Thoughts on Cameron Meredith

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In other words, I'll just cop out the back door while simultaneously running in circles.

Nothing new to see here folks.

No more like Bears fans always quick to draw conclusions when it makes Bears look good so let me point out ARob has under performed and watch the emo.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
No more like Bears fans always quick to draw conclusions when it makes Bears look good so let me point out ARob has under performed and watch the emo.

When the salesman is the only one buying the snake oil, it's not the consumers problem.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Take it up with the Jedi Council.

Luke Skywalker really "underperformed" in Empire Strikes Back. Failed to save Han, lost to Darth Vader, missing a hand, earlier caught by Wampa, etc.

I love how you continue to use that "underperforming" term without offering any explanation other than a few games' worth of stats. Absolutely clueless.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remy, I hope you're a big dude. I can see you pissing off people at bars on a good day.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Luke Skywalker really "underperformed" in Empire Strikes Back. Failed to save Han, lost to Darth Vader, missing a hand, earlier caught by Wampa, etc.

I love how you continue to use that "underperforming" term without offering any explanation other than a few games' worth of stats. Absolutely clueless.

Thanked for the Skywalker reference.

He underperformed in the first 6 games based on his stats in those games. 47 yards per game for a No 1 is underperforming statistically. Not sure what confuses you.

Let's just say Arob played like Skywalker in Empire and was disappointing. Let's hope Sunday was the beginning of the Return of the Jedi Robinson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy, I hope you're a big dude. I can see you pissing off people at bars on a good day.

I piss people off at home, work or at the bar. It is a particular gift that I have learned to embrace. About to speak at a conference today where I will piss off the legal profession with what I have to say.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
He underperformed in the first 6 games based on his stats in those games. 47 yards per game for a No 1 is underperforming statistically. Not sure what confuses you.

So, based on what you saw, Allen Robinson did not perform well (hence "underperformed")? I'm trying to separate performance from production, because you can't simply hand the WR the ball (unless it's Trey Burton getting shovel pass TD after shovel pass TD). A WRs production is dependent on the offense, the QB, the defensive coverage. I thought Robinson being on the field drew the focus of the defense, allowing Gabriel and Cohen to get 1-on-1 matchups underneath. I thought Trubisky did well by NOT forcing the ball to Robinson simply because Robinson is the WR1. This is borne out by the fact that the Bears offense has performed well with Robinson as their WR1.

WR production is, by nature, inconsistent. To form a 'narrative' after 6 games is ridiculous. To form an INCORRECT narrative after 6 games is inexcusable.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A No 1 is expected to produce as a No 1 not to be merely a decoy or open things up for others.

I assessed his production after 6 games and found it lacking. I also said I would revise that evaluation as more data came in so not sure your beef.

47 yards per game doesnt cut it period. He had a big game and hopefully more are in his future.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
A No 1 is expected to produce as a No 1 not to be merely a decoy or open things up for others.

I assessed his production after 6 games and found it lacking. I also said I would revise that evaluation as more data came in so not sure your beef.

47 yards per game doesnt cut it period. He had a big game and hopefully more are in his future.

And here we see iueyedocs point 4b in action folks.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
47 yards per game doesnt cut it period.

It "cut it" for the Bears, as the offense performed well and scored points with Allen Robinson drawing the top DB assignment. I might agree with you if the Bears offense was stagnant, or if they were losing, or if Trubisky was forcing the ball to Robinson play after play with nothing of note happening, or if Robinson wasn't playing well....but none of those things were true.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It "cut it" for the Bears, as the offense performed well and scored points with Allen Robinson drawing the top DB assignment. I might agree with you if the Bears offense was stagnant, or if they were losing, or if Trubisky was forcing the ball to Robinson play after play with nothing of note happening, or if Robinson wasn't playing well....but none of those things were true.

Ok so we have different measures of playing well.