Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 22 of 103

Thread: Report: Cubs considering bringing back Addison Russell

  1. #1
    Bears zack54attack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Forest Park
    Posts
    11,551

    Default Report: Cubs considering bringing back Addison Russell

    I'm a Chicagoan till Chicago ends,
    Till we blow like Chicago wind


    Hidden Content

  2. #2
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zack54attack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grimson just took a dump in his pants.

    Honestly, if the Cubs have no intention of going after Machado, keeping Russell is the only thing they can do. You're not going to find someone with his skill at that price. Once he serves his suspension and doesn't have the cloud hanging over his head, good chance he performs a lot better.

  3. #3
    All-Star anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,518

    Default

    Cloud hanging over his head? This wife beating is never going to go away. I think it would be easier to forgive him for a steroid suspension.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

  4. #4
    All-Star CSF77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    11,524

    Default

    Only good hit he got were off the diamond. Alleged

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cloud hanging over his head? This wife beating is never going to go away. I think it would be easier to forgive him for a steroid suspension.
    Cloud hanging over his head meaning "am I going to be punished for this?" And now he has been. I'm sure some people will still give him crap over it.

    If Cubs fans don't like it, they can go cheer for another team honestly.

  6. #6
    Premium Member CRM 114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,469

    Default

    I personally never want to see that wife beater back in a Cubs uniform. I can't imagine why the Cubs would want to keep a mediocre player with huge baggage.

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRM 114 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I personally never want to see that wife beater back in a Cubs uniform. I can't imagine why the Cubs would want to keep a mediocre player with huge baggage.
    Did you cheer for Chapman?

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    309

    Default

    They could cut him. I wouldn't blame them. I don't think he's tradeable unless as a throw in or maybe a PTBNL until after the suspension and he can play some. I don't thik he's still a Cub by the ASB.

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castor76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They could cut him. I wouldn't blame them. I don't think he's tradeable unless as a throw in or maybe a PTBNL until after the suspension and he can play some. I don't thik he's still a Cub by the ASB.
    Cut him why? So you can play Baez out of position and use Zobrist and Happ at 2B? Gee that sounds amazing. NOT!

  10. #10
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cut him why? So you can play Baez out of position and use Zobrist and Happ at 2B? Gee that sounds amazing. NOT!
    I wouldn't do it. Just pointing out the possibility. I still think they'll try to trade him during the season to give each a fresh start.

  11. #11
    All-Star CSF77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    11,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cut him why? So you can play Baez out of position and use Zobrist and Happ at 2B? Gee that sounds amazing. NOT!
    Baez plays avg D at any position that he plays. His O out weights any lacking. This is the same argument that is pushed on Manny. 3B GG SS avg. Bat justifies it. Bryant. 3B avg bat justifies it.

    Your argument is tired and bias and out dated.

  12. #12
    CCS Donator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSF77 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baez plays avg D at any position that he plays. His O out weights any lacking. This is the same argument that is pushed on Manny. 3B GG SS avg. Bat justifies it. Bryant. 3B avg bat justifies it.

    Your argument is tired and bias and out dated.
    I wonder about the way the team (not just the Cubs) is made up and all the platoon nonsense, if in today's game, it's better to just have a best 8 hitters on the field and make some defensive replacements late in close games. That taxes the pitching somewhat, but plays into starters only going through a lineup twice at most and making the game a bullpen game from 5th inning on.

  13. #13
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSF77 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baez plays avg D at any position that he plays. His O out weights any lacking. This is the same argument that is pushed on Manny. 3B GG SS avg. Bat justifies it. Bryant. 3B avg bat justifies it.

    Your argument is tired and bias and out dated.
    lol I'm biased? says the guy who wants Russell cut because he hit his wife. Take your blinders off. You never answered my question why you want to deviate from MLB's policy on domestic abuse. Still waiting. Thanks.

  14. #14
    All-Star CSF77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    11,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol I'm biased? says the guy who wants Russell cut because he hit his wife. Take your blinders off. You never answered my question why you want to deviate from MLB's policy on domestic abuse. Still waiting. Thanks.
    MLB did what they had to do. That has nothing to do with what the Cubs choose.

    Reality is you are in the minority here. Vast majority are not forgiving. And don’t appreciate players awarded for bad conduct. And view him as taking payroll away from more needed players. And finally most fans don’t want AB’s taken away from their best 2 hitters just to satisfy the minority.

    Outside of that you can go along now.

  15. #15
    All-Star CSF77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    11,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parade_Rain View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder about the way the team (not just the Cubs) is made up and all the platoon nonsense, if in today's game, it's better to just have a best 8 hitters on the field and make some defensive replacements late in close games. That taxes the pitching somewhat, but plays into starters only going through a lineup twice at most and making the game a bullpen game from 5th inning on.
    I get it with the WS mentality and shoving Schwarber into DH. It holds more value than a PH that gets legit AB’s.

    I’m partial to a legit UI and a legit corner man. As can play 1B/LF/RF/3B and have him DH.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    34

    Default

    What's wrong with Happ at second? That's his natural position

  17. #17
    Hall of Famer Ari Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Peoria, Arizona
    Posts
    5,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you cheer for Chapman?
    And Chapman's gone. Just a three month rental. Never considered him a Cub at heart

  18. #18
    All-Star CSF77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    11,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garapp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's wrong with Happ at second? That's his natural position
    I think he played college between 2B and CF. Def metrics are pretty sketchy at best. But I think URZ150 is the least clunky. 2B -2.2(2017) LF: 12.4(2018) CF: -19.0(2018)
    RF: -7.4(2018)

    In reality he is a LF, Can play 2B but they chose not to. Had a 3.8 at 3B and has played 1B. So in reality he fits the Corner guy that can DH when needed. I'm not sold on him either but he has low cost going so the risk is min at this point at trying some experiments.

    But from what Jed said here in San Diego area it seems like they are targeting the pen right now. Which means Chavez and I do believe that they also target Miller or Britton. Adding Chavez removes Kintzler. Miller/Britton removes Duesing. Add to it it makes a nice 3 headed monster in the late innings.

    As far as the team goes. At this point with what Jed said: Status que. If a team wows them I could see a change. But it seems like they will eat the suspension with Reinheimer filling in as the back up SS. What happens from now to then is speculation. It starts with them offering arb and it sounds like they will honestly. Even if it is to flip him.

  19. #19
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garapp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's wrong with Happ at second? That's his natural position
    Happ sucks. That's what's wrong.

  20. #20
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSF77 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MLB did what they had to do. That has nothing to do with what the Cubs choose.

    Reality is you are in the minority here. Vast majority are not forgiving. And don’t appreciate players awarded for bad conduct. And view him as taking payroll away from more needed players. And finally most fans don’t want AB’s taken away from their best 2 hitters just to satisfy the minority.

    Outside of that you can go along now.
    I could give 2 shits about whether fans are forgiving. Fans don't make personnel decisions.

  21. #21
    All-Star CSF77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    11,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could give 2 shits about whether fans are forgiving. Fans don't make personnel decisions.
    This is a ignorant statement. Fans flip the bill. Any owner knows that

    Why do you think that they are putting up powderpuff pieces about Theo reaching out to Russell and his wife?

    Called drama to get the heart strings going. They want to bring him back imo. If they didn’t then Theo would have been a silent assassin

  22. #22
    All-Star anotheridiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garapp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's wrong with Happ at second? That's his natural position
    They prefer to use him to take at bats from Almora and Schwarber instead of Zobrist and LaStella.

    Its incomprehensible that bouncing players around the diamond might be part of the problem.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •