Report: Cubs considering bringing back Addison Russell

kapooncha

Liked Posts:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Cloud hanging over his head? This wife beating is never going to go away. I think it would be easier to forgive him for a steroid suspension.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Only good hit he got were off the diamond. Alleged

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Cloud hanging over his head? This wife beating is never going to go away. I think it would be easier to forgive him for a steroid suspension.

Cloud hanging over his head meaning "am I going to be punished for this?" And now he has been. I'm sure some people will still give him crap over it.

If Cubs fans don't like it, they can go cheer for another team honestly.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally never want to see that wife beater back in a Cubs uniform. I can't imagine why the Cubs would want to keep a mediocre player with huge baggage.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
I personally never want to see that wife beater back in a Cubs uniform. I can't imagine why the Cubs would want to keep a mediocre player with huge baggage.

Did you cheer for Chapman?

Castor76

Liked Posts:
They could cut him. I wouldn't blame them. I don't think he's tradeable unless as a throw in or maybe a PTBNL until after the suspension and he can play some. I don't thik he's still a Cub by the ASB.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
They could cut him. I wouldn't blame them. I don't think he's tradeable unless as a throw in or maybe a PTBNL until after the suspension and he can play some. I don't thik he's still a Cub by the ASB.

Cut him why? So you can play Baez out of position and use Zobrist and Happ at 2B? Gee that sounds amazing. NOT!

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Cut him why? So you can play Baez out of position and use Zobrist and Happ at 2B? Gee that sounds amazing. NOT!

I wouldn't do it. Just pointing out the possibility. I still think they'll try to trade him during the season to give each a fresh start.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Baez plays avg D at any position that he plays. His O out weights any lacking. This is the same argument that is pushed on Manny. 3B GG SS avg. Bat justifies it. Bryant. 3B avg bat justifies it.

Your argument is tired and bias and out dated.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Baez plays avg D at any position that he plays. His O out weights any lacking. This is the same argument that is pushed on Manny. 3B GG SS avg. Bat justifies it. Bryant. 3B avg bat justifies it.

I wonder about the way the team (not just the Cubs) is made up and all the platoon nonsense, if in today's game, it's better to just have a best 8 hitters on the field and make some defensive replacements late in close games. That taxes the pitching somewhat, but plays into starters only going through a lineup twice at most and making the game a bullpen game from 5th inning on.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:

lol I'm biased? says the guy who wants Russell cut because he hit his wife. Take your blinders off. You never answered my question why you want to deviate from MLB's policy on domestic abuse. Still waiting. Thanks.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
lol I'm biased? says the guy who wants Russell cut because he hit his wife. Take your blinders off. You never answered my question why you want to deviate from MLB's policy on domestic abuse. Still waiting. Thanks.

MLB did what they had to do. That has nothing to do with what the Cubs choose.

Reality is you are in the minority here. Vast majority are not forgiving. And don’t appreciate players awarded for bad conduct. And view him as taking payroll away from more needed players. And finally most fans don’t want AB’s taken away from their best 2 hitters just to satisfy the minority.

Outside of that you can go along now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I wonder about the way the team (not just the Cubs) is made up and all the platoon nonsense, if in today's game, it's better to just have a best 8 hitters on the field and make some defensive replacements late in close games. That taxes the pitching somewhat, but plays into starters only going through a lineup twice at most and making the game a bullpen game from 5th inning on.

I get it with the WS mentality and shoving Schwarber into DH. It holds more value than a PH that gets legit AB’s.

I’m partial to a legit UI and a legit corner man. As can play 1B/LF/RF/3B and have him DH.

garapp

Liked Posts:
What's wrong with Happ at second? That's his natural position

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What's wrong with Happ at second? That's his natural position

I think he played college between 2B and CF. Def metrics are pretty sketchy at best. But I think URZ150 is the least clunky. 2B -2.2(2017) LF: 12.4(2018) CF: -19.0(2018)
RF: -7.4(2018)

In reality he is a LF, Can play 2B but they chose not to. Had a 3.8 at 3B and has played 1B. So in reality he fits the Corner guy that can DH when needed. I'm not sold on him either but he has low cost going so the risk is min at this point at trying some experiments.

But from what Jed said here in San Diego area it seems like they are targeting the pen right now. Which means Chavez and I do believe that they also target Miller or Britton. Adding Chavez removes Kintzler. Miller/Britton removes Duesing. Add to it it makes a nice 3 headed monster in the late innings.

As far as the team goes. At this point with what Jed said: Status que. If a team wows them I could see a change. But it seems like they will eat the suspension with Reinheimer filling in as the back up SS. What happens from now to then is speculation. It starts with them offering arb and it sounds like they will honestly. Even if it is to flip him.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
MLB did what they had to do. That has nothing to do with what the Cubs choose.

Reality is you are in the minority here. Vast majority are not forgiving. And don’t appreciate players awarded for bad conduct. And view him as taking payroll away from more needed players. And finally most fans don’t want AB’s taken away from their best 2 hitters just to satisfy the minority.

Outside of that you can go along now.

I could give 2 shits about whether fans are forgiving. Fans don't make personnel decisions.