Blackhawks fire Q

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
For everyone saying the wrong guy was fired, it's not a mutually exclusive conversation. Both have lasted beyond their ego's of winning 3 cups.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Q did a really good job, but his time has passed. StanBo should have been tossed with him.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bowman should've been gone at least a year ago. :sweep: For me, the Panarin/Saad trade and the Hammer/murphy trade were beyond awful, especially considering the loyalty Hammer showed the organization by giving the team a whopping home-town discount, on his current K, which he would've done again. The Panarin giveaway, ...er trade, baffles the imagination. The long-term loyalty Ks were bad, too, especially the one for Seabs was a complete head scratcher. The Toews K is bad, but no one knew how much Toews performance would falter after he signed the K. Only Kane and Crow have earned their money, Keith somewhat. SMH!

Yep, those 2 trades oooooooh that smell, and then that Seabrook money, still has 5 more years. :eek:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
As I said in the other thread before it went bye bye... It's hilarious to see the outside response to this. I'm on a unrelated board and they are dumbfounded on how you can fire a coach after wining 3 in 6 years. The wings fan says he wants to scoop him up with Stevie Y and they'd be unstoppable, and the blows fan is trying to get him in before christmas. Others saying he'll be hired by the end of the week. I don't know if this is just how good the PR machine has been to hide the failures of the staff and front office, but record aside anyone who follows the Hawks know that this isn't the same Q that won the 3 cups. And anyone who thinks he's the perfect guy to lead their rebuild to a cup just has no clue.

I agree, there is no way Q can handle a rebuild, but that team of underachieving veterans who should be winning more are a team that will get somewhere faster with Q. I just cant see anyone in the east wanting him since he does not preach a physical game.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Ok so the thread consensus is pretty mutual here

What can you guys offer info wise on our new coach?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, last year I thought Ulf was brought in to be the next coach, but I was corrected by being told Colliton would be.

Just worries me more since it feels like its another master plan by the stans.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bowman had zero to do with the firing/hiring....he's on the clock. The only thing that could save his ass is a deep playoff run and I think we pretty much know that's not happening. Once the Hawks are eliminated, he will be gone in short order....maybe even before depending on how the team responds. He has already been allowed to do way too much damage.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bowman had zero to do with the firing/hiring....he's on the clock. The only thing that could save his ass is a deep playoff run and I think we pretty much know that's not happening. Once the Hawks are eliminated, he will be gone in short order....maybe even before depending on how the team responds. He has already been allowed to do way too much damage.

Feel the same way

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

McDonuts came out strong for the stans. He said this is the first head coach he has been allowed to hire and is is excited to see what happens. He said he is excited for the roster he has put together.

Sounds like McDonuts is the one that is the sounding board for stan not having his players used as he has chosen them.

I will be excited if I see Dylan Sikora up for Thursdays game.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
McDonuts came out strong for the stans. He said this is the first head coach he has been allowed to hire and is is excited to see what happens. He said he is excited for the roster he has put together.

Sounds like McDonuts is the one that is the sounding board for stan not having his players used as he has chosen them.

I will be excited if I see Dylan Sikora up for Thursdays game.

We'll see how "excited" he is when the Hawks are watching the playoffs on TV......

I hope Sikora is just the beginning of a youth/speed infusion which is so drastically needed....I've had my fill of end of the line veterans eating up ice time.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I just want to see how Colliton uses the lines. There was talk that Cat should be on Kanes line, lets see if that includes Schmaltz or they just go as they have been with no changes.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I just want to see how Colliton uses the lines. There was talk that Cat should be on Kanes line, lets see if that includes Schmaltz or they just go as they have been with no changes.

Can't wait till he starts juggling them and people flip out that he's Q 2.0

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wrong guy fired. I still can't forgive Bowman for trading away Panarin.

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

The reality of the Panarin trade was not that Bowman traded him but the fact of his mismanaging player salaries and the cap left no money to pay him...he painted himself into a corner where he was forced to trade by being monetarily inept and completely lacking of vision.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The reality of the Panarin trade was not that Bowman traded him but the fact of his mismanaging player salaries and the cap left no money to pay him...he painted himself into a corner where he was forced to trade by being monetarily inept and completely lacking of vision.

Actually, the reality of the trade is that it made business sense but not hockey sense. He traded a longer term probably into a short term problem with a gamble. Everyone thought Saad would be good. As good as Breadman probably not but no one thought he'd flop as hard as he did. The fact is that looking at the trade if Breadman flops no one cares. Folks are just upset because the player side of it didn't work out. The business side of it still worked, or at least did until the flexibility that it gave him was then bungled. He sacrificed losing breadman for nothing in order to secure a longer term quantity for a set amount.... yet then did what with that. Technically it should have opened up at least 2 Mil for next year and yet he's still farting around with some shitty contracts and trades to bring old vets in.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

what pissed me off was the same thing that pissed me off with Saad. Bowman offered a bridge contract so he had room, he said no, so he was dealt. They made an offer to Darling, he said no. Gone. Same deal with Panarin. Stan wanted another year or two at 4 million, but Panarin already made that with his bonus money. Panarin said no, he was gone. The bigger question I had was why bring back the guy you shipped out last year and if so, why did they not try to get Panarin back. Sure saad was set at 6 million for 3 more years, where Panarins agent thinks he will be getting 10.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Here's an excerpt from Powers' article from tonight:

One league source recently said he wasn’t sure if the Blackhawks should commit a long-term deal to Schmaltz. The source thought the Blackhawks would be better off giving him a bridge deal or even trading him because he hadn’t been consistent enough.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some thoughts:

The timing and public letter stink pretty bad to me.

This determination must have been made in the off-season. I thought their start at 6-2-2 and then even performance in the stretch they were in was better than could be expected with youth and talent level, new defenders, goalie out early, etc.

What record did Q have to have to be kept or were they just looking for the first opportunity?

The second reason I smell a pre-planned job is because the length and polish of the letter. That letter press release just smells cold, not oven fresh after a hard decision.

Sounds decided, written, proof read, sat on the shelf, pulled back out....some finish on it. Then chilled for more than its 5 minutes.

The organization needs an overhaul, so for the most part I'm what evs, got to start somewhere. The training techniques and size/speed eval in young talent for me are the two most important pivotal changes needed.

This team needs to get bigger and faster.

My last thought is if Q was coaching for his job, he should at least have the 12 best forwards in the system on his squad. Sikora is clearly a top 12 player, and for Q to fall with that playmaker in rockford to me is stupid.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Some thoughts:

The timing and public letter stink pretty bad to me.

This determination must have been made in the off-season. I thought their start at 6-2-2 and then even performance in the stretch they were in was better than could be expected with youth and talent level, new defenders, goalie out early, etc.

What record did Q have to have to be kept or were they just looking for the first opportunity?

The second reason I smell a pre-planned job is because the length and polish of the letter. That letter press release just smells cold, not oven fresh after a hard decision.

Sounds decided, written, proof read, sat on the shelf, pulled back out....some finish on it. Then chilled for more than its 5 minutes.

The organization needs an overhaul, so for the most part I'm what evs, got to start somewhere. The training techniques and size/speed eval in young talent for me are the two most important pivotal changes needed.

This team needs to get bigger and faster.

My last thought is if Q was coaching for his job, he should at least have the 12 best forwards in the system on his squad. Sikora is clearly a top 12 player, and for Q to fall with that playmaker in rockford to me is stupid.

Thats why I thought they waited for Collitons wife to have their baby so he did not miss time with the team. There was far too much animosity between Bowman and Q. I thought trading Panarin really made the rift unrepairable.

As far as Dylan being in rockford, you know how Stan holds players back to save the control before he gives them the take it or leave it bridge contract offer. But I keep getting back to Dylan being 23 already and something must be keeping him back.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yeo, Mike, Fired last night in St Louis. Is Q going back to his old stomping grounds to be a thorn in our side?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
^^^Possible, but who knows.