Line-ups being won

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From a pure numbers quality stand point, this roster is shaping up to shake down like this...

Kahuna-Taser-El Gato

Saad-AA Drinks U- GOD

Fortin/Hayden-Smaltz-Sikura

Hayden/Fortin-Kruger-Kunitz/Kampf

I could see the final roster shaking down to this before a trade out of system for talent. That third line will need juice until they put the point talent of sikura into the fuel line.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
there is alot to like with Kahuna, but he is really just out there lately with the captain and cat. I dont know how long Q keeps him elevated. I just dont know who is consistent enough to put up there with them. Fortin gets the puck to the net and Toews is camping there alot, just dont know about the switching sides with Fortin. Maybe he would prefer to be on the other side like Kane?

Eventually I think we will get the Kahun, Kruger, Kampf line of puck killing k's.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the lines that are working stick until they don't.

Ergo, Kahun, even though he's really just a body, might stay simply because he's not really a liability. While there could be better, there could always be worse--and not just slotting pointless waste like Kunitz on the lottery line--I'm talking about negative chemistry.

That being said, though, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if any one of the bottom 6 who was playing well got a shift on the lottery line--especially if Kahun was just there. But I don't think they try to fix the top line until it's broke simply to squeeze out an extra horsepower or two out of it needlessly.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Do you know who else is happier at the LW like Kaner though? I thought Saad tried to play there and it did not work, is there a liability thing with defending from the RW other than LW? Well, I guess Kane would trump that too.

I mean, the cup years, we had Kane and Hossa as leading left wingers. Are they just filling bodies? is it easier to learn the NHL from the rw so we can go back to having two studs at left wing?

Either way, Schmaltz has dominated on the ice defending, back checking, and somehow, unless he falls down, nobody can get the puck away from him. Maybe its who they end up paired up against, but he sure seems to be wanting to get back up to the second line. Its just AA and him are just bad at the dot.

Ima just gonna be happy when Kunitz is scratched so more kids can play, hopefully its Sikora, since he definitely seems like he can fil that bill at left wing.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kane/Hossa are/were RWs.

Schmaltz has some issues too...like shooting the fucking puck instead of deferring to Kane and losing a scoring chance.

Right now there's no real reason to worry about the top-6--it would be fixing it until it breaks. The bottom 6 as well as he bottom D-pair have issues.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think corsi will like Kahun-Toews-El Gato's game. Powerplay with Kane-El Gato is deadly.

I have come around to the don't fuck with it group. If Toews excels then the line is excelling. Fuck it. Leave it.

I think from what I have seen, Sikura should get Kane. He has great hands, can pass it back, and can use the spacing and ice flip the most. This gives smaltz Saad.

Kahuna-Taser-El Gato

Sikura-AA drinks you-GOD

Fortin/Hayden-smaltz-Saad

Hayden/Fortin-Kruger-Kampf/Kunitz/Johnson/Bondra

That gives Smaltz a fighting chance to make the third a threat, and minimizes Saad libility if that is what he is.

Give those two an energy guy and call it a day, they should be enough firepower.

After some thought, that seems to me the right spot for Sikura. He is one of the most skilled guys on the team in terms of spacing and hands. Protect him and suit him both with Kane and another guy who knows where to be in AA.

Nobody else has the skill set to blow you away at that spot, I think Sikura could set up Kaner as well as anyone else they have.
Moving without the puck seems his strength as well, suits Kaner that way. Its more that Smaltz can carry a line and AA knows how to find points next to 88.

Smaltz is needed to shore up a threat on the third line centered around his offensive game. He gets Saad, and he gets a Fortin or Hayden power engine of his choice, and that line might hold its own.

kunitz aint looking like he is gonna do much of anything...Sikura or a trade needs to happen quick.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I do seriously miss seeing Hossa on the ice.

And also, Kane deserves better then this current roster and team, i try not to take his talent for granted because he has been special for so long.