Who will be playing in the outfield next season for the sox?

richb688

Liked Posts:
One player who better be in the outfield and that is Jimenez, his career in the minor leagues is finished. Do the sox go after any place holder veterans for a season while the young talent is getting closer to the major league team?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Goes without saying Eloy gets a spot after we cross the extra-year threshold.

Avi probably gets a spot just to see if he's worth keeping longterm or trade bait.

I think we know what we have in Engel, Delmonico, and Leury. They'll probably rotate for the first month and a half or whatever, and the worst of the trio probably gets demoted or released and one gets centre and the other gets the 4th OF spot.

A lot of our better OF prospects are in the lower levels, sans Eloy, so Its gonna be similar names unless they go out and snag Harper lmao.

As for Palka, I assume hes going to be the DH going forward.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Goes without saying Eloy gets a spot after we cross the extra-year threshold.

Avi probably gets a spot just to see if he's worth keeping longterm or trade bait.

I think we know what we have in Engel, Delmonico, and Leury. They'll probably rotate for the first month and a half or whatever, and the worst of the trio probably gets demoted or released and one gets centre and the other gets the 4th OF spot.

A lot of our better OF prospects are in the lower levels, sans Eloy, so Its gonna be similar names unless they go out and snag Harper lmao.

As for Palka, I assume hes going to be the DH going forward.

Palka will probably platoon every once in a while in right. Unfortunately we still have Avi so I'm guessing it's gonna be Eloy, Engel, and Avi to start the season. It'd be nice if Engel could maybe hit like .260 and stop striking out all the time.

richb688

Liked Posts:
Palka will probably platoon every once in a while in right. Unfortunately we still have Avi so I'm guessing it's gonna be Eloy, Engel, and Avi to start the season. It'd be nice if Engel could maybe hit like .260 and stop striking out all the time.

I would not be surprised if a lower level free agent gets signed to hold the fort for a year.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
I would not be surprised if a lower level free agent gets signed to hold the fort for a year.

I'm not sure, we've kinda got a logjam in the outfield now with all the young guys in the system. Maybe in the infield I'd agree. However, as long as Avi is in limbo and Robert is in the minors, we're kinda stuck with who we have unless they make a play for a major FA. I mentioned it earlier, but injuries to our guys in the minors have really set the timetable back a year for a bunch of em. We could still see a chunk of them come up next year though and take over a few spots. I definitely see Cease and Dunning in the rotation at some point next year.