Report: White Sox interested in both Machado and Harper?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't think Sale would come back. The whole cutting up the jerseys thing was pretty wacked. I think you're right in that they need to make him become the face of the franchise. On a team like the Yankees he's just another guy, on the White Sox he's THE guy that they'll put pieces around. They have plenty on their way and money to burn on others. Plus you magnify the chances of adding additional free agents when you sign a guy like Harper.

That cutting jersey thing is so overplayed by fans.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Reinsdorf weird structure of front offices always takes the office side over the player. It wasn’t just the jersey cutting. When he took the side of laroche I think that closed any door to sale comeback

If you don’t believe me on wierd front office structure just look at the bulls history.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Reinsdorf weird structure of front offices always takes the office side over the player. It wasn’t just the jersey cutting. When he took the side of laroche I think that closed any door to sale comeback

If you don’t believe me on wierd front office structure just look at the bulls history.

Jerry is very loyal. Nope, they'd take Sale back in a heartbeat. He can put finishing touches on his HOF career where it started and go in as a White Sox.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
That cutting jersey thing is so overplayed by fans.

Instead of just saying he didn't feel right that day or saying he was sick he decided to cut up all the jerseys. Brett that's one of the weirdest things I've ever heard of and borderline psychotic.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Instead of just saying he didn't feel right that day or saying he was sick he decided to cut up all the jerseys. Brett that's one of the weirdest things I've ever heard of and borderline psychotic.

Not in debate. The long lasting severity is. He was punished, one start IIRC. It's over, only fans think it's not.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Not in debate. The long lasting severity is. He was punished, one start IIRC. It's over, only fans think it's not.

Sure he served his time, but that doesn't make what he did any less crazy. Do you really want to bring someone back that can snap like that? He got into arguments with the management (that are still here) on several occasions, would he even want to come back? Just doesn't seem realistic to me. I loved Chris Sale the player. I did not love Chris Sale when he stepped off of the field.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Sure he served his time, but that doesn't make what he did any less crazy. Do you really want to bring someone back that can snap like that? He got into arguments with the management (that are still here) on several occasions, would he even want to come back? Just doesn't seem realistic to me. I loved Chris Sale the player. I did not love Chris Sale when he stepped off of the field.

Have you been keeping up with the bulls garpax saga? If so it’s a perfect example why they would never bring him back. Anyone that challenges a reinsdorf front office is history.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Yes I'd take him back. One bad decision does not make a person.

NdSoxfan2

Liked Posts:
I'd like to know about Harper in the clubhouse. He doesn't exactly have a great reputation in that area

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
I'd like to know about Harper in the clubhouse. He doesn't exactly have a great reputation in that area

He'll be fine. There's a lot of young kids on their way and he'd be the established vet presence at 26. A lot of guys to grow with for many years as a core. We'll see how things go in the next week though.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Every team is sports has at least one "high maintenance" guy it has to handle. Everyone who doesn't want Harper or Manny (Why?) seems to forget the only time we've seen our team win the whole thing it had Crazy Carl and AJ in the everyday lineup. Bobby Jenks wasn't the easiest guy to manage, either.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Regardless of Manny Machado”s final destination ,the White Sox offer will be close to $132 million more than any they have ever offered.Previous high, Jose Abreu $68 million- Paul Konerko $60 mil- Adam Dunn $56 mil. Albert Belle $55 mil. Dunn’s $14 mil AAV highest per season .</p>— Bruce Levine (@MLBBruceLevine) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBBruceLevine/status/1083386783537217536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Regardless of Manny Machado”s final destination ,the White Sox offer will be close to $132 million more than any they have ever offered.Previous high, Jose Abreu $68 million- Paul Konerko $60 mil- Adam Dunn $56 mil. Albert Belle $55 mil. Dunn’s $14 mil AAV highest per season .</p>— Bruce Levine (@MLBBruceLevine) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBBruceLevine/status/1083386783537217536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So that means at least 244 million if Bruce is to be believed since A-rod's quite publically was IIRC 112 million.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
So that means at least 244 million if Bruce is to be believed since A-rod's quite publically was IIRC 112 million.

I think Bruce was being a dumbass and was considering Abreu's contract as the highest. Based on the wording he used he's completely wrong as you've stated about Arod. They also offered more to Cespedes and Tanaka if I'm not mistaken.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I think you're right on those two as well

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
I think you're right on those two as well

I've been all over searching on Twitter for weeks since word broke about Harper, and then Machado,so I saw his Tweet come out. Sox fans are blasting him left and right for being a Cubs Shill. It's actually kinda funny.