Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Don't know where the last one went.... sorry.

Use this one.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I do not think i hit a button, but is possible. Browsing on my phone.

Ulf and Dineen gone as well

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Barry Smith is coming in with Collition, and Granto is staying

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks fired the wrong guy. Bowman constantly makes trades young prospects to bring back aging former Hawks players. Bowman didn't even build the core of this team and probably wouldn't even have this job if not for his dad.

I am glad they went with a young coach though. I'd rather they have kept Q but this is the next best thing.

Put your trust into the Captain, Hawks fans. He'll see us through these trying times.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks fired the wrong guy. Bowman constantly makes trades young prospects to bring back aging former Hawks players. Bowman didn't even build the core of this team and probably wouldn't even have this job if not for his dad.

I am glad they went with a young coach though. I'd rather they have kept Q but this is the next best thing.

Put your trust into the Captain, Hawks fans. He'll see us through these trying times.

Until he gets the new coach fired too.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I know, right?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
wow, would have really been better to have done it before the year started.

I guess we see how the coach in training does handling kids, see if Fortin gets moved up where he can score or if they try to get Breadman back now.

REally did not like how Q handled the kids, the betterans were always the option (see Kunitz), but you cant beat the success they had.

Could have kept Danine, but Ulf had to go. Lets hope the clearing pucks up the middle stops now.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I remember one of the last games Pat Foley congratulated Collison on the birth of his third child, so I guess maybe they were waiting for him to have the baby so he did not miss any time with the team if he took over before the season started.

I wonder what team fires their coach and signs Q. How long do you think he will be out?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Scapegoat firing this gives bowman what two more years?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Changes needed to be made, but maybe more so the assistants and Stan.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Changes needed to be made, but maybe more so the assistants and Stan.

Absolutely I don’t mind q being fired. I just think bowman getting a pass stinks. He’s the one who traded our assets for bums. He’s the one who locked people into the back breaking contracts. None of that is q fault. Q not embracing the youth is 100% his fault.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Q's style was hampered by the players Bowman supplied him with but on the other hand....Q wouldn't adapt to the roster he was given. Bowman has also put the franchise in a financial bind with the horrid contracts he handed out. Not buying that Bowman gets more time...this isn't the NFL. I'm guessing that the clock is ticking down for him right now.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
As I said in the other thread before it went bye bye... It's hilarious to see the outside response to this. I'm on a unrelated board and they are dumbfounded on how you can fire a coach after wining 3 in 6 years. The wings fan says he wants to scoop him up with Stevie Y and they'd be unstoppable, and the blows fan is trying to get him in before christmas. Others saying he'll be hired by the end of the week. I don't know if this is just how good the PR machine has been to hide the failures of the staff and front office, but record aside anyone who follows the Hawks know that this isn't the same Q that won the 3 cups. And anyone who thinks he's the perfect guy to lead their rebuild to a cup just has no clue.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Absolutely I don’t mind q being fired. I just think bowman getting a pass stinks. He’s the one who traded our assets for bums. He’s the one who locked people into the back breaking contracts. None of that is q fault. Q not embracing the youth is 100% his fault.

I think Bowman will get a pass as long as he likes, he's not going anywhere. He's McDicks special little friend and to fire him would reflect on him negatively and he just simply couldn't have that, plus the guy has 0 hockey knowledge and would be in charge of hiring the GM? He's probably try to hire Jed Hoyer to run the hawks.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bowman should've been gone at least a year ago. :sweep: For me, the Panarin/Saad trade and the Hammer/murphy trade were beyond awful, especially considering the loyalty Hammer showed the organization by giving the team a whopping home-town discount, on his current K, which he would've done again. The Panarin giveaway, ...er trade, baffles the imagination. The long-term loyalty Ks were bad, too, especially the one for Seabs was a complete head scratcher. The Toews K is bad, but no one knew how much Toews performance would falter after he signed the K. Only Kane and Crow have earned their money, Keith somewhat. SMH!

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wrong guy fired. I still can't forgive Bowman for trading away Panarin.

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk