finished with arbatration to Danks, Quentin and Pena. If we do have enough $ left, I think he's as good as ours.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Not really sure old bean.

:/

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
C'mon Kenny, this guy would complete the off-season for me. :pray:

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
It seems like nobody wants him or is willing to give him the money, the Rangers, Yankees and Sox have all backed out, either the teams are trying to lower the price or we are missing something bout Soriano

Status
Not open for further replies.