Report: Cubs considering bringing back Addison Russell

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm sure kapooncha still wants Addison Russel back even after the 11 page document was released detailing out the abuse in great detail.

Well he seemed to hit better back then....oh, too soon... oops.:tiptoe:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Part of MLBTR;

In terms of his ongoing employment situation, Russell was recently tendered a contract by the Cubs, though that is not a guaranteed commitment. It is not known the extent to which Reidy’s full allegations (or other information) were available to the team. At the time, president of baseball operations Theo Epstein said the organization wished “to try to become a small part of the solution for Addison, his family, Melisa Reidy and the larger issue of domestic violence prevention.” In a statement issued through the team, Russell apologized to Reidy for what he described as his “past behavior” while also stating an intention to “become part of the solution.”

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
To me, its pretty straight forward. I dont believe Addison has ever come clean with Theo, but we do not know that. So if the 11 page document coincides with any conversation Theo has had with Addison, then he stays. If this is all brand new again and Russell just keeps accepting what she is saying happened, then there is a problem.

I would think that MLB can step back in and say in light of the new evidence, the suspension has been extended to 80 or 100 games too or see you in 2020.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
They can't keep this guy. He's a fucking idiot and doesn't deserve to be in the league.

That part about him "jokingly" trying to trip his pregnant wife when they were on concrete shows what an utter bitch he is.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The "guy" side of me also realizes the one making all the allegations fucked Addison when he had a woman who was already 4 months pregnant, so there was cheating from both of them. I do not believe she has said he raped her.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
They can't keep this guy. He's a fucking idiot and doesn't deserve to be in the league.

That part about him "jokingly" trying to trip his pregnant wife when they were on concrete shows what an utter bitch he is.

Theo can do whatever the fuck he wants. The same people bitching about Addison will be the same fucking people bitching about the Cubs having a shitty infield.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Addi must have bought his approval with $600 rolled up In quarters also.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
honestly after I read the account now out, and if the Cubs knew about even halve of the actual PHYSICAL abuse, especially trying to make her have an abortion by tripping her on the concrete, I will not be watching another Cubs game until he's off the team.

And for people who support this behavior, they need a krav maga palm strike to their balls and then to their nose, pushing the nose bone up into their brain, hopefully in a million little splinters so that they at a minimum spend the rest of their lives drooling 7x24x365

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
honestly after I read the account now out, and if the Cubs knew about even halve of the actual PHYSICAL abuse, especially trying to make her have an abortion by tripping her on the concrete, I will not be watching another Cubs game until he's off the team.

giphy.gif

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
MLB has a policy in place for dealing with domestic abuse. Cubs are following the policy. I'm not sure why your pea sized brain can't handle that simple concept?

Do they really? It sure seems like they are making it up as they go. That Chapman abuse was out of the country, I am pretty sure this is as bad as it is because there has been no previous offender in the states.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
JJ, Grim, HHM. We've been through this. JJ put them on ignore. Grim, HHM, put JJ on ignore. We aren't doing this shit again in the Cubs Forum. You've been warned about it already.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Do they really? It sure seems like they are making it up as they go. That Chapman abuse was out of the country, I am pretty sure this is as bad as it is because there has been no previous offender in the states.

Isn't just about everywhere doing just that though? I won't defend what Russel's done. The reality is we're asking people who aren't in the business of morality to make moral calls. There are legal steps for these things. It all comes down to the simple ratio of does he help the Cubs win enough to offset whatever negatives he brings to the club. He may never pay another game for anyone or he may be a Cub for the next 15 years or anything in between.

MLB handed down its punishment. Did they know about this beforehand? Legally it shouldn't matter. They had the chance to speak with her before giving out the punishment. If she chose not to speak with them, what do you want?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blah blah blah

giphy.gif

Because we know where this is leading. Drop the act of innocence. We went over this a month ago. Cut the shit.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am completely against Addison Russell ever playing for the Cubs again. Cut your losses and sell low to get this scumbag off the team.

Plenty of other middle infielders that can hit out there to replace him. Guy's a head case and all of those thoughts of "future MVP" should be completely gone at this point.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I am completely against Addison Russell ever playing for the Cubs again. Cut your losses and sell low to get this scumbag off the team.

Plenty of other middle infielders that can hit out there to replace him. Guy's a head case and all of those thoughts of "future MVP" should be completely gone at this point.

Lmao "future MVP"

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
after seeing yet another round of christmas pictures with Javy and Mini mago and his wife again, I started to wonder what the team mates feel about this guy. I am sure I am not on all the twit and instagram stuff with them, but I dont think I have ever seen anything about Russell, his kids, announcements of his kids, or his teammates backing up Addison thru this stuff.

You wonder how torn the locker room is towards him. You would think someone would have come out with "I support my team mate" or "he is a good person", but I have not seen much on that.

I guess it goes back to thinking everyone supported Sammy Sosa until KW beat his boom box with a base ball bat.

Again, I am not on the social media much, so maybe they have, but you would think someone would have posted, or re twitted it if anyone spoke up for the man.

Just something to think about.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
after seeing yet another round of christmas pictures with Javy and Mini mago and his wife again, I started to wonder what the team mates feel about this guy. I am sure I am not on all the twit and instagram stuff with them, but I dont think I have ever seen anything about Russell, his kids, announcements of his kids, or his teammates backing up Addison thru this stuff.

You wonder how torn the locker room is towards him. You would think someone would have come out with "I support my team mate" or "he is a good person", but I have not seen much on that.

I guess it goes back to thinking everyone supported Sammy Sosa until KW beat his boom box with a base ball bat.

Again, I am not on the social media much, so maybe they have, but you would think someone would have posted, or re twitted it if anyone spoke up for the man.

Just something to think about.

If most of the Cub players were going to Theo saying "I want Addy gone, he disgusts me," then he wouldn't be on the team anymore. Plain and simple.

erwiggins123

Liked Posts:
If most of the Cub players were going to Theo saying "I want Addy gone, he disgusts me," then he wouldn't be on the team anymore. Plain and simple.

I agree but what are the guys supposed to do, call the guy a POS and get rid of him? No they support their teammate through thick and thin and that is what makes this teams so special. They genuinely like each other and would never say "get this guy off the team". Why? Because he beat his wife. I hate to tell you but if this were Mike Trout no one would be saying shit because the guy is the best in baseball. Im pretty sure Russell will never play another game as a Cubs but his trade value is so low. No one wants a wife beater on their team. So they have to release his ass. Then they get nothing out of one of the most talented player on the team. Baez will play short and we have about 5 guys who can play second (Zobrist, Descalso, Bote, Happ). So why do we need him? He can play defense as well as anyone in the league so we might be able to get something for him, but don't expect much unless u package him with Happ and a couple prospects.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
I agree but what are the guys supposed to do, call the guy a POS and get rid of him? No they support their teammate through thick and thin and that is what makes this teams so special. They genuinely like each other and would never say "get this guy off the team". Why? Because he beat his wife. I hate to tell you but if this were Mike Trout no one would be saying shit because the guy is the best in baseball. Im pretty sure Russell will never play another game as a Cubs but his trade value is so low. No one wants a wife beater on their team. So they have to release his ass. Then they get nothing out of one of the most talented player on the team. Baez will play short and we have about 5 guys who can play second (Zobrist, Descalso, Bote, Happ). So why do we need him? He can play defense as well as anyone in the league so we might be able to get something for him, but don't expect much unless u package him with Happ and a couple prospects.

I think he does suit up for the Cubs again in the regular season. Will he still be a Cub come July 1st? That's the real question.